test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why are most of Future Proof's missions unskippable?

avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
I don't understand if this is an intended feature or not but all of Future Proof's missions are unskippable except for the first mission Sunrise.

I really don't like being forced to do these missions on every toon especially when there's mission rewards in the later arcs which I want to get instead, but the one mission I really find too long and tedious is Ragnarok and I never want to do that one again.

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I agree. I tried the same thing: skip button to access some gear from missions further down the line for my Delta Recruit to use. It ain't happening. LOL!
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    I thought it was a bug.
    There definitely needs to be a skip option.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    Dude if you don't complete the path you break the future i could go into depth about the many paradoxs that comes with it but i am not going to lecture you on temporal mechanics otherwise we would be here all yesterday.
    jade1280 wrote: »
    Dude if you don't complete the path you break the future i could go into depth about the many paradoxs that comes with it but i am not going to lecture you on temporal mechanics otherwise we would be here all yesterday.

LOL! I swear they need to add a "like" button in this forum. this one is good. :)

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    But I already completed it on my main toon, there's no reason why I need to on all of them. :tongue:

• postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    If daniels made it optional he'd have crey constantly badgering him about the status of the timeline.
    Well, I guess, with a Delta Recruit....being stuck in a time loop would be normal.

Did they do this just to lock a lower level player from accessing "sets" they are giving out further down the mission path? Seems odd. I wonder if everything will unlock when the Jem'hadar comes out...since they go straight to Level 60.

Eh, at least, reading all the stuff about the Iconians over again....maybe I will want to do the actual Iconian part of the story arc to see what they did with it. I can't imagine I will find it that interesting if I skipped it as it was going live, though. LOL!

• smooshy#7462 smooshy Member Posts: 233 Arc User

I believe the correct grammar is "we will have been going to be here all yesterday." But, yeah, we need to be able to skip these.
  • mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    That's not the only weird thing that's not skippable.

In the Delta Quadrant arc, you absolutely cannot skip the first part of Kobali ground, and if you start it, then drop it hoping to skip, all DQ and Idiot.... I mean Iconian War missions are greyed out and unable to be done.

My Temporal Character experienced this. I started the first part of Kobali ground, hated it at about the point you had to listen into Vaudwaar communication devices so I dropped it and tried to skip. Now I can't pick up any new objectives on Kobali ground and worse, every mission until Sunrise after that point is greyed out. That's a lot of episodes and stuff she missed out on.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Apparently we got a fix for the issue in one of the previous patches: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10918643

"Resolved an issue which made it so players could not always skip to higher story arcs even when at the appropriate level."

However it would appear that the issue still persists:

3UHhsjC.png

Post edited by avoozuul on
  • tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    When Victory is Life was released, I created two new characters.
    Neither of them was able to skip the Future Proof episodes, being required to play through all of them to get to the ones I actually wanted to play.

With their temporal distortion game mechanics, the Na'kuhl are so annoying, that's why I wanted to skip over any episode where they appear!

So yes, I am also recommending that we be allowed to skip any and all episodes in the Future Proof storyline.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    patrickngo wrote: »
    avoozuul wrote: »
    But I already completed it on my main toon, there's no reason why I need to on all of them. :tongue:

it's because Daniels needs everyone, multiple times it seems, to deal with the same crises, over and over and over. it's almost as if they need so many, because they're trying to impose their future on multiple timelines simultaneously.

and you mustn't say 'no', absolutely not, it can't be passed to the next guy until you've done your bit for the greater glory of The One True Timeline.

lo, no other future can be allowed to exist, even in a parallel timeframe, it must all conform or...something.

All timelines must be bent to conform to the one that originated Pope Daniels, however possible, whenever possible. it's almost as if you're fighting a multiversal war of conquest-a subtle conquest, to guarantee that every vulnerable stream of events in parallel to the one that spawned THIS one, is forced to conform by natives of the one you're being drawn from, to insure that no other possible outcome can triumph? perhaps.

but here in the realm outside the story, you can't skip it on any character because it was designed to be that way.

The writing is about as bad as Matt Ward's stuff for Warhammer 40k, or Stephanie Meyer's Twilight series.
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    qcmgj.jpg
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    > @starswordc said:
    > jade1280 wrote: »
    >
    > Dude if you don't complete the path you break the future i could go into depth about the many paradoxs that comes with it but i am not going to lecture you on temporal mechanics otherwise we would be here all yesterday.

YES YES YES!
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    The future hasn't been written yet as far as were concerned. the only reason we have to save the timeline is when it affects our past.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    gradii wrote: »
    The future hasn't been written yet as far as were concerned. the only reason we have to save the timeline is when it affects our past.

