test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Still a fan of the Avenger/Arbiter?

snipey47asnipey47a Member Posts: 485 Media Corps
Check out the video I made for a STO player that wanted the Avenger/Arbiter to be the staring ship. The link below is to the official post in the Media Corp section.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1241714/t6-fleet-arbiter-class-vs-iconians-sto-community-member-special-ship-feature

Shots from the video below:

qq45cQ2.png

jRtRdjf.png

0ZNtfgK.png

bXFdNES.png

YIFGrJv.jpg

Comments

• Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    The avenger is one of those T5's that I prefer over its T6 "upgrade"
  • Options
    lordbeefy7lordbeefy7 Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    I use the Avenger skin on my flarbiter.

As far as my fed characters go this is my favourite all rounder....closely followed by the t6 veteran manticore. Only thing i do differently is mt fed sci toon who uses the 31st century sci ship which is so good.

Im currently running my fed jemhadar through the arbiter for the emergency weapon cycle trait.

Out of interest with my flarbs i run ap with the weapon cycle, extended faw anf all hands on deck....makes for a lovely gunship feel.
  • Options
    jbmonroejbmonroe Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    The Arbiter is my go-to ship when things get ugly. The Sands (CoH refugees will get this) can fire all weapons in the forward arc and that makes for a grand entrance.
    boldly-watched.png
  • Options
    mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    Business in the front, omni in the back. And fast too.
  • Options
    mspfuelermspfueler Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    Love my flying beef & cheddar. (Arbi's-they have the meat!) The EPW proc, MkXV epic everything. Like a warm knife through buttah!
    Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam!

• Options
    mez83mez83 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    I currently fly the t6 fleet version with the avenger skin. Imo it's the best ship in the game.
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    It is one of my first ships and a favorite of mine.
  • Options
    disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    The day they gave away the Avenger, my fate was sealed.

There's a lot to like about the ship(s). Surprisingly fast and nimble for a cruiser, nice and versatile BOff seating which enables any number of hybrids or tank builds, good hull strength despite having said high maneuverability, the Hazard Shielding console is very strong, and the trait is one of the greatest on the game. The T5 console is...okay too.

It's hard to give a definitive reason to get it not because it has none, but because there's so many different yet equally valid reasons to grab it. The Battlecruiser sits just below the 31st century Temporal Starships on my list of must-haves.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I still fly mine all the time, I love the all black hull pattern.. looks as good as she performs.

Still one of the best ships in the game, many have forgotten her in the mass of new ships.. but she's still one of the best.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    Actually, I change my mind.

The reason you should buy it is that when you enter combat it has ablative armor generators that cover some parts of the hull. It wouldn't matter if it was weaker than a type 10 shuttle, that alone makes the thing worth buying.
  • Options
    benjaminodbenjaminod Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Actually, I change my mind.

The reason you should buy it is that when you enter combat it has ablative armor generators that cover some parts of the hull. It wouldn't matter if it was weaker than a type 10 shuttle, that alone makes the thing worth buying.

Agreed, that's my favourite bit about the ship, love entering battle and seeing it go to Red alert. Also with omnis, it has a beastly 8 slot front arc..
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    I wish the VATA was released from its ship binding.. its such a nice weapon on a single target burst build... release it at max range, kill the targetted mob and keep it throwing out turret pods
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    First C-store ship i ever bought so it has a place in my heart. I flew that thing to pieces as the fleet version. I looks like a true Warship Voyager i feel when using the fleet pylons.

Never bought the T6 version although i still fly the T5 one now and then. I do like that VATA launcher even if it's pretty gimmicky.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    burstorion wrote: »
    I wish the VATA was released from its ship binding.. its such a nice weapon on a single target burst build... release it at max range, kill the targetted mob and keep it throwing out turret pods

Actually I think that's the KDF variant, which launches a single warhead that beelines for the target and drops AP turret mine things.
    The Fed VATA launches two warheads that circle the target before hitting it, shooting micro torps if I remember correctly.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    burstorion wrote: »

Actually I think that's the KDF variant, which launches a single warhead that beelines for the target and drops AP turret mine things.
    The Fed VATA launches two warheads that circle the target before hitting it, shooting micro torps if I remember correctly.

What they shoot varies depending on the mode you have the ship set to if i recall.

So it shoots Quantum torps, Chroniton torps, or Tachyon beams.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    I'm typically using Strategic Maneuvering, so the VATA warheads themselves are usually Chroniton.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    The avenger is one of those T5's that I prefer over its T6 "upgrade"

Why? You get the Avenger skin with the Arbiter even if you don't own it, plus you can mix and match parts from both.

The T6 is a great ship.

• Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    Necro. /Thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.