test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Make it so] Claim XP Boosts and More Today

2»

Comments

• postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    The holo boffs were also used as a reward for buying zen.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    darthorici wrote: »
    Shane on them. for not doing this. check twice before sending.

I'm quite certain that the system is automated, and no system is infallible. There's no need to be shaming anyone. I'd suggest that maybe you keep things in perspective.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    I got 2x 150k XP increases but they were from my Vanguard pack. I was never offered what the OP is asking about.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User

I'm quite certain that the system is automated, and no system is infallible.

Maybe the system just looked at individual toons not having logged in for a while? Like I still have a lv 40 Klink toon I haven't used in ages.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    meimeitoo wrote: »

I'm quite certain that the system is automated, and no system is infallible.

Maybe the system just looked at individual toons not having logged in for a while? Like I still have a lv 40 Klink toon I haven't used in ages.

Never thought about that. Could be based on the login activity of the very first or at least oldest character on an account. I still have my first toon, but he's no longer my main, so I don't login to him too often or for very long these days. Still, that's just speculation.
    GrWzQke.png
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,450 Arc User
    > @darthorici said:
    > Shane on them. for not doing this. check twice before sending.

Leave Shane out of this.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
    edited June 2018
    bergins wrote: »
    > @darthorici said:

Leave Shane out of this.
    GrWzQke.png
  • littlesarbonnlittlesarbonn Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    Ok, folks. Seems this was supposed to be a reactivation "welcome back" email for folks who hadn't logged in for awhile.

If you've been playing and received the email, like me, it was a false positive and we received it by accident.

Legimate receivers of the email upon login would've gotten a "welcome back" pop-up to click on in-game to receive the rewards.

If you did not receive the rewards, and believe you should have due to having been away for x amount of time, contact support.

I know this is probably not what many of you wanted to hear, but at least we have our answer. Thanks to everyone for their patience and continued understanding.

- BMR

Okay, that clarifies it. Thanks for looking into it.

And no biggie, really. It's not like we're talking Nagus Marauder here: just a few trivial boost packs. I think I'll live. :)

Not me. Full panic, anger mode.

Aaaaaaaagh!!!!

Okay, fine now.
    Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
    Fleet Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Shaka Walls Fell
    Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
    Foundry series: Bob From Accounting & For the Sake of the Empire
  • toraknutoraknu Member Posts: 78 Arc User

thank you for quick reaction and clearing
    i give it forward to the forum in my language

alert to yellow
    and keep traveling on
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    Ok, folks. Seems this was supposed to be a reactivation "welcome back" email for folks who hadn't logged in for awhile.

If you've been playing and received the email, like me, it was a false positive and we received it by accident.

Legimate receivers of the email upon login would've gotten a "welcome back" pop-up to click on in-game to receive the rewards.

If you did not receive the rewards, and believe you should have due to having been away for x amount of time, contact support.

I know this is probably not what many of you wanted to hear, but at least we have our answer. Thanks to everyone for their patience and continued understanding.

- BMR

Big time thanks for having the initiative BMR, looking into this, & clarifying even though it isn't what us "mistake" email recipients probably wanted to hear/read.

Again, I think this is one of those times where Cryptic should re-evaluate their appreciation to their players/customers since it doesn't hurt the players that were intended to get the emails versus if the other players receive them too.

Damn, Cryptic is either going through a phase or just a string of bad luck about saying they're doing something then reneging on it.
  • katanahiryukatanahiryu Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    bergins wrote: »
    > @darthorici said:

Leave Shane out of this.

the-walking-dead-shane.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Interestingly I was able to claim 2 xp boosts a couple of days ago but I didn't think anything of it. Didn't check to see if I have an email. I haven't been "away for a while" either. If I remember right, it was under the "discount packs" tab.

EDIT: I did in fact get an email.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    Interestingly I was able to claim 2 xp boosts a couple of days ago but I didn't think anything of it. Didn't check to see if I have an email. I haven't been "away for a while" either. If I remember right, it was under the "discount packs" tab.

Are you sure those weren't the boost packs you get with the Vanguard bundle?
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User

Are you sure those weren't the boost packs you get with the Vanguard bundle?
    No I can't be sure of that because I didn't really think anything of it at the time.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
This discussion has been closed.