test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A Fond Farewell to the Shield of Tomorrow

I'm sure later this will be posted under the Galactic News Network tab as well, but I thought this was pretty awesome of Cryptic to do & recognize so here's a link from the launcher. I had seen it a few times, but wasn't a regular viewer of this enjoyable creation.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10922223

Comments

• zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    ...the link to the Forum Discussion page is not working.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10922223-a-fond-farewell-to-the-shield-of-tomorrow

I really want to get that U.S.S. Sally Ride Admiralty Card. :smiley:
    6b077ea89acefa55a815c79a62117bff1528491060.png

If anyone finds the proper Forum page please post it below.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    My only question,will the Sally Ride be an account unlock?​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    bloodyriz wrote: »
    My only question,will the Sally Ride be an account unlock?​​

Ah, good question, will we have to find it per character or once for account? Hopefully that question will be addressed when they release the official info. on the Galactic News Network.
  • daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    Given that it's an episode spoiler, I'd imagine it's a time limited promo item at or near the end of the ViL arc. I'm not that far in it yet, but it seems likely.
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    nommo#5819 wrote: »
    bloodyriz wrote: »
    My only question,will the Sally Ride be an account unlock?

Ah, good question, will we have to find it per character or once for account? Hopefully that question will be addressed when they release the official info. on the Galactic News Network.

Yeah, and for us ALTaholics, I do hope it is an account unlock.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    daqhegh wrote: »
    Given that it's an episode spoiler, I'd imagine it's a time limited promo item at or near the end of the ViL arc. I'm not that far in it yet, but it seems likely.

Its location is a spoiler for Shield of Tomorrow (which takes place in the 2370's), not STO (2410).
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
    daqhegh wrote: »

Yeah I think this is just Cryptic recognizing & respecting this group for putting on these Star Trek episodes over time. I doubt it has anything to do with current episodes/missions. I don't mind giving Cryptic criticism when they deserve it, but overall this is a nice little gesture to honor a group that has contributed something positive to the Star Trek community like it or not I guess. This type of contribution reminds me of some individuals & Fleets in STO that perform similar community services like giving nice items away to others, having contests with prizes, creating community helping channels, & such. As it stated in the link it even, at least, partially inspired the Cryptic people to perform their streamed board gaming. It's not really my cup of tea, but I've viewed a couple of their YouTube episodes & I've viewed a couple of Cryptic's board gaming streaming too. Besides we can all probably use a nice Sci Admiralty ship card & the name of the ship is awesome too.
  • lapprenticellapprenticel Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    According to a recent news article there's yet another free admiralty science ship on offer: https://arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10922223.

According to the article the ship is in sector space, yet I've seen one thread suggesting it may be a ViL arc unlock which directly contradicts the news article. Assuming it is in fact somewhere in sector space, will it be the Alpha Quadrant, Beta Quadrant, or the new Gamma Quadrant area? I've yet to explore through the wormhole so don't know if there's actually sector space there.

Will be another 24 hours or so 'til it unlocks but if anyone finds its location post here so those of us who haven't yet stumbled over it can find it. :)
  • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    Starting July 13th.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I know we have been part of quite a bit of Temporal Shenanigans, but it is still June. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Spoiling the location would be lame anyway.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    Spoiling the location would be lame anyway.
    Aye it's suppose to be a "mystery" that you discover not something told to you right away.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    Yeah, no more temporal shenanigans, it's another month before it's supposed to show.

Anyway, as soon as someone finds it, the location will be broadcast all over chat. Unless the thing switches locations periodically.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Per the blog: the location of the Sally Ride in STO would be a spoiler for the final episodes of Shield of Tomorrow. That one person posting about Victory is Life was simply mistaken about what kind of spoilers the blog was referring to (ie. the expansion, not the show.)

The Sally Ride's location has not been hinted in any form and neither have any specifics about the release been given. The blog post is all we have. If you want to get "in the know" for where it may be prior to the promo, watch the final episodes of Shield of Tomorrow.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I have never even heard of this show.. I just want the card.

I'll wait for it to be broadcast, then I'll go collect it.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • f9thretxcf9thretxc Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    Sally Ride? Shoot, I'm still looking for Sulu!
    My mother always told me to walk away from a fight, The Marines taught me how.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    f9thretxc wrote: »

Still waiting for the Devs to ask John Cho to do the VO for the 25th Century Sulu on ESD.
    260px-Akira_Sulu.png
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • f9thretxcf9thretxc Member Posts: 505 Arc User

Still waiting for the Devs to ask John Cho to do the VO for the 25th Century Sulu on ESD.
    260px-Akira_Sulu.png

260px-Akira_Sulu.png

Shoot, that would be awesome!
    My mother always told me to walk away from a fight, The Marines taught me how.
  • lapprenticellapprenticel Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    Oops! Misread that - thought it was the 13th June. And if it is an entire month away we'll need a reminder to look.
    Starting July 13th.

• johnnyray14#4257 johnnyray14 Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    Oops! Misread that - thought it was the 13th June. And if it is an entire month away we'll need a reminder to look.
    Starting July 13th.

The official news item *did* originally say June 13 for a while, but then somebody fixed it.
    Starting July 13th.

The official news item *did* originally say June 13 for a while, but then somebody fixed it.

Aye, originally it stated June then got switched to July. There's not more revealing because they want to maintain the integrity & mystery of the final episode. I'm sure Cryptic will probably post a little reminder a few days ahead of time, but this way it promotes it as well before the finale'.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    I'm just looking forward o another free Adm card.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    trennan wrote: »
    I'm just looking forward o another free Adm card.

Totally agree, especially since it will be, it seems, a Science focused one too.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    So where is the Ride at?
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    So where is the Ride at?

Doesn't happen until July 13.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • littlesarbonnlittlesarbonn Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    I started watching it this evening (the episodes are actually pretty long to get through, but that's not a complaint). It's really interesting, and I'm kind of glad I found it, even if I never manage to find the ship in sector space itself. I really like the creative concept of what the show does, and up until I started watching it, I thought it was just another attempt at doing a Star Trek show on a low budget. But it's much more creative, a lot more interesting, and so far a lot of fun.
    Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
    Fleet Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Shaka Walls Fell
    Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
    Foundry series: Bob From Accounting & For the Sake of the Empire
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    So where is the Ride at?

Yeah, silly me I saw J___ 13 and figured Cryptic meant June 14 since they get their dates wrong a lot! Plus why mention it a MONTH ahead of the time?! :/
  • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    So where is the Ride at?

Yeah, silly me I saw J___ 13 and figured Cryptic meant June 14 since they get their dates wrong a lot! Plus why mention it a MONTH ahead of the time?! :/

Probably because they made the same mistake. The blog originally said June 13, and they went back and changed it. I'm guessing they didn't MEAN to announce this a month early!