test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Multiple system crashes

2»

Comments

• hellbilly4788#5975 hellbilly4788 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Between the screwed up flickering graphics, and now the constant crashes. The gameplay for me at least has been ruined for about 3 months. The graphics issues have been reported since they started and we have yet to see any comment or fix. I won't hold my breath on them fixing anything including the crashing. Which by the way has been going on since around March. Just not to the extent it has since sompack started on the 5th.
  • nightwchtrnightwchtr Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    I wonder if this has anything to do with the Instances of the game? Currently I am only showing 1 Instance, anyone show more?
  • tmghost7729#8985 tmghost7729 Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    > @nightwchtr said:
    > I wonder if this has anything to do with the Instances of the game? Currently I am only showing 1 Instance, anyone show more?

That is because there aren't enough players to spawn other instances. After few crashes, people will stop trying to log in. So it is not the reason but rather the circumstance.
  • grimm168#6926 grimm168 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Just got on. Announcement screen was fixed but still crashed within 7 minutes of logging on. The lack of news from ARC or Cryptic is very disturbing though. This is what turns players away from a game. All of my fleet has pretty much given up on this game for the time being.
  • frankd1962#4322 frankd1962 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Just saw a post on their Twitter saying the issues should be fixed now.
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    Some people in here need to take a chill pill and dial it back a bit. Voicing your frustrations is fine provided it's done in a civil manor. I've already had to break out the mod pen on several over the line comments. Simply because the devs don't always respond right away does not mean the issue has not been seen. Knowing what is broken is also half the battle as it takes time to do a proper fix. Dealing with code isn't as simple as flipping switches as much as we all wish it were that simple. A single one or zero out of place and the entire thing can come crashing down.

Now with that said, the devs don't like bugs and issues anymore than the rest of us. If folks have screenshots and video, or especially error codes, that's some of the best stuff for getting this fixed. A tweet also went out fairly recently about this issue also. If you are still seeing this issue then please post below.

"Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
    edited July 2018
    (flame/troll post removed) - darkbladejk
    Post edited by darkbladejk on
  • hellcatx805#4438 hellcatx805 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    That's my biggest complaint about the whole thing really. How long does it take to simply say, hey we're aware of the problem and we're working on it. That took me like 4 seconds. Not saying anything shows a total disregard for their customers.
  • quantumking#1690 quantumking Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    i was trying to create a new cahracter and it crashed at the character creation screen twice.. then i skipped most of the customization with the intend of doing it later but it crashed again while on the academy grounds... so i gave up playing last night after that.. 3 times in a row is a no go
    edited July 2018
    (flame/troll post removed) - darkbladejk
    Post edited by darkbladejk on
  • ganapatinordganapatinord Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    "Creating threads or posts that question or reference administrative decisions or potential administrative decisions, such as post removals and thread closures, is not permitted."

https://arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1191393/perfect-world-entertainment-community-rules-and-policies

• solo022#3241 solo022 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    I thought it was my system for a minute but same here game crashes after about 5 min, in game, login middle of a mission. Just sitting idle 5 min past crash blue screen. I just purchased a ship bundle Tuesday as a birthday gift to myself and I cant even the game now WTH is going on.
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    First let's get the obligatory statements out of the way. Folks are free to voice their frustrations provided it is done in a civil and respectful manor. If you cannot do that your post will be removed and may result in a potential thread lock as a whole. The devs don't like bugs anymore than the rest of us, and posts of an inflammatory nature help no one and only distract from getting things done.

Now with the obligatory statements out of the way, I have made sure to pass this up the chain so the devs know there are still issues here. If you are having issues still then please post below and include any error codes, screenshots, videos etc that you may have. Codes and things of that nature help the devs know where to look and get potential fixes out faster. Whenever I have more information I can give you guys I will post it here.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • captainjk740captainjk740 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    It is not just PS4. The PC version keeps disconnecting. It times out before getting to the loading screen. The game crashes during most transfers. The game crashes whenever an episode has been started. If you try to use the Safe Mode, force verify... the game client crashes. This has been happening for several months. It is not my computer or internet.
  • engineerb4#4806 engineerb4 Member Posts: 211 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2019
    A clean reinstall of your game might help you.
    On PC when doing a clean reinstall, after uninstalling the application, make sure to delete the entire Star Trek Online folder. You'll know you are doing a clean reinstall when the launcher is trying to download ~20GB of data.
    Post edited by engineerb4#4806 on
    STO Software Engineer
    I build things. Things that make us go.