test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Laaaaaaaggggggggg..... Lots of laaaaaggggggggg

jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
At least that's the case in the Voth BZ.....

Comments

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Were you the one asking about rubber banding in zone?

None of the rest of us seem to be having the issue.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Nope that was not me. The last time I used chat was back in 2015.
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    *Stands up*

My name is Nimbull and...

*Stands up*

My name is Nimbull and...

*Stands up*

My name is Nimbull and and... I have a very weird feeling of deja vu once in a while.

In all seriousness it has happened to me recently though I think it was confined to the new DS9 when it initially came out. That's why I hope they reduce the junk NPCs in there to have less things to cause issues.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I would really love to know what causes stuff like this, because I was in the same zone at the same time and was smooth as silk.

I want to be clear, I am not calling the OP a liar or saying he did anything wrong. He says there was lag.. there was lag.. what I want to know is why? If it's as simple as a connection between user and client, then ok.. but if it's caused by something else it would be nice if Cryptic could nail it down.

I am not going to assume that because i wasn't having the problem that the problem didn't exist, it obviously did. Question is..why? I normally get a very smooth connection to STO even when playing on my laptop tethered to my iPhone on LTE. Other people though, get constant lag.. it's very odd.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    since this gets into potential bug discussion territory we don't allow bug reporting in GenDisc because it prevents the devs from seeing it in a timely manor and getting out a potential fix. there's a ton of different reasons that can cause lag and by posting in the bug reporting area the devs will see it better and can offer potential help faster. /closed
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.