test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The 2018 Risa Lolhunat Festival!

Comments

• abralambabralamb Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Baseball uniforms...no London Kings? no Hats? no option for Jem'Hadar to wear em? sry, poor release.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    scavenger hunt scanner is not working, cannot be completed.
  • captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User

avoozuul wrote: »
    The Wehrmacht German army had that style of uniform even before the N's adopted it.

yeah it's the german army uniform. intended or not given that it's a style most associated with the bad guys in WW2 that was a COLOSSAL costume mistake IMHO
  • jrdobbsjr#3264 jrdobbsjr Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    > @captainbrian11 said:
    > avoozuul wrote: »
    >
    > The Wehrmacht German army had that style of uniform even before the N's adopted it.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > yeah it's the german army uniform. intended or not given that it's a style most associated with the bad guys in WW2 that was a COLOSSAL costume mistake IMHO

Lighten up, Francis If anything, it looks more like a plain version of the current West Point Cadet uniform than Third Reich uniforms.
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    JH can't wear the baseball outfits at all, or is it just the hats?

Baseball hats can't be worn with uniforms?

Baseball hats can't be worn with swimsuits?

Okay, no point getting them then. Thanks for saving me some grinding.

Wonder what we'll get next year.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    Whatever we'll be getting next year there had better be a T6 Corvette in there.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    What???? JH can not wear the Baseball uniforms??? Is that a bug???
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User

I want the luxury cruiser. :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    tomilak wrote: »

I noticed that. I got lucky and got going in the right direction and I remembered where two artifact sites were. It was on the second site. That scanner hasn't worked right since the beginning, I think. But at least I got a pointer last year, even if it was only there briefly. This year, I get nothing.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    tomilak wrote: »

I noticed that. I got lucky and got going in the right direction and I remembered where two artifact sites were. It was on the second site. That scanner hasn't worked right since the beginning, I think. But at least I got a pointer last year, even if it was only there briefly. This year, I get nothing.

I dont even need that, I just use the hot/cold thing. :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • redbeard#5284 redbeard Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    JH also can't wear the 10,000 GPL sunglasses (unfortunately I wasted an hour to get GPL for them) and JH have to wear a shirt with swim shorts. Perhaps putting what species can wear what in the announcement would have been helpful. As it is JH has no bare chest option, no eye attach option, no head gear option. Closest to bare chest you can do is buy a retro suit and wear the top straps. I saw a JH at the tailor trying to match the straps to his skin.
  • bigb3bigb3 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    Looks like the Risian Flowers accessory's been removed from this year's Risian Event in the vendor. :(
    bigb3 wrote: »
    Looks like the Risian Flowers accessory's been removed from this year's Risian Event in the vendor. :(

Is your character Level 10??? Because I am having a problem with that on my Level 10 Character. But not on my Level 11 or Level 12 one.

So I am going to take my Level 10 character up to Level 11 tomorrow.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    These are the only locations for the Sun, Sand, and Scavenging locations... it’s a cinch and can be completed by three toons in the time allotted once you know where to look...

https://m.imgur.com/inz1bDo
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • opsjoyopsjoy Member Posts: 25 Arc User

I want the luxury cruiser. :)
    I want both...

[System] "GetCritterDescriptionByID" takes 2 argument(s).
    [System] GetCritterDescriptionByID <int> <int>
    [System] "GetCritterGroupDescriptionByID" takes 2 argument(s).
    [System] GetCritterGroupDescriptionByID <int> <int>

• peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    A few observations that don’t feel right:

- The new floaters are faster than the ones we got the past few years, yet they cost the same?

- Baseball outfits get their own category but are not usable in the other ones. This makes them highly limited and rather not interesting.

- With the Jem faction you just made a major release, still the new characters are heavily handicapped as to what they can wear. In case of Risa there is not even a warning as to what they can’t use.

- Single emotes for 600 favors? I hope we talk about an acc wide unlock here?

I understand you just had your hands full with ViL and I’m happy you still released a summer event with some new stuff. Nevertheless those few issues could lead to a heavily reduced participation in it. If things stay as they are I get my daily done for the ship wthout anything else to do. I have thousands of favors from past years but have 0 mood to spend any.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    For some weird reason I could not even find one of the artifacts with the old user map from a year ago, it helped me fine then but not now.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    > @captainbrian11 said:
    > avoozuul wrote: »
    >
    > The Wehrmacht German army had that style of uniform even before the N's adopted it.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > yeah it's the german army uniform. intended or not given that it's a style most associated with the bad guys in WW2 that was a COLOSSAL costume mistake IMHO

Lighten up, Francis If anything, it looks more like a plain version of the current West Point Cadet uniform than Third Reich uniforms.

or pretty much any modern military dress uniform. When I saw that uniform I wasn't thinking 1940s german military but rather military in general.

slap a USMC shield to that cap and it would be practically idetical to what USMC officers would have for their duty uniforms during the period (the color would be off as US forces used green apart from the navy that used white).
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    No love for the Klingon side with this summers event! Would it have been too difficult to throw in a couple of Klingon side baseball outfits?

Ferasan Fangs
    Lethal Lethean's
    Romulan Stars
    Reman Miners
    Hirogen Hunters
    Borg Assimilated Diamonds
    Gorgeous Gorn
    Orion Slave Girls

How easy was that to come up with? I'm sure others can add to the suggestions as well. Here's hoping next year is a little more inclusive.
  • wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User

- The new floaters are faster than the ones we got the past few years, yet they cost the same?

- Baseball outfits get their own category but are not usable in the other ones. This makes them highly limited and rather not interesting.

- With the Jem faction you just made a major release, still the new characters are heavily handicapped as to what they can wear. In case of Risa there is not even a warning as to what they can’t use.