Oh, it's been written. Klingon Empire ceases to be and bends the knee to the Federation, for example. Daniels popping in from the future, and telling us to go do X, to keep his future "secure," while causing even more problems.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    Just proof that the future is set in stone. The Temporal Tyrants will make sure it is.

(Daniels is said to have had a statue erected somewhere in the Ideal Future to make it literally the case.)
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    In all seriousness though: I agree that they should be made skippable.

It's pretty annoying when you want, for instance, the Nausicaan disruptor set from Echoes of Light and you first have to play an entire other arc before you can get there.

Same for the Temporal arc that was placed before the Nimbus one. I strongly dislike most of those temporal episodes, not least because we're forced to clean up the mess that the temporal agents themselves created.

It's just like with the Kobali: if you're going to force players to do an episode, then at least give us an option not to side with the bad guys. Especially when the excuses for our characters doing so, are pretty lame. If not plain wrong - as in the case of Captain 'I don't understand the Prime Directive' Dralia.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    +1, If it's been played at least once on the account, it should be skippable. I bit off topic, but episode cutscenes should all be skippable too.
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • jrdobbsjr#3264 jrdobbsjr Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    > @fleetcaptain5#1134 said:
    > In all seriousness though: I agree that they should be made skippable.
    >
    > It's pretty annoying when you want, for instance, the Nausicaan disruptor set from Echoes of Light and you first have to play an entire other arc before you can get there.
    >
    > Same for the Temporal arc that was placed before the Nimbus one. I strongly dislike most of those temporal episodes, not least because we're forced to clean up the mess that the temporal agents themselves created.
    >
    > It's just like with the Kobali: if you're going to force players to do an episode, then at least give us an option not to side with the bad guys. Especially when the excuses for our characters doing so, are pretty lame. If not plain wrong - as in the case of Captain 'I don't understand the Prime Directive' Dralia.

Personally, I'm surprised the folks who hate the Federation haven't seen the real reason the Feds take the Kobali side.....because the Feds had chosen the Kobali to be part of its stable of proxies to fight the Iconian's proxy, the Varduaar. As the Kobali policy of holding onto the sleepers so they could harvest the sleeping Varduaar once the entirely preventable pod failure they let happen killed them was morally abhorrent, they had to hide winking at mass murder.....and helping override the stated desire of Varduaar combatants to not have their bodies desecrated by Kobalification.....behind the Prime Directive.

If those had been Humans, ect from a sleeper ship the Kobali were victimizing a Fed toon and Kim would have told Dralia to pound sand and liberated the sleepers by force.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    > @fleetcaptain5#1134 said:
    > In all seriousness though: I agree that they should be made skippable.
    >
    > It's pretty annoying when you want, for instance, the Nausicaan disruptor set from Echoes of Light and you first have to play an entire other arc before you can get there.
    >
    > Same for the Temporal arc that was placed before the Nimbus one. I strongly dislike most of those temporal episodes, not least because we're forced to clean up the mess that the temporal agents themselves created.
    >
    > It's just like with the Kobali: if you're going to force players to do an episode, then at least give us an option not to side with the bad guys. Especially when the excuses for our characters doing so, are pretty lame. If not plain wrong - as in the case of Captain 'I don't understand the Prime Directive' Dralia.

Personally, I'm surprised the folks who hate the Federation haven't seen the real reason the Feds take the Kobali side.....because the Feds had chosen the Kobali to be part of its stable of proxies to fight the Iconian's proxy, the Varduaar. As the Kobali policy of holding onto the sleepers so they could harvest the sleeping Varduaar once the entirely preventable pod failure they let happen killed them was morally abhorrent, they had to hide winking at mass murder.....and helping override the stated desire of Varduaar combatants to not have their bodies desecrated by Kobalification.....behind the Prime Directive.

If those had been Humans, ect from a sleeper ship the Kobali were victimizing a Fed toon and Kim would have told Dralia to pound sand and liberated the sleepers by force.
    you skipped a step in your reasonings. If we had live Vaadwuar what would we do with them?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    patrickngo wrote: »
    I kinda suspect a lot of the "Temporal Liberation Front" are probably survivors of some Genocide or other that worked in favour of the Federation ruling all of known space,
    Did you even play the game? We know where several of them came from.

Noye's Krenim sub-faction is unhappy about how the Iconians tried to wipe them out.

Mirror Leeta was basically bribed into joining by a benefactor from the future.

The Tuterians somehow know time travel is the cause for them being outside space time, but not the specifics.

And well, we saw what happened to the Na'kuhl.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Actually.... if we HAD used time travel to kill the Iconians it's entirely possible the entire Alliance would never have come to exist at all because none of the races was an interstellar power.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing