test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rubber Banding problem

Okay I've checked my internet connect that is fine, but I've found I have been rubber banding a ton the last few days and it has to be something wrong with Cryptics end, are there any plans to fix this. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Comments

• starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    > @lordgyor said:
    > Okay I've checked my internet connect that is fine, but I've found I have been rubber banding a ton the last few days and it has to be something wrong with Cryptics end, are there any plans to fix this. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Yeah, I had it once or twice, too. I suspect the server is struggling a little because of the extra player load from the VIL launch.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    > @starswordc said:
    > > @lordgyor said:
    > > Okay I've checked my internet connect that is fine, but I've found I have been rubber banding a ton the last few days and it has to be something wrong with Cryptics end, are there any plans to fix this. Is anyone else experiencing this?
    >
    > Yeah, I had it once or twice, too. I suspect the server is struggling a little because of the extra player load from the VIL launch.

Hopefully they do something about that, its getting virtually unplayable.
  • jelly0jelly0 Member Posts: 560 Arc User
    If you are having issues have you tried using one of the proxy connections provided by Cryptic that are available in the Options section of the Launcher.

Today at 6pm I started having a nightmare which included the following.

Launcher was Loading for about 20-30s before it would let me enter my password.
    ~10s to load a different character on the character select screen.
    100% loaded and can hear the environment but was stuck on 100% for about 10s.
    Another 10-20s after getting in before npc's would move and chat would activate for me to use

I used their Proxy for EU and now launcher is ready for password as soon as it loads, I can enter on a new character after clicking it in 1s or less, I get straight into game and everything is back to normal.

Give them a try and see how you get on.