test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

All episodes locked after release of new featured episode "home" (Fixed)

2»

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    You know, I just made a Starfleet, Romulan, and Jem'hadar characters..... should have just stuck with KDF.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • atroxvincentiusatroxvincentius Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Yeah and the orbital devastation beam and orbital strike for Jem'Hadar captains are now plasma beams... even after the 28 June 2018 patch that should've fixed it. To match the plasma damage it's now also a plasma green color too instead of the purple it should be. I guess my Jem'Hadar is secretly working for the Romulans now.

Your Orbital Strike I gives 3 (5) to Elachi Scanner's Shields.
    Your Orbital Strike I deals 5 (11) Plasma Damage to Elachi Scanner.
    Your Orbital Chasing Beam III gives 27 (60) to Elachi Scanner's Shields.
    Your Orbital Chasing Beam III gives 0 (45) Plasma Damage to Elachi Scanner.
  • jheinigjheinig Member Posts: 361 Cryptic Developer
    "Melting Pot" had old data related to when it was a feature episode, which didn't get updated correctly; a patch for this is coming in. Once it's in it will appear again in the journal and you will be able to progress through it or skip it.
  • engineerb4#4806 engineerb4 Member Posts: 211 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2019
    Post edited by engineerb4#4806 on
    STO Software Engineer
    I build things. Things that make us go.
    edited January 2019
    STO Software Engineer
  • rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    It seems Jem'Hadar aligned with Fed don't have skip enabled on their missions. We are looking into it, its probably another data error.

I made a mistake with this. Skipping seems to be working correctly.

The general policy is, if we can let you skip a mission, then we allow it to be skipped.

Some missions can't be skipped because they are important to unlock progress/access in some way.

However note that skipping a mission doesn't count as having completed it. So for Delta/Temporal/Gamma Recruits, skipping the missions doesn't account toward unlocks.

Skipping didn't work for my Jem'Haddar until any of the folloing happened, unsure which:
    1. I finished the FE "Home"
    2. There was a maintenance after which the FE "Home" was released.
    -Skipping was impossible for my FED Jemm before that maintenance - 100% surely.
    -I only skipped AFTER doing the FE called "Home"

After I skipped, a total mess occurred. PLEASE check the status of my Fed Jemm'Hadar Arak'lar - something is VERY wrong with it if skipping was allowed and this is the state in which it is now. Note that I did Melting Pot missions (hardly with my computer status but managed) when I thought it will solve my issue. It didn't as my issue lies in mission 6th: Tenebris, I think.

I acknowledge the missions are important and that unlock of sixth mission reward will not be gained until it's finished. This goes without saying and I have no problem with that :)

My char is blocked from even starting Kobali (no 1st wrapper is available while in Kobali, either by General or by available or by auto hail - nothing. That way, also can't eventually advance in questing after Kobali toard Iconian and up. I can't accept Sphere of Influence at all, let alone skip it (this hinders Dyson's line questing). And OFC (and I can live with that) I can't start lower level lines such as welcome to ESD if applicable/Stranded in space and go up in lines there.

Current status: Character looks not very fun or useful this way in the situation described above. Will maybe/hopefully be able to do the 6th mission after getting a new computer but there is no way before that as I have significant personal difficulties which together with an outdated computer make it impossible for me now.
    I think going to Kobali and up/Dyson questing is reasonable in that status, considering I did "Home", (did even Melting Pot on that same day) and skipped the 6th mission Tenebris?

P.S.
    Does skipping Tenebris after doing FE causes character's troubles?
    edited January 2019
    STO Software Engineer
  • rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Thank you :)

P.S.
    Clarification/elaboration: Thank you for your check, I appreciate that and am very glad no real "damaged" character.

However mechanically allowing this skip doesn't mean much if the character is blocked meanwhile, IMO there should be another solution for this mission, but this is probably beside the point. Nevertheless, I am glad I'll probably be able to continue once I have a new computer.
  • snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    The missions are back in their correct places, all issues in this bug report has been fixed in the patch today (7/3/18)

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10944623-pc-patch-notes-7/3/18

Thank you for your lovely assistance @engineerb4#4806 and @jheinig !
    Your welcome!
    STO Software Engineer
  • starangel1980starangel1980 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Glad things seem to be working for a lot of folks, but I'm still having issues, unfortunately. After today's patch on my Fed'Hadar, I have the previously completed "Melting Pot" mission back in my episode journal, and for the first time I'm seeing "Renegade's Regret" (never played/completed on this toon). However, it is grayed out completely. I tried turning on auto-hail, visiting Admiral Quinn at ESD, and even playing through the previous episode again (Scylla and Charybdis...). But the mission just isn't accessible. Anyone else seeing this after the July 3rd patch? So close!
    edited January 2019
    STO Software Engineer
    Thanks b4. Before I posted, I did check every mission and they are all completed with "replay" as an option. The only exception is the first mission under "Yesterday's War" arc--The Once and Future Agent mission--that one says "Hail" but it's grayed out, as well. And I am pretty sure I've already cleared that mission since "Core of the Matter" and "Vorgon Conclusions" are also completed. Mystery, here. I submitted a GM ticket in-game.
    edited January 2019
    STO Software Engineer
    Thanks engineerb4, Happy Fourth of July!
    Greetings! Is a fix for this issue still in the pipeline? I'm not seeing it as a known issue in today's release notes and the problem remains (re: "Renegade's Regret" mission Hail button is grayed out in the Mission Journal). Thanks!
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    My Jem'Hadar Fed-aligned Gamma Recruit only had the two Gamma related Arcs (one completed) and Featured Episode, and that's it. After I completed 'Home' all the other Arcs showed up but all were grayed out. Last night I completed Tenebis and the 'Klingon War' Arc was available to Skip all the way through. The beginning of 'Solonae' and 'Delta' were also activated separately. After skipping through the 'Klingon War', 'Yesterday's War ' Arc was usable, but as usual you must do those all to proceed.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • atroxvincentiusatroxvincentius Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Orbital chasing beam for Fed Jem'Hadar is still a plasma beam, before the patch on 28 June 2018 it was a polaron beam, what's the deal, is it ever going to be fixed?
    Thank you for the report.
    STO Software Engineer
  • astroroblaastrorobla Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    You know this was all fixed for all my alts a couple days ago. But today everyone lost access to the Gamma Quad missions, even the alt who was 2 episodes into the arc. Only my J'H can still access the ViL missions on replay. Everyone else can see them listed but no buttons to activate.
    Now a top-rated spotlight mission!
    STO-sig.jpg
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1246261/pc-patch-notes-for-1-17-19

They rolled back the changes in the mission journal on 17 JAN 2019 patch.

See Ambassador Kael note:
    Quick note: The rollback change from being able to play any mission you want, whenever you want, is not likely permanent. As I mentioned on the stream tonight, the way it was working would lead to brand new players getting tons of auto-hails and seeing 40 missions the first time they met Quinn or J'mpok. We're working on a fix so that you can still play any mission wherever, but if you're new, you won't get overwhelmed by seeing all of them at once. That should hopefully come soon, but until then, going back to "skip to whatever mission you want to play" was the best compromise.

So things are back to where it was before the patch that (kinda) fixed things last time. We have to wait a bit longer.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin