test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Chroma integration not working

My chroma integration is no longer working within my sto. Not sure if the latest patch here broke it. My Razer software is up to date and the game is enabled in my chroma app settings.

Comments

• phyloephyloe Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    I am having the same issue.
  • derkesthai#1386 derkesthai Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Same here. Also stopped working in Neverwinter. Other games (ESO for instance) work fine.
  • mtemplar86mtemplar86 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Figured it out today with the help of someone else on Reddit. It seems that the 32-bit client is still fully functional but since it's now running 64-bit standard, the Synapse doesn't recognize the client as running and can't work with it. So if you truly need it, you can open the launcher and click options and then 32-bit client. I've submitted a ticket with Cryptic and Razer. We'll see where it goes from there.

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/8ko21i/razer_chroma_integration_not_working_anymore/
  • derkesthai#1386 derkesthai Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Yeah I can confirm this works. Thanks @mtemplar86 :)

Not sure if there is any huge drawback to running the 32-bit client, but I do like pretty colours :smiley:

It's possible they are waiting for the new Synapse to come out of beta to update it?
  • mtemplar86mtemplar86 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    koyvar wrote: »
    Yeah I can confirm this works. Thanks @mtemplar86 :)

Not sure if there is any huge drawback to running the 32-bit client, but I do like pretty colours :smiley:

It's possible they are waiting for the new Synapse to come out of beta to update it?

So I got back a response from both Cryptic and Razer. While Cryptic's response was more of a standard "Yeah we'll look into it but in the mean time, please post suggestions/comments over on the forums." Which I've done here. Razer was actually interested in my information and has said while they can't confirm the findings of the client versions, they'll still pass it along to software development and try to resolve the issue soon. If they are waiting for Synapse 3.0 to release that's fine. I can't use it right now because there is no support for my Mamba Wireless yet but my Blackwidow is supported. Lol. Either way, I can wait if really needed to get to use it again. :)
  • silverdragon936silverdragon936 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Ah good, then I don't need to file a bug report and create a new thread for this... I thought already I was the only one because google never mentioned this thread!
    Also I just noticed, my client is already set to 32-Bit, but chroma still doesn't recognize it <.<
    I think it might be connected to the fact that I had to reinstall my Windows, and razer lost the old STO entry due to that, seems like afterwards it doesn't receive a 64 nor 32 bit Version of it, can anyone confirm this?
  • chrisanslerchrisansler Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Chroma works fine for the 32bit for me but not for 64bit. Also the new Dominion faction doesn't have a unique color scheme and either uses the color scheme of their aligned faction or just federation blue (I don't have a KDF Jem to test). It appears as if Cryptic is abandoning Chroma support by not porting it to the 64bit client which is a shame.

Also it's not on Synapse's side to recognize the client, its on the client's side to utilize the API. The 64bit client simply doesn't utilize Chroma.
    Is there something else I could be doing wrong if neither the 64 nor 32 bit version are recognized by synapse for me? O.o