test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How to Grind Specialization points

thinker#1378 thinker Member Posts: 11 Arc User
I'm a relatively new player, having joined just before the 2017 winter event, and I have looked around on youtube and even a bit here, and I haven't found any decent guides or even pointers on the most efficient way to get specialization points.

With my perfectionist tendencies, and the Gamma Recruitment event more than half over, I am worried that I will not manage to get the needed 90 specialization points to complete the Rewards, even though I already have everything else done or well on the way.

So far, I have been sticking mostly with going into PvE ques like the Tzenkethi Red alert and Crystalline catastrophe. I've done a few mission beyond the new JH missions, but they seem to do very little for the time the missions take.

Any advice on faster way to boost how quickly or efficiently one can get Specialization points would be greatly appreciated.
Tagged:

Comments

• garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    admiralty

doffing ,nebulas ,battle zone assignments

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1238479/tipp-research-assignment-and-doffing

,the event is create a gamme recr. until the 18.07 ,after that we can still finish the tasks within
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Yeah, don't worry about finishing the tasks before the event ends. The only thing needed is to CREATE a Jem'Hadar during the event, once you have the special device the tasks can be completed any time. There is no way Cryptic would expect anyone to get 90 spec points in the 6 week period. It can be done, and probably has been by now by some folks, but they are not the average. I'm not even close, I think I have spent maybe 8-9 spec points so far, but I only started playing my JH around last Friday.

As for grinding spec points, as garaks31 said, Admiralty can be a HUGE source of XP needed to level up. Once you complete the Federation Tour of Duty 10/10, you get 2 spec points as a reward as well and can be done multiple times.

Really though, anything that gets you XP will help. Buy some XP boosts off the exchange. Or if you feel like spending real money, buy them from the CStore or you can chance it and buy some lockbox keys as there are XP boosts in those as well sometimes.

Just play the game, don't burn yourself out. It's not a race to get it done.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • thinker#1378 thinker Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    We only need to START the event during recruitment, and can finish at any time once we have the device ... ... ...

*Facepalms* Boy do I feel stupid.

It even makes perfect sense when you think about the other major events like the Summer and Winter ones. You can start the project, and as long as you don't cancel it, it stays until you finish, even if you finish it next year.

Why did I not realize this on my own when the Delta Recruit item didn't vanish from that particular toon?

Whelp, that's a load off my mind.

Thank you, this knowledge is greatly appreciated.

I will now go outside, find a nice tree to sit under, and creep people out as I laugh insanely at my ability to get things wrong.

{Edit} I have been playing the JH from near the beginning, and I've been playing for about an hour a day (ish), and I finished the Miracle Worker tree (start with it half done as an engineer), and have nearly finished the Constable tree ... almost 30 points so far.
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    dyson allied zone minefield and contestand zone gives good xp too
  • rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    It even makes perfect sense when you think about the other major events like the Summer and Winter ones. You can start the project, and as long as you don't cancel it, it stays until you finish, even if you finish it next year.
    Careful with that, it's not always true in a way (not always / in all events you can get currency matching the projects of past events) summer / winter events for example might be a specific year's currency exclusive. Projects can stay slotted though.

Beside that warning (and sorry I can't give details ATM), it's fine :) (yes, as others said, your Jemm'Hadar is here to stay as long as it finished turned up the tide and got the transponder)

Good luck and welcome