test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

invisible or missing fx effects

sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
I don't know if someone has already put this problem somewhere: during most of the stfs some fx effects are invisble or missing; for example, when I use torp spread, there are no visuals at all for the gravimetric torp (no view of the projectiles, and no effects for the gravimetric rift) and the nausicaan torp.

Comments

• giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
    I'm also getting this, the most noticeable one is the transporter FX.
    Also not seeing any thing from Eject Warp Plasma or the plasma fires emanating from the ships in "The Swarm" queue. Also no FX from the satellites you are meant to fix in that queue as well. While there are markers for both the disabled Dominion ships and the satellites, having their FX gone has made it a bit tougher to see exactly what ones need repair.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • gizmox64gizmox64 Member Posts: 321 Arc User
    Same issues, no gravity wells, missing torpedoes, no "star burst" from end of ground rifles, no trails to follow in Dyson sphere, missing nacelle streaks.
    I've reset graphic settings, deleted my cache shader*.hogg files, updated nvidia drivers, tried using just sliders in graphic options, tried with and without Lighting 2.0, and nothing seams to work.
    Had no issues pre ViS DLC.
    Dxdiag found no issues, and all is WHQL ok.
  • unclegoldieunclegoldie Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    I'm having multiple missing FX issues as well since the patch/FE last Thursday. My warp/impulse trails will either be missing or I may have one engine leaving a trail (seemingly random which happens) as well as missing interaction icons/glows from NPC's and consoles, items, etc. There may be other instances, but I haven't looked that closely yet.
    Epohh Vindaloo and beer milkshakes for everyone
    jH7LGEi.jpg
  • autobotgoldbugautobotgoldbug Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    I thought something was way off. I'm missing lots of FX too. I was on New Romulus when the Staging Area bug alert went off but I could see no swarms at all.
  • gizmox64gizmox64 Member Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Just toss this out there, I checked run 32 bit exe in the launcher (after entering password, under options), and all those visual issues are gone and am having no problems.
    Oh and just realized I also don't get the DS9 turn camera hitching issue either.
    Post edited by gizmox64 on
  • unclegoldieunclegoldie Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    Just as an update: In my case, at least, the graphics glitches seem to start happening toward the end of the new FE "Home." If I log out of the game then log back in, this seems to fix it.
    Epohh Vindaloo and beer milkshakes for everyone
    jH7LGEi.jpg
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    in fact a lot of effects are missing, the glowing effect for the terminals, banks, kit skills (graviton spike, etc).