test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Risa Scavenger Hunt scanner Bugged

chanfron66chanfron66 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
Hi, please fix this scanner, I assume you are meant to get a red radar chevron to show you which direction to go, it only shows up when flying besides hills or tree tops making it almost impossible to use for me, it does not show walking on ground or flying over flat ground.
The on screen directions are very vague and seem to change there mind as heading in a direction says further away yet later going back to same spot and going in same direction says closer.
Well this is what I am finding.
My first time doing summer event so no idea that it was like before.

At the moment its frustrating and not FUN.

Thanks
  • Soft Tribble Warm Tribble, Little ball of fur, Happy Tribble, Sleepy Tribble, Purr Purr Purr
  • Hard Gorny, Cold Gorny, Big Ball of Scales, Angry Gorny, Fighty Gorny, Hiss, Hiss Hisssss
  • History will never forget the name "InvalidEntityName"

Comments

• jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Yep. Got the same issue.
  • baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 621 Arc User
    Same here on PC. On console (Xbox One) works every time and makes finding the artifact much easier.
  • wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    A red radar chevron? The only thing I've ever seen the scanner do is return with the message "Closer" in green and "Further" in Red to triangulate on the location of the artifact.

Here's a suggestion that I learned on youtube when I did my first Summer Event.

- Pick a point near the center of the island facing a cardinal direction (there's a nice flat piece of land that works just above the end of the Biathlon). Move North (or whatever) a bit and see whether you're closer or further.

- If closer, then move left and right to see whether you're closer or further (you don't need to move that far, besides you'd fall of the cliff if you did).

- If further, then move the opposite direction past your starting point and check (you should be closer). Then move left and right to see which direction is closer.

- Use your flyer to fly in a straight line and test again. Move left and right to see which is closer.

- Continue this until you scan on the ground to reveal the artifact mound. It usually took me about 2-3 minutes to find the spot when I first started (now, when I'm close I know where to go, so that takes less time since there are only about 10-ish locations).

• majorhalcyonmajorhalcyon Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    The only time I've gotten it to reliably appear any more is to be on a floter 5-10m off the ground, and even then you might have to adjust the camera until it shows. It's acting like the graphic is stuck below the terrain, and only being off the ground is letting it appear.
  • necrofuznecrofuz Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    I don't even use that red marker that appears under you when flying.. I just follow the indicator when it says closer or farther.. From what a friend tells me.. if you are using a floater.. you need to be a certain distance above the ground to see the entire marker show to give you a direction. I have never seen it show it properly so just followed the 'cold/hot' signals and never had a problem finding it.
  • olixioolixio Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Same here, can't get it work like it used too. Yet, on top of that, my toon does this jerking motion to the left ever time I use the scanner. It slows the process down and making it take longer to get "closer". I avoid playing it.
  • chanfron66chanfron66 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    I have map of all locations now and use tip from youtube vid to start in middle of volcano facing north, activate, move forward and scan, back and scan, left/right and scan, you should now know which quarter of map its in , then fly to locations and scan.
    • Soft Tribble Warm Tribble, Little ball of fur, Happy Tribble, Sleepy Tribble, Purr Purr Purr
    • Hard Gorny, Cold Gorny, Big Ball of Scales, Angry Gorny, Fighty Gorny, Hiss, Hiss Hisssss
    • History will never forget the name "InvalidEntityName"
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    as of today the artifact scanner is better but still mostly inactive, i can scan 12 times and maybe 4 of them will have the scan graphic show up, this is very frustrating, we cant play if the game doesnt work right!
  • lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    It appears if you move the camera above the player character and zoom out a bit.

Also to note, the only artefact I've found this year are the FNORD blueprints. Getting the accolade would seem to be impossible.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    Frankly, I had more trouble with the red marker. I can find the artifact, sometimes in less than a minute. Most times it's about 2-3 mins. I can get 4 or even five if i'm lucky, through before time runs out.

The Closer/Further indicators plus knowing where most of the dig sites are at are all I need.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • accordvtec77accordvtec77 Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    Seems we can add this to the ever growing list of bugs that will NEVER be fixed...
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    i figured out what is necessary to make the artifact scanner work, but in truth, it needs twerking, the way you have to look at it was no where near this bad in previous years and shouldn't this time either. thanks for fixing this in a timely manner to make playing the artifact hunt more enjoyable.