test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are there any new VR or UR DOFF's released with ViL?

indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
I have not seen any new dominion Doffs yet. Are there some available that have not hit the exchange yet?

Comments

• phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    indyshark wrote: »
    I have not seen any new dominion Doffs yet. Are there some available that have not hit the exchange yet?

There is a pack of gamma doffs you get at some point (level 65? I forget) that usually includes one or two Jem'Hadar, a Vorta, and a Cardassian or two. The Vorta have the telekinetic trait needed to complete all those telekinetic doff missions that sit around which is nice.

That free pack and the doffs from it are all bound to character so those will never be on the exchange. I have no idea if the gamma doffs from the zstore stuff are bound like that too or not.
  • r0m#7631 r0m Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited June 2018

There is a pack of gamma doffs you get at some point (level 65? I forget) that usually includes one or two Jem'Hadar, a Vorta, and a Cardassian or two. The Vorta have the telekinetic trait needed to complete all those telekinetic doff missions that sit around which is nice.

The pack is rewarded at lvl 64 and always yields the same three Doffs depending on which faction you're in.

Purple Cardie, Blue Jem and Horta.

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Special_Requisition_Pack_-_Gamma_Quadrant_Duty_Officers

note: edited to add link
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    r0m#7631 wrote: »

The pack is rewarded at lvl 64 and always yields the same three Doffs depending on which faction you're in.

Purple Cardie, Blue Jem and Horta.

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Special_Requisition_Pack_-_Gamma_Quadrant_Duty_Officers

note: edited to add link

It is always those same three? I could have gotten it mixed up with some other free doff pack (like the one that came with the Rhode Island Refit offer) I suppose, it is difficult to keep multiple captains straight when scrambling with updates and stuff sometimes. I could have sworn I had a Vorta doff on more than one non Jem'Hadar character though. Maybe there was doff pack with the Scorpion too perhaps?

Edit: I just got the level 64 doff pack on my Romulan engineer, and it DOES have a Vorta telekinetic in it like I said earlier, in this case Hevahis, a blue diplomat. The other two were a purple Cardassian female (Jalet Khod, a grav sci) and a blue Jem'Hadar named Naka'Gada (Energy wpn officer).
    Post edited by phoenixc#0738 on
  • iamjmphiamjmph Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    some of the gamma rewards give you doffs, r&d(i think) and commendation, i think you get 5 VR at 15 r&d and 10 VR at 3x Rank 3 commendations. And i think you get an epic at 6x rank 4...maybe ur at 4x rank 4 but i cant remember.

Not sure if you get jem or vorta from those though... and if you are kdf you get 5 FED RSLs for one of the rewards... but they aren't locked so you can sell those.
  • reiklingraiderreiklingraider Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    I haven't seen many new dominion doffs yet but you can get Vorta prisoners from a doff mission, My KDF main has one vr and four rare Vorta prisoners.
  • bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User
    They are advertising that gamma doff pack which makes it seem like they are new doffs, but apparently this pack has been in the game for quite some time.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    They are advertising that gamma doff pack which makes it seem like they are new doffs, but apparently this pack has been in the game for quite some time.

True but with the thing already existing there isn't much of a reason to create another gamma quadrant pack (besides simply wanting new things.)

I'll add that Karemman, Paradan, (FED), Dosi, and Wadi (KDF) officers are also available once you complete the 4-part assignment chain found around the DS9 in the sector block. Make sure you check your DOFF department heads for the assignments (they won't all appear in the primary list.)
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Assignment:_Officer_Exchange_Program
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!