baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,245 Community Moderator
GrWzQke.png
Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
----> Contact Customer Support <----
Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    Love the Tyjara! I can't wait for my Jem to fly it!
  • carter60carter60 Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    i like the baseball outfits, any chance the caps can be used on duty unifomrs? and not off duty?
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    Ugh... another Vorgon ship.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • aliguanaaliguana Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    this is the nicest of the Vorgon ships, at least, if its the same model as the one in Vorgon Conclusions. Waiting on the stats though...
    LUKARI GUERILLA GARDENING MILITIA - Glowing fingers are Growing fingers!
  • jonbotone#2618 jonbotone Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    are we getting a baseball mini-game?
  • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    The holographic caracals look super pretty and I'm probably getting one.
    The Caitian Claws uniform is a much needed first step toward cat recognition in this world.
    Emotes are a welcome addition, assuming it isn't ALL baseball related.
    The new foods possibly mean a new tribble. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on a brand new Rum-infused Chewy Tribble!

Now, the bigger stuffs.

The Engineering module sounds cool, and if it's strong *Cough, Molten Terrain* and if it ends up being something that actually does ANYTHING in a fight, *Cough cough Hurricane Turret* I might look forward to using it.
    The Science mod sounds a bit on the weak side, since it looks like it'll just be an Incite Chaos but without the fun Chaos part, and the Tactical module sounds like every other one in the game: Deal lots of damage and make the other classes obsolete.

The new ship being a Dreadnought Cruiser means it'll have a hangar bay installed, and that either means it will just be a rehash of the Ryn'Kodan's frigates, or a new fighter pet. Either way, I hope (with futility) that the pets will be available for use on all ships, instead of just the boring Vorgon ships.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    nimbull wrote: »

Dude... free is free. I ain't complainin'.

I'm looking forward to the baseball uniforms and Emotes.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • thearkadythearkady Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Jem'Hadar. In speedos.

Risa's rep as a vacation destination will hit rock bottom.
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    aliguana wrote: »
    this is the nicest of the Vorgon ships, at least, if its the same model as the one in Vorgon Conclusions. Waiting on the stats though...
    Needing a shot which gave a better idea of its size, I saw fit to replay 'Temporal Reckoning'...

28158610827_492763262d_o.jpg

It seems a bit small to be considered a 'dreadnought'. And given the Xyfius' tactical bent and the Ryn'kodan's engineering flavor, I would be unsurprised if the Tyjara were focused on, shall we say, practical magic.
    Ugh indeed. It's long overdue that they bring back Risian ships, especially a T6 Corvette that has been asked for countless times. A true Pilot ship, the fastest thing in space, the legendary 'Vette.
    And the turn rate does interesting things when you add the polaric modulator and pilot spec...
    If it were up to me, the Corvette would be always available alongside whatever other ship they want to feature, with exclusivity provided by a new skin / parts each year that can only be obtained that year.
    This is a good idea; the only thing I would modify is to apply it to all the seasonal event ships. And the special skins should be dead easy to implement if you just implement them as vanity shields which only fit that particular ship.
  • tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    thearkady wrote: »
    Jem'Hadar. In speedos.

Hahahahahahahaha

I've been wondering about that myself. That could get VERY ugly... :)

Update: Okay, I checked. board shorts come as 'beachwear separates' only for JH, and they're forced to wear a tank top or simple shirt.​​
  • miirikmiirik Member Posts: 483 Arc User
    A little disappointed on the ship, we already have a tac vorgon ship and a engie vorgon ship, what would have been nice was a science vorgon ship, either science vessel, or even one of those new fangled scout ships, that would have been really neat.

Dreadnought cruiser feels uninspired.
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    rattler2 wrote: »

Dude... free is free. I ain't complainin'.

I'm looking forward to the baseball uniforms and Emotes.

I know it's a free ship but I'm still disappointed it's not a Risian ship. Just because it's free doesn't mean I can't "meh" it because it really feels "meh" worthy considering the sleek racer style of the Risian vette and the awesomeness of the luxury cruiser they could turn in to T6 versions.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,403 Arc User
    Its the Risa Summer event and instead of new swimsuits or summer themed outfits for a tropical island we get baseball uniforms? Really???? Why Cryptic, why in the name of the Nagus? Why? -_-
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User

Ugh indeed. It's long overdue that they bring back Risian ships, especially a T6 Corvette that has been asked for countless times. A true Pilot ship, the fastest thing in space, the legendary 'Vette.

If it were up to me, the Corvette would be always available alongside whatever other ship they want to feature, with exclusivity provided by a new skin / parts each year that can only be obtained that year. Personally, I'd be happy with just that, but I imagine they'd want to offer something different for those (fools) who don't care for it. But honestly, if you ask me it's all about the 'Vette!

The Risian Corvette is one of the coolest ships IMO, unfortunately now it's badly outdated. A T6 version with pilot abilities is a no brainer.

I'm ok with this year's ship though, since it means I can skip the floater grind and probably the whole Risa event as well.
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,450 Arc User
    YESSSS!!!!!!

BASEBALL HATS!!!!!!

Best.
    Event.
    Prise.
    EVER!!!!!!
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • kaggert27kaggert27 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    Because you need a Baseball cap to go with your swim suit....wait....we need more hats! Seriously, need more headwear!

But it is also a summer themed thing, maybe we can convince them for next year to do soccer gear. (and few emotes)

Other note is that we have always had summer themes for when an expansion/anniversary came out, Risa was basically mostly started TNG(the Horga'hn, giant on near guy on beach, digging up things event), so we didn't have anything from DS9 in it much to begin other than some stuff here and there(dance party, arguing trill/Klingon couple, hiking in the forest), We got themed TOS stuff one year (Gorn shirt, Orion girl, whatnot shirts). So this makes the most sense for DS9 as we already had DS9 themed things beforehand on Risa. I mean we have enough Tropical themed get ups from the years in-between.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    Hope we can use the hats with off duty costumes as well. :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User

If it were up to me, the Corvette would be always available alongside whatever other ship they want to feature, with exclusivity provided by a new skin / parts each year that can only be obtained that year. Personally, I'd be happy with just that, but I imagine they'd want to offer something different for those (fools) who don't care for it. But honestly, if you ask me it's all about the 'Vette!

Amen! Risian ships for Risian events!​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    I'm only disappointed that it's yet another engineering ship like the carrier from last year, I was really hoping for a science ship this time around so my tetryon sci could benefit from it. But all in all I was right about it being the Vorgon Cruiser which I predicted before the new set bonus was added to the consoles of the Vorgon ships. If it will be a dreadnought cruiser with a tactical secondary focus I can at least play around with it on my main toon for a while.
    I'm okay with baseball uniforms being added, but I would think it would be its own update, instead of during the summer event. I guess I'm okay with there being some DS9 integration, but I'd have liked to see some swimsuits, or water guns, or something more accessible.
  • bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    thearkady wrote: »
    Jem'Hadar. In speedos.

is truly outrageous.

Personally I think it will be fabulous.
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    Peoples' obsession with headwear baffles me.

Bit disappointed with this year's offerings overall but I'm always in the market for a new freebie T6 ship and Risa is always a treat to visit. Bring on the beaches!
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User

As I said in the announcement thread.

Please, please tell me Cryptic didn't do something stupid, like make the ball caps only wearable with the uniform. If so, tell me now, so that I won't waste any favors on getting them.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    The baseball uniforms reminds me of this moment in DS9:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYVSkOh3ZBM
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @disqord#9557 said:
    > I'm okay with baseball uniforms being added, but I would think it would be its own update, instead of during the summer event. I guess I'm okay with there being some DS9 integration, but I'd have liked to see some swimsuits, or water guns, or something more accessible.

More accessible? Non sequiter.

Poor choice of words. What I meant is that baseball uniforms are pretty niche, even moreso compared to swimsuits. I'll get a Caitian Claws uniform because it'll certainly look cool as heck, but I'm probably only going to wear it once in a blue moon because I don't play baseball, and because they just don't fit in with...well, everything else in the game. Compared to swimsuits and tropical wear, which are nearly universally enjoyable, and surprisingly fit in when going to the beach/picking out a casual outfit to wear when you don't want to be stuck in uniform all the time.

I chose the wrong word, but I still think my argument has some merit.
This discussion has been closed.