test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A full landing party for Kobali Prime?

The Vaudwaar are supposed to be this ultimate fighting force. Why is it that when I'm battling them on Kobali Prime I feel like I have to fight them with one arm tied behind my back?

Could it be it's because I only am allowed two boffs to fight in a respawnable combat area?

That's madness. I end up having to fight six to eight of them at a time with just myself and two boffs. It's bad enough they pack a whallop wth weapons not even purple gear can slow down, but to have them be able to respawn without warning...no...I think we should change things to allow a full landing party.

Comments

• startrek6000startrek6000 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Bring down more bridge officers to a heavy ground fight? Who do you think we are, admirals or something? Oh wait, that's right...
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    whats the problem, OP? Kobali ir reasonably easy. at least you don't have those minibosses running around like the voth BZ has. all you have to do is keep your eyes ope, and use some tactics. you really don't have to kill everything.
    Spock.jpg

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I still hate playing on Kobali, I just get through it and get out as quickly as possible.

If you're doing something like Breaking The Wall or something... sure it's easy.. but if you're just running through the zone doing the quests it's easy to get overwhelmed and killed. The respawn rate still sucks, you can have new groups of enemies spawn right behind you right in the middle of a battle with another group.

Best thing I can suggest is that you just run straight for the quest objectives and try your best to avoid as many fights as possible. On my Jem'Hadar, I just didn't want to bother with it so I just sucked down some white for the speed boost.. hit the shroud and just charged for the objective.

You can fight them if you wish, they aren't terribly hard, just remember when you're fighting to push forward, don't back up. The spawns are totally borked and if you back up you'll spawn a 2nd group behind you. As long as you push forward, you'll be fine.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    I still hate playing on Kobali, I just get through it and get out as quickly as possible.

If you're doing something like Breaking The Wall or something... sure it's easy.. but if you're just running through the zone doing the quests it's easy to get overwhelmed and killed. The respawn rate still sucks, you can have new groups of enemies spawn right behind you right in the middle of a battle with another group.

Best thing I can suggest is that you just run straight for the quest objectives and try your best to avoid as many fights as possible. On my Jem'Hadar, I just didn't want to bother with it so I just sucked down some white for the speed boost.. hit the shroud and just charged for the objective.

You can fight them if you wish, they aren't terribly hard, just remember when you're fighting to push forward, don't back up. The spawns are totally borked and if you back up you'll spawn a 2nd group behind you. As long as you push forward, you'll be fine.

I myself dislike playing on Kobali Prime, although for different reasons, such as the rather uncomfortable decisions that we're forced to take during the storyline, aka the Vaadwaur stasis pods controversy, but that's another story...

Anyway, to go back to the OP's question, you first need to upgrade your gear to max, which will make your life substantially easier already. Also, bring along one Engi BOFF for the turrets/buffs and one Science BOFF for the heals.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    ashstorm1 wrote: »
    I myself dislike playing on Kobali Prime, although for different reasons, such as the rather uncomfortable decisions that we're forced to take during the storyline, aka the Vaadwaur stasis pods controversy, but that's another story...

Anyway, to go back to the OP's question, you first need to upgrade your gear to max, which will make your life substantially easier already. Also, bring along one Engi BOFF for the turrets/buffs and one Science BOFF for the heals.

Agreed, the story here is abysmal and you don't get any choice in the matter. I blast through it and ignore the story line.. being forced to take the side of the body snatchers isn't something that's ever sat well with me, so I just ignore it.

Max gear is hardly a requirement for Kobali though, Mark XII gear, a reasonable selection of BoFF powers, and some halfway descent tactics and you'll be just fine. Of course if max leveled gear is available to you.. by all means use it.

Insert witty signature line here.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Agreed. The spawn rate is abysmal, but it's not impossible. And if you can find someone to team with you it's even easier. Like was said, AoE cold and hyperonic radiation are a killer combo against them. Polaron weapons seem to do better against them too, at least for me.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Yeah, Kobali is balanced on the assumption there will always be multiple players. It's stupid hard if you solo it.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    I've never had any particular problems with the spawn rate on Kobalistan.
    Me neither. It's just as Easy Mode as all standard content.
  • usskentuckyusskentucky Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    This isn’t too hard. Get a Boolean cannon, phasic shroud, and the nakuhl 2 pc. Fill out the rest of your modules with stuff that cools down in 15-20 seconds. Put as many traits and skills as possible into kit performance. Set your entire skill tray to a macro that toggles with one key. Press the key and walk around.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    OP, it's an adventure zone. Team up with someone. That's the whole point of it.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    I agree, the Kobali battlezone needs the enemy spawn rate slowed down just a hair. You polish off one group, and just as you start on the next, the first respawns. Not even the Voth BZ has that fast of a spawn rate. Sure the Voth BZ has mini bosses, but they are far enough away from the others to not cause the entire BZ to come down on you like the finger of Q.

I also ran into some issues where an entire group of Vadwaar spawned in and each one was giving each other immunities so you couldn't damage any of them. I even took friends of mine down to witness it and even they said they quit after seeing that. Kobali zone probably has always been borked since Delta failed and I seriously doubt the devs will ever take another look at it again.
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    I dunno... I never really had any problem fighting the Vaudwaur with only Mk XII gear and 2 boffs.
  • moggiecanadamoggiecanada Member Posts: 61 Arc User

Haven't been to Defera or the Voth BZ have you?

