test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Announcing the DS9 Lock Box!

124»

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Does anyone have a list of the Holo-boff stats? Realistically the only aspects that matter are traits and scie/eng/tac, but I've yet to see a list of it.

the boff list is:
    Holographic James Kurland
    Holographic Loriss(mine is tac)
    Holographic Quark
    Holographic Sarish Minna(mine is tac)
    Holographic Weyoun
    Holographic Rom
    Holographic Dukan’Rex
    Holographic Leck
    Holographic Nog

there's 9 so I'm guessing 3 of each.

Also it amuses me that Kurland and Sarish can be used on KDF characters and they'll still wear their Fed uniform. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    tyler002 wrote: »
    valoreah wrote: »
    Totally getting the Holo-Kurland so I can equip him with no gear or weapons whatsoever and watch him die repeatedly.

....that sounds more like of a weyoun move

and on that note, this essentially means that you can in fact have a vorta boff on a jem character, which doesn't even remotely make sense

so remind me again why no vorta were included because it didn't make sense?

They're holograms, not Vorta.

The Dominion is a rigid cast system with a lot of emphasis on appearances so it does not matter if they are holographic or real, the very IDEA is anathema as far as the Dominion is concerned.

neos472 wrote: »
    after seeing a bug that made Earun the most courageous vorta in history I love that Weyoun and Loriss are holo boffs for this box

This is one of the subtle things that made DS9 so interesting, especially after the Dominion, the masters of misdirection, came on the scene.

If you take a good look at the show the Vorta talk (ad nauseum at times) about being timid, and cringe for effect a lot when others are around, but in the end they seem to function in a crisis just fine. They are the real Dominion warriors but they do it in a very sneaky way, spies and saboteurs that use the ruckus generated by the throwaway biological-droid horneytoads to cover their actions.

It is just like Vorta claim they could never fight because they do not see well enough but they are not the only race in Trek that depends on other senses (like sophisticated passive sonar or psionics) more than eyesight. For that matter the Aenar have no problems (and are even a playable race) and they are totally blind which makes the Vorta weak eyesight (which is compensated for by their hearing) a non-issue.

The current ViL setup with Jem'Hadar in command makes no sense whatsoever in canon, it would be like putting the tiger in charge in Beast Master instead of Dar, or having the "roger-roger" droids commanding capital ships in Star Wars and having human underlings.

I was so hoping that when they got around to doing the Dominion that they would have the Vorta as the first true wrangler class in the game. I am not sure how the algorithms are set up, but guessing from how the character traits seem to work it should not be too difficult to give them a slight handicap to shooting while at the same time buff up their boff handling in various ways (I have a Starfleet medical (science) captain who kind of functions that way as much as I could set it up with kit modules and it is a viable build as well as a nice change of pace). For a personal defense for those "alone" scenarios they could even have enhanced telekinesis considering Vorta TK was shown before the Dominion covered it up (it would be a good secret advantage for a spy/saboteur type and not something opponents would prepare for normally unless they knew about it ahead of time).
    I guess no one liked my USS Yeager suggestion?

No, I agree totally. The Yeager is one of the few ships I would even consider paying cash for with the very tight budget I have. It is one of the "kitbash fleet" ships that actually makes sense since it uses a civilian armored freighter hull as a secondary hull which actually widens the supply (and explains why they made so many of them instead of being an oddball one-off like most of the others).
    tyler002 wrote: »
    valoreah wrote: »
    Totally getting the Holo-Kurland so I can equip him with no gear or weapons whatsoever and watch him die repeatedly.

....that sounds more like of a weyoun move

and on that note, this essentially means that you can in fact have a vorta boff on a jem character, which doesn't even remotely make sense

so remind me again why no vorta were included because it didn't make sense?

They're holograms, not Vorta.

The Dominion is a rigid cast system with a lot of emphasis on appearances so it does not matter if they are holographic or real, the very IDEA is anathema as far as the Dominion is concerned.
    And yet, my Jem'hadar has flesh and blood Vorta as Doffs...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    Does anyone have a list of the Holo-boff stats? Realistically the only aspects that matter are traits and scie/eng/tac, but I've yet to see a list of it.

Kurland is an Engineer with Command Spec. His traits are Leadership, Superior Photonic Lifeform (which I assume they all have), Veteran (to self and team: +20 damage resistance, +20 Dodge, +20 Avoidance), and Superior Teamwork.

The Veteran trait is the nice bit. It's bonus stacks with the Omega Force set bonus. Romulans get access to an engineer (D'vex) with Basic Veteran (+15 vs +20). I don't know if multiple Veteran traits stack.

• nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    redvenge wrote: »

Kurland is an Engineer with Command Spec. His traits are Leadership, Superior Photonic Lifeform (which I assume they all have), Veteran (to self and team: +20 damage resistance, +20 Dodge, +20 Avoidance), and Superior Teamwork.

The Veteran trait is the nice bit. It's bonus stacks with the Omega Force set bonus. Romulans get access to an engineer (D'vex) with Basic Veteran (+15 vs +20). I don't know if multiple Veteran traits stack.

I've heard/read that the (3) with Space Traits are: Weyoun, Nog, & Lek. Otherwise I'm sure sites like sto.gamepedia.com will eventually have all (7) of them listed. These DS9 Lock Box Holo BOFFs sure have skyrocketed in price on the Exchange.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Leadership on kurland, the officer most likely to cause a mutiny.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Everyone is always picking on Kurland for 'Boldly they Rode, when Captain Paris is far worse in 'Delta Flight' as you try to navigate the rings. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • nebfabnebfab Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Everyone is always picking on Kurland for 'Boldly they Rode, when Captain Paris is far worse in 'Delta Flight' as you try to navigate the rings. ;)
    Paris doesn't repeat the same 2 phrases over and over.

Sela and Kagran in "Midnight" are worse than either. You can't click through most of their bickering, and you can't do anything until they finish...
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    If you don't make a ring in time Paris will repeat the same phrase each time forcing you to clear the dialog before moving on.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Don't think I've ever missed a ring in that mission.

The only annoyance is the pregnant pauses between different characters chatter dialogue coming through which is a problem that runs through most of the game.
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    > @markhawkman said:
    > phoenixc#0738 wrote: »
    >
    > tyler002 wrote: »
    >
    > lazarus51166 wrote: »
    >
    > valoreah wrote: »
    >
    > Totally getting the Holo-Kurland so I can equip him with no gear or weapons whatsoever and watch him die repeatedly.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > ....that sounds more like of a weyoun move
    >
    > and on that note, this essentially means that you can in fact have a vorta boff on a jem character, which doesn't even remotely make sense
    >
    > so remind me again why no vorta were included because it didn't make sense?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > They're holograms, not Vorta.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The Dominion is a rigid cast system with a lot of emphasis on appearances so it does not matter if they are holographic or real, the very IDEA is anathema as far as the Dominion is concerned.
    >
    >
    >
    > And yet, my Jem'hadar has flesh and blood Vorta as Doffs...

Mine too. Not all Vorta are bred for Command, some are bred for other functions, like Engineers, Scientists, Spies and so on, which would not out rank a Jem'hadar First, besides which if a Founder desides a Vorta serves under a Jem'hadar or Van'hadar it is not the place of the Founders wisdom in this.

There is a difference between Vorta Adminstators and other types of Vorta like the Vorta scientists and facilitators.

I mean we've had a First vaporize his Vorta for questioning his Loyalty, so the hierarchy isn't completely immobile.
    another way to look at it is a role based caste system. IE different races have different functions in society.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing