test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The 2018 Risa Lolhunat Festival!

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I got it open now. I assumed it was broken but the rep project worked fine and now the flowers are in the store. thanks!

My Level 10 character that could not get the store open in the Reputation Tab, yesterday...she is OK now, too.
    She had the option to unlock the store in her Rep projects this morning when I signed back on. I ran it and was able to use the store from Reputation Tab, today. No need to level her up to Level 11.

So....I can not verify IF I missed the Rep project on her (as in op err on my part, yesterday)....or if it glitched out. Oddly, I had purchased a swim suit for her...so something unlocked. But, what ev...everything is working now.

The "fix" appears to be: sign out of the character and wait an unspecified amount of time until the character resets. Then try the Rep Store unlock project, again. I closed my bug report....no sense sending the Devs to chase their tails on this one.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • ekypyrosekypyros Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    Hello Little Question About Vorgon Dread
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10916963-vorgon-ytijara-dreadnought-cruiser-stats!

Is this right ?
    Fore Weapons: 3
    Aft Weapons: 5

In German are to read

Fore Weapons: 5
    Aft Weapons: 3

whats now right ? some ppl are confused

I know it more Mindfull 5 Fore Weaps but dont know if Cryptic want ttest something new xD

greetz

• echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    As far as I know, it's 3/5. Different and could be interesting to try out.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    ekypyros wrote: »
    Hello Little Question About Vorgon Dread
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10916963-vorgon-ytijara-dreadnought-cruiser-stats!

Is this right ?
    Fore Weapons: 3
    Aft Weapons: 5

In German are to read

Fore Weapons: 5
    Aft Weapons: 3

whats now right ? some ppl are confused

I know it more Mindfull 5 Fore Weaps but dont know if Cryptic want ttest something new xD

greetz

Are you saying that the German version of the STO News Blog listed the ship as having 5 FORE and 3 AFT weapons??? Interesting.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • danquellerdanqueller Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    And once again, we must have a Summer Festival on Risa without sunrises, sunsets, and nighttime fireworks. Really takes a lot of the joy out of these.

Are you saying that the German version of the STO News Blog listed the ship as having 5 FORE and 3 AFT weapons??? Interesting.
    [/quote]

Yep !

edited July 2018

Yep !

We will not know for sure which is correct, until some of the Cryptic folks get back to work tomorrow.

People have been talking about this unusual set up listed (5 AFT and 3 FORE weapons) on the English version of the News Blog for several days, now.

• duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    3 Fore, 5 Aft is the correct weapon setup.

Also, here's the german blog:
    https://www.arcgames.com/de/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10936753-sommerereignis-2018-–-schiffswerte

Where are people seeing 5/3? Bugwaffen: foreward weapon. Heckwaffen: rear weapon. Check the location of each term too, it's the same order as the english blog. It's 3/5 here as well.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »

Yep !

We will not know for sure which is correct, until some of the Cryptic folks get back to work tomorrow.

Well, the other option is to ask in game chat. When I logged in yesterday, there was already a cruiser sitting in ESD orbit.
    kiralyn wrote: »
    where2r1 wrote: »

Yep !

Well, the other option is to ask in game chat. When I logged in yesterday, there was already a cruiser sitting in ESD orbit.

Alternatively:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1241860/yes-3-5-is-intended-people-t6-vorgon-ytijara-dreadnought-cruiser/p1
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • redbeard#5284 redbeard Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    danqueller wrote: »
    And once again, we must have a Summer Festival on Risa without sunrises, sunsets, and nighttime fireworks. Really takes a lot of the joy out of these.

It has been like that all year. It looks like the day/night cycle was turned off permanently.

edited July 2018

It has been like that all year. It looks like the day/night cycle was turned off permanently.

Actually, it has been like that since they did the graphics 'upgrade'. Apparently the engine they switched to is incapable of handling day/night cycles, unlike the older 'not as good' engine. They hinted last year that they could do it and might work on it, but it seems they don't think it is worth it.

Some of us disagree. Strongly. Having a day/night cycle gave meaning to things like beach bonfires, fireworks, or just enjoying the planet. Now, we have fire braziers that go on and off without apparent cause (which is the only way you can tell when it is 'night'), and it's always the same sky. I pity the newer players who will never see what a sunrise on Risa was like.

• smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User

Actually, it has been like that since they did the graphics 'upgrade'. Apparently the engine they switched to is incapable of handling day/night cycles, unlike the older 'not as good' engine. They hinted last year that they could do it and might work on it, but it seems they don't think it is worth it.

Some of us disagree. Strongly. Having a day/night cycle gave meaning to things like beach bonfires, fireworks, or just enjoying the planet. Now, we have fire braziers that go on and off without apparent cause (which is the only way you can tell when it is 'night'), and it's always the same sky. I pity the newer players who will never see what a sunrise on Risa was like.

Pity we can't just have 2 maps, some instances have night, some have day.
    Sorta like how Undine Infiltration and mirror Bajor have night time based maps. o.o
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    People should stop spreading the incorrect information claiming the Master Relaxer accolade cannot be completed, it can be. All of the various elements can be finished, whether talking about the fireworks, pavyl, mokbara, the beach party, whatever, it all still works.

This is correct. I obtained MR just fine last year on a couple toons. One just had to be more diligent in finding some of them.

The MR accolade is not broken.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User

They didn't switch to a different engine, it's the same engine they've used since launch (with some airings they've made over the years). All they did was improve the lighting.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png

They didn't switch to a different engine, it's the same engine they've used since launch (with some airings they've made over the years). All they did was improve the lighting.

Actually, no. They changed the lighting model to permit the graphics changes they wanted for the Console market. If it was just improving the lighting, then switching back to the 1.0 lighting in your Option would undo that. It does not, because the fundamental way lighting and graphics are handled by the game changed, and it is no longer compatible with a day/night cycle (as explained by the Devs at the time this was brought up over a year ago).

So, yes. They switched to a different graphics engine, even if you want to believe all they did was alter the lighting. It was a much more involved and sweeping change that prohibits returning or using the old code.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    ajm1067 wrote: »
    Where's my baseball bat ground weapon? I NEED to crack some skulls with good old ash.
    Too GTA for my tastes.
    How about a baseball weapon? Ranged physical damage, 100% shield pen.
    I think some of you are trying to turn this game into The Warriors.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeEbtiruH2Q

Honestly I love kligats so I'd try it.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    - Baseball outfits get their own category but are not usable in the other ones. This makes them highly limited and rather not interesting.

Well that saves me from logging in to participate in this event, my only interest in the baseball uniforms was the possibility of adding a baseball hat to my excursion uniforms. Thanks for the info.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • galactickirigalactickiri Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    So, this year for the Flying High ship event, we don't get the bonus Lohlunat vouchers for the initial run?
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    So, this year for the Flying High ship event, we don't get the bonus Lohlunat vouchers for the initial run?
    The bonus 400 vouchers only happens during the Anniversary event, not the Summer nor Winter events.

Post edited by avoozuul on
    Hmmm so Bad the Bajor ship is Deleted from Q shop i had spend 800 vouchers and lobis but now all deleted cos summer event :( thats not fair
    IIRC you can still use the next anniversary vouchers to contribute to it.
  • ajm1067ajm1067 Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    I get the impression that the Horgan Hunt is being phased out. Ninety minutes between runs, no changes to the locations in order to keep it interesting; it's something that's becoming a "do it if it's on" event, when the eggs can be purchased from a vendor, and your chances of getting an egg on a hunt seem to be about 1/3 (that's an anecdotal estimate btw, before anyone gets their calculators out, or quotes some obscure reference to the chances of getting an egg, made in a Dev's blog, years ago).

It seems the preference is very much being given to the races and the monkeys, and I think that's a shame. I like the Horgan Hunt and prefer raising the birds. What I think is needed is some kind of a revamp to the event to keep it interesting, whereas it seems that it is being made superfluous and therefore surplus to requirements.

In my opinion, the dance party has been a fad that has had its day. I would be quite happy to see that disappear and have Horgan Hunts more often.

From my own perspective, and from what I can sense from some of the postings, I think people had been hoping for a little more than they got from the event this year. Whilst understanding that, because of the expansion, there may not have been much attention given to Risa this year, if that feeling returns next year, it may start to affect the number of people participating in it.

I think next year could be an important year for the Risa event. Spruce it up a bit, make a few positive changes and hopefully revamp rather than get rid of the Horgan Hunt, and I think it could be a great year; but if people have the same sense of "meh" that they seem to have this year, then it could be the start of a downward spiral - and that would be a real shame.
    NewMixedCrest.jpg?width=350&height=170
    McVittie's Marauders - The House of Arrgh
    Website
    Discord
    I absolutely, positively, will not create more characters in STO now that I have five six seven eight nine ten!
    McVittie/Saren/Arrgh Son of Jahn/Taev Dar/Professor Moriarty/Mia/Vittie/Vidtana'Clan/Suram/Sarela
    I am having a fine time with the Lohlunat Festival thing on Risa this year.

Yes, this year's event is race oriented....but then so is the new stuff they added. The super duper Powerboards and Impulsive floaters. OMG....YOU NEED to run more races to figure out how to control them. I bought a Impulsive floater on one character to start and that is all the challenge I need. LOL!

I actually enjoy the dance, and the Hunt. I am finding eggs...but I buy them, too Because while I like doing the Hunt, I don't like stressing out over the egg counts. And this year, I am not doing the DOFF assignments on my low level characters because I want them to stay at Level 10 until I get back to the stories. So, the eggs pile up for use down the road.

I been doing the Lohlunat favor collection so I can get all my old characters the new Dance Emotes. Not really sure about the Baseball ones. AND I have 7-8 new characters to collect the Risa DOFFs and Kit Modules on.

The only thing that is lackluster: The baseball uniforms being LOCKED to themselves. Not being able to take the jersey and combine with jeans and the Baseball cap sequestered from everything else. Come on, Cryptic....everyone wears baseball caps everywhere. At least, make it Off Duty and Swimwear and Club...if you don't want them combined with Uniforms. This is silly.

edited July 2018
    Only 1 horg hunt and 1 dance, 4 races, and 2 artifact hunts per cycle. Basically the two I like doing most are very limited while the ones I don't like doing the races are numerous and I usually avoid them since last years Risa event not to mention I don't enjoy artifact hunt a great deal either. Now I have to avoid more than half the activities just so I can do the few I want to.
    Hmmm so Bad the Bajor ship is Deleted from Q shop i had spend 800 vouchers and lobis but now all deleted cos summer event :( thats not fair

That's unfortunate but it's worth remembering now that Cryptic never makes prior event ships available as a reputation project once that event has ended. If you want the ship, push through during the time allotted. Otherwise, you'll be at the mercy of the very long odds of the phoenix prize packs.