- Single emotes for 600 favors? I hope we talk about an acc wide unlock here?

I understand you just had your hands full with ViL and I’m happy you still released a summer event with some new stuff. Nevertheless those few issues could lead to a heavily reduced participation in it. If things stay as they are I get my daily done for the ship wthout anything else to do. I have thousands of favors from past years but have 0 mood to spend any.

Emotes - I recall that there was some event recently where it wasn't clear whether the emotes were account or character unlock, and it was only AFTER I had bought them all on several characters that it was corrected and became account unlock.

Do we know whether the new emotes are account or character bound?
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    bigb3 wrote: »

Is your character Level 10??? Because I am having a problem with that on my Level 10 Character. But not on my Level 11 or Level 12 one.

So I am going to take my Level 10 character up to Level 11 tomorrow.

Looks like Jem can't wear those either.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

edited July 2018
    like Jem can't wear those either.

Yes they can wear them....here is my Priscilla:

QA8QGUR.jpg

We just have to figure out WHY that item does not show up in the store for some characters.
    For my Level 10 Delta Recruit...I think it is because the Event Rep store is NOT open to her.

For your Jem'Hadar...not sure why. Did you do "Welcome to Risa" at the Flying High NPC Lady and spend the 1 Lohlunat Favor on unlocking the store? Do you have access to the Event Store on the Reputation tab???

I made a post in the bug reports part of the forum....I can edit the title to include Jem'Hadar, if you can not get the store opened for yours.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1242025/risa-2018-reputation-tab-event-store-level-10-characters

P.S...I figured out that my Orion Delta Recruit (Level 10) character's Event store was not REALLY open to her was because I did not see the Risian Flowers in the Vendor Store. When I went to the Rep Store Tab....she does not have access to the Summer Event store at all.

• postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    The emotes that came along with smooth and unusual "dances" (in quotes because they lack rhythm) were account unlocks. New ones are too expensive for a per character thing.

Cosmetic stuff is of no real interest, especially when its locked into a category of its own and has limitations.

Not having things set for the jem hadar is a mistake on cryptics part.

The ever expanding store REALLY REALLY needs reworked with actual subcategories and a search function rather than scroll through a bajillion things you don't want or can't use.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User

The new "Impulsive" floaters & surfboards cost the same because they're faster, but also handle much worse (turning, braking, etc). Different balance of stats.

re: costs
    I think I said this in the General thread on the event.... the prices don't seem absurdly high to me because I figured out how to get piles & piles of favors. (5 characters with superior floaters doing one 15m Horgahn Hunt = 500 favors. In previous years because I was farming eggs for rep marks, I did the hunt a LOT. I ended last year with 16k favors saved in my bank.)

But yeah, I imagine if you're just getting them from the dance contest or the races, the prices would feel higher.
    like Jem can't wear those either.

Yes they can wear them....here is my Priscilla:

QA8QGUR.jpg

We just have to figure out WHY that item does not show up in the store for some characters.
    For my Level 10 Delta Recruit...I think it is because the Event Rep store is NOT open to her.

For your Jem'Hadar...not sure why. Did you do "Welcome to Risa" at the Flying High NPC Lady and spend the 1 Lohlunat Favor on unlocking the store? Do you have access to the Event Store on the Reputation tab???

I made a post in the bug reports part of the forum....I can edit the title to include Jem'Hadar, if you can not get the store opened for yours.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1242025/risa-2018-reputation-tab-event-store-level-10-characters

P.S...I figured out that my Orion Delta Recruit (Level 10) character's Event store was not REALLY open to her was because I did not see the Risian Flowers in the Vendor Store. When I went to the Rep Store Tab....she does not have access to the Summer Event store at all.

that must be the problem. my mission bugged out when i got to Risa and the store is not open either, though I have bought several things on Risa. May not be fixable.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

that must be the problem. my mission bugged out when i got to Risa and the store is not open either, though I have bought several things on Risa. May not be fixable.

You can still run the Rep Project for unlocking the store...even if the "Welcome to Risa" mission did not complete. Just takes one Lohlunat Favors and slotting the project in the Rep Event tab.

Hmmm... I think the Risian Flowers missing from the VENDOR STORE is a separate bug.

I just checked in on Risa with another new character....unlocked the store in the Reputation Tab. I can buy the Flowers in the Rep Store tab....but it does not show up at all at the Vendor.

Anyhoo...when you get the Store Unlocked...it is AFTER the Baseball Uniforms, but BEFORE Swimwear....
    ONLY in the SUMMER EVENT REPUTATION STORE tab:

fk3ia0Q.jpg

The Vendor store is split between two tabs....the New Baseball Uniforms are in "Summer Event" tab and the Swimwear is in the "Swimwear" tab. The poor Flowers got pushed to Limbo Land when they added the new Baseball uniforms to the Vendor.

So I will make another Bug Report.

• majorhalcyonmajorhalcyon Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    crm14916 wrote: »
    These are the only locations for the Sun, Sand, and Scavenging locations... it’s a cinch and can be completed by three toons in the time allotted once you know where to look...

https://m.imgur.com/inz1bDo

This actually is missing two of them: there is one by the tree with the Horg'ahn during the Hunt, on the eastern beach, and another on the sloap of the cauldera down the jungle road. That map had me confused, because I've pulled artifacts from both spots before, personally, and it wasn't showing. I believe the map over on the STO Wiki page is more accurate, though this one is a good start.

You can still run the Rep Project for unlocking the store...even if the "Welcome to Risa" mission did not complete. Just takes one Lohlunat Favors and slotting the project in the Rep Event tab.

I got it open now. I assumed it was broken but the rep project worked fine and now the flowers are in the store. thanks!