test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Key ring bundle without a sale? No thanks.

lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,407 Arc User
As the title says, they have always done a sale with the key ring bundle... Its so not worth it at full price... Anyone else feel the same?
1e3sni150tar.jpg

Comments

• meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    I feel like I'm tapped out, is what. :P Besides, upgraded *everything* I had Epic, last weekend. No need for keyrings any more.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I thought the keys in the bundle was cheaper than buying 20 keys without and that was the point of it.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    I was willing to spend some money on the game in light of the Vanguard pack and did that without any regret. They gave out something good and got something for good from me in return.

As for the key ring bundles I have to pass this time. With or without sale.

Reason is still the Dranur Colony holding with my goal to push the KDF base to max like I did with my Fed fleet the past months. It is fascinating how my willingness to insert an extra coin directly correlates to the level of fun I experience and black holing Dil into stupidity is not my kind of fun.

Here is to next year.
    Post edited by peterconnorfirst on
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    I wish they'd just have the bundle all the time, and put it on sale during key sales.
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    We have endured, good &/or bad, a quickened pace of inundation between all the recent sales & events it seems.

Many of the veteran players, or more savvy, know not to buy unless there's a sale, but perhaps with a possible influx of new STO players thanks to VIL Cryptic was wanting to take a little advantage.

I'm not participating, but somewhat smarter marketing.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    I thought the keys in the bundle was cheaper than buying 20 keys without and that was the point of it.

Yup, you've got it. The bundle is 2250 zen. Keys are 125 individually. The savings per key is 12.5 zen. This equivalent to the savings per key of the standard bundle of 10. But, for effectively buying two you get the gold mk 14 tech upgrade.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Yeah, no sale then no sale. You know what I mean! :D
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    Yeah, I would've bought one if it had a sale.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    "the sale price becomes the expected price"

- Page 169 of Contagious: Why Things Catch On, by Jonah Berger :D
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    lexusk19 wrote: »
    As the title says, they have always done a sale with the key ring bundle.
    This is not entirely true, the first time it ever came out it had no price off.

• salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    lexusk19 wrote: »
    As the title says, they have always done a sale with the key ring bundle... Its so not worth it at full price... Anyone else feel the same?
    "Always" eh? Every single time?
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • humblesheephumblesheep Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    Oh dear. I bought 10 of them. But it is satisfying crafting a Mk II weapon with (pen) and then using one of them.