I've been to Defera and you're right, Defera has the same issues.

whats the problem, OP? Kobali ir reasonably easy. at least you don't have those minibosses running around like the voth BZ has. all you have to do is keep your eyes ope, and use some tactics. you really don't have to kill everything.

With respect, I am using tactics. I hardly kill anything except what is in the designated assignment area. I use stealth and motion acceleration a lot to circumvent some groups.

The problem is some will spawn in behind me without warning. This implies another player was here before me and removed a mob. This can change the dynamics of the situation very quickly and when this happened in epsodes, it's pretty easy to compensate with four boffs on the ground. Two is not so easy, even with onethat has a threat redirect to take the heat off me for a moment to respond.

jaguarskx wrote: »
    I dunno... I never really had any problem fighting the Vaudwaur with only Mk XII gear and 2 boffs.

What type of XIIs are you using? I wouldn't mind tips on what weapons the Vaudwarr are vulnerable to. I noticed the Vaudwarr can remove personal shields pretty quickly so I keep a stack of large shield recharges in my tray just in case.
    OP, it's an adventure zone. Team up with someone. That's the whole point of it.

I haven't seen a lot of players in the instance I'm in. I will change the instance to something closer to #1 and ask someone if they wouldn't mind teaming with me, or at least offering me tips.

• postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    The initial couple of areas, I think they fall into parts 1&2, are easily the worst since cryptic somewhat arrogantly assumed that the zone would always have a full number of players within close proximity to each other and did the spawn rates to suit. Last section doesn't suffer as much from this as folk will run it for the quick and easy iconian and delta tokens.

The assumption is the same one that plagues the goncra BZ.

They also seem to have larger than normal or more linked aggro radius which again makes things slow going.

Good news is you can skip the hell hole unless you want the tokens and/or gear from missions and being ground doing so has no impact on levelling ship mastery or general levelling since xp for kills is pretty much nonexistant.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User

Which issues are you having on defera? In my experience, borg are incredibly weak and are routinely one shot.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    The only issue on Defera is the mission stations randomly getting stuck.
    edited June 2018
    > @moggiecanada said:
    > azrael605 wrote: »
    >
    > Haven't been to Defera or the Voth BZ have you?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I've been to Defera and you're right, Defera has the same issues.

See you misunderstood my point entirely. I was pointing out that Kobalistan's spawn rates are exactly the same as Defera, and Nukara, and it is not a "problem". I spend hours in all of them without ever dying. In the Voth BZ I like to solo the v-rexs. In point of fact I like to aggro as big a crowd as I possibly can. If you follow my tips, you'll be an unstopable juggernaught of death in any of those zones.

I've taken a look at your tips. I was using engineering bridge officers with drones and mortars with a med generator. The shield generator was not as effective since the Vaudwaar have the ability to immediately remove shields. My trio has purple XII armor and weaponry. I just updated my own weapon to XIII.

I discovered that out-DPSing the Vaudwaar with a trio of tactical officers loaded with hypos and shield rechargers got me a lot farther into the terrority. This allowed me to finish them before they took out my personal shields, but the respawn from behind issue was still finishing me off.

I honestly didn't want to spend too much time in that storyline and wanted to get to the Iconian storyline so I finally dropped the Act II part. I'll come back to it again when I have better armor and gear. Let's see how they can handle Mark XV firepower.

Which issues are you having on defera? In my experience, borg are incredibly weak and are routinely one shot.

Aide from the respawning mobs, the weapon remodulation time of ten seconds is slowing me down, however I did find that Borg cannot adapt to being stabbed or clubbed by boffs carrying melee weapons. I have a purple Jem'Hadar boff with purple XII armor and a melee weapon with Draw Fire to take the focus off me.

• trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    I just did this not long ago on a fresh character. Meaning, I was still gearing them. So i had a range of gear from Mk VIII - XII on them. A mix of Uncommon to VR as well.

The only problem I ran into was Kobali Crisis, Act II: Hidden Assault, wouldn't kick over so I could investigate the dead that I need to, to progress it.

Other than that. it was a cake walk. Even doing the found missions and such as I went for something to do.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    MK XII purple gear - from drops - should be more than sufficient to handle Kobali ground if you're above level 50.

You may want to reconsider your ground traits. Also, I've generally found that it's more important to kill quickly than it is to have high health/shields. You may want to reconsider where your points are allotted. If you're put a lot into survival and not enough into damage, it may be taking too long to kill things allowing time for stuff to respawn.

Also, what traits do your boffs have? Are you sure you're getting the "syngergy" between their traits and what you've equipped them with and their career? Tovan Khev does a lot more with a plasma weapon than another weapon type. An Alien with Superior Soldier and Superior Creative will do a lot more than one with astrophysicist.

Finally, stand and shoot doesn't work. I find that moving and circling enemies to flank them is more effective to kill quickly, as well as make it harder for them to flank me.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User

Aide from the respawning mobs, the weapon remodulation time of ten seconds is slowing me down, however I did find that Borg cannot adapt to being stabbed or clubbed by boffs carrying melee weapons. I have a purple Jem'Hadar boff with purple XII armor and a melee weapon with Draw Fire to take the focus off me.

Umm Defera doesn't allow for Boffs. You can't use them here. So, if you are, then it's a bug. Just like Nukara, no boffs. New Rom allows for 1 boff.

New Rom, Kobali, Dyson allow for boffs.. because people can't be bothered to make teams for such things any more.

On Defera the hards actually require a team of three. So to do those, requires that you team up with at least two other people.
    Mm5NeXy.gif