test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Which of the Famous Captains do you want to see in Star Trek Online?

2»

Comments

• dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    All of the Above
    Janeway / Picard / Sisko - STO is ~60+yrs after all the series so hard to justify so many old characters being around and/or still active.

No problem for Sisko. He ascended to the wormhole and has been... dunno training? He's not done, but Avery Brooks may be.

Probably, I remember seeing some show years ago where they interviewed all the captains. He was very... let's say 'eccentric' in his interview. Don't know if he was just in a weird mood or off his meds. It was very sad to see.

• fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,782 Arc User
    Other
    I don't understand this poll.

M'Zowla is already in the game, I've seen him appear in more episodes than any other character. So why should we care about all the nobodies that are listed in the opening post? They'll never get as much screen time as my main ;)

But if a choice must be made, I'll go with Picard. Though I wouldn't mind seeing captain Dax if mr. Stewart is too expensive.

[4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    If you have to get only one, get Jean-Luc.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Picard
    It's generally more realistic to get one than all, but even still Jean-Luc is probably the least likely.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,782 Arc User
    Other
    reyan01 wrote: »
    I don't understand this poll.

M'Zowla is already in the game, I've seen him appear in more episodes than any other character. So why should we care about all the nobodies that are listed in the opening post? They'll never get as much screen time as my main ;)

But if a choice must be made, I'll go with Picard. Though I wouldn't mind seeing captain Dax if mr. Stewart is too expensive.

Captain Dax?! No thanks! The novels portray her as a Mary-Sue Captain with an OP uber ship - might as well have the music from Mighty Mouse playing in the background - "here she comes to save the day!".
    Not interesting in the least!

But I'd definitely love to see Picard. Whether via time-travel shenanigans or us meeting 106 year old retired Picard, he'd be a wonderful character to interact with.

Well she's already mentioned in the game so that's why I think it would be nice if we actually saw here.

I haven't read those novels, but STO could do things differently. There's no need to follow any of the novels. Actually, our player characters could well be named Mary Sue so at most Dax would be competing for our job which could make for an interesting fight between our captains :p

But I doubt they would make her the hero of the story as long as we (the player captains) are still around. So I don't really see the problem there, to be fair.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    Most of the Above
    Captains I'd like to see:
    Captain Dax and a mission with the Vesta would be fun.
    A mission with Admiral Riker.
    Chakotay as an admiral would be a lot of fun.
    Sisko, even if it's just him asking for our help from inside the Temple.
    Hikaru Sulu.

Those are my picks.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Most of the Above
    Theres a thin line between genius and insanity and given Avery Brooks amazing performance as sisko I'd say that applies here.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • smooshy#7462 smooshy Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    Sisko
    gradii wrote: »
    Theres a thin line between genius and insanity and given Avery Brooks amazing performance as sisko I'd say that applies here.

I've always appreciated Avery Brooks as an actor, and even moreso after seeing what his personality is really like. The only person who comes close is nebbish Henry Winkler playing the embodiment of cool back in the 70s.
  • korithian1korithian1 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    Other
    Gabriel Lorca

Then we can join up to hunt down
    Georgiou and Burnham and get revenge on them
    . He was the only thing that made ST:D work watching.
  • hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    Other
    Hikaru Sulu
  • lapprenticellapprenticel Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    Kirk
    I went Kirk since he's the best of the captains listed, though his series is obviously