test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Away teams on login screen

aerojam#5421 aerojam Member Posts: 22 Arc User
Hello everyone!

Don't you like we could change the order of appearance of the BOFF's in the login screen, so that it doesn't depend on the order of acquisition of such BOFF's? ...just a matter of aesthetics, but I think would be cool if devs make it possible for next patches.

Thanks for your attention, greetings!
Post edited by aerojam#5421 on

Comments

• peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    I’m very interested in this as well so would appreciate any input. Slotting them for ground duty in game gets them displayed in the loading screen. Same saved names while making costumes gets them to bug out and displayed multiple times, that I know. But how is one supposed to change order in which they appear? The order by which they are slotted does not hold any effect on any of my toons.

To be more concrete, lest say one has 2 tacs, 1 engineer and 1 sci and would wish to have the two tacs in the left and right backgrounds. What would be the slotting order, if there is any?
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • aerojam#5421 aerojam Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    The order they show on the loading screen is determined by the slot they are in on the Stations tab. Swap them around in there and you change the order on the loading screen.

I've already tried that, and didn't work. Thanks anyway
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    You cannot change the order they're displayed on the login screen. You can put them in any order, it won't matter.

The duplication bug is caused by 2 bridge officers having the same saved name for their uniform. If you have BoFFs duplicated on the login screen, go to the tailor and rename their outfits to something unique and it will fix that.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • aerojam#5421 aerojam Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    You cannot change the order they're displayed on the login screen...

Yah, no discussion about that. But I mean, if you would like devs to make it possible, for future patches...

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    You cannot change the order they're displayed on the login screen...

Yah, no discussion about that. But I mean, if you would like devs to make it possible, for future patches...

It's not a huge issue to me, it's just the login screen.. but given a choice I always prefer more customization options. I certainly wouldn't mind having the option to customize that screen.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    There's some amusing glitches with how they load in.

One of my klink has a boff that never appears with her chest armour equipped! Apparently klingons have no nipples.

One of my other characters regularly has a faceless boff on the select screen. And by faceless I mean they have teeth and eyes floating around under the hair but no actual face.
  • marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    > @peterconnorfirst said:
    > I’m very interested in this as well so would appreciate any input. Slotting them for ground duty in game gets them displayed in the loading screen. Same saved names while making costumes gets them to bug out and displayed multiple times, that I know. But how is one supposed to change order in which they appear? The order by which they are slotted does not hold any effect on any of my toons.
    >
    > To be more concrete, lest say one has 2 tacs, 1 engineer and 1 sci and would wish to have the two tacs in the left and right backgrounds. What would be the slotting order, if there is any?

First and Last
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited June 2018

First and Last

Yep that is the order that comes to mind, unfortunately it does not set my boffs in the aimed positions. :/
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    The order they show on the loading screen is determined by the slot they are in on the Stations tab. Swap them around in there and you change the order on the loading screen.
    I've already tried that, and didn't work. Thanks anyway
    My experience is that it's your ground team. It arranges them randomly, but it's the 4 boffs you use for away missions.

See? I decided I wanted those 4 and set them as my Away team and they're on the login screen.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • ainstleyainstley Member Posts: 11 Arc User

One of my other characters regularly has a faceless boff on the select screen. And by faceless I mean they have teeth and eyes floating around under the hair but no actual face.

Yep ,,, Mirror Leeta always appears like that on my accounts. Just like those nightmare creating bugs in Assassins Creed Unity.

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    ainstley wrote: »

Yep ,,, Mirror Leeta always appears like that on my accounts. Just like those nightmare creating bugs in Assassins Creed Unity.
    Try swapping characters a few times. It seems like the game is choking when trying to load special costumes. But if you give it a few tries it works.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg