test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Screen imprints on some materials or shadows...

My card is an old NVidia GTX 460. I'm including pics and a short video to demonstrate the problem.
I never had such problems before the game expansion, and i wonder if it's from the game or my card.

https://imgur.com/a/xK3Bm89

http://tinypic.com/r/209qext/9
View My Video

Sorry about the upside down in the video.

Comments

• sharrashimadasharrashimada Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    I can confirm, thats an issue. I do not know since when, because i did not play for a while prior to the current expansion.
    It happens only on ground missions, and heavily on bright ground. But i recognized, it stops somewhere half of the screens hight. Never recognized it above that... And it looks like prior data has not been cleaned from the memory.

Ah yes, and Nvidia GTS 450 here, if that matters.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I see this, too. I see it mostly on reflective surfaces....like the glass and tiles on ESD and on the water at Risa. Things like that.

I hardly notice it on First City or Ganalda Station. I can not remember if anything does that on the FED's Fleet Starbase, even though that has a lot of glass, too. But then, I don't GO to the Fed side Fleet Starbase often.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • dargalanddargaland Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Have the same issue. Seems to happens in the really dark areas...which means everywhere in the new missions. Tried changing graphics settings but nothing helps.
  • choulee#3771 choulee Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Thank you all guys very much for the information. I was afraid my card was the problem.
  • phrgphrg Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    Experiencing the same issue and it's damnably annoying. Played "What Lies Beneath", which is pretty dark graphically, shortly before Gamma landed and had no issues.
  • phenomenaut01phenomenaut01 Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    Came back for this expansion, and I discovered that I'm suffering from this issue as well. Just as the image shows. Nothing's changed on my end since I played a few months ago, so it has to be something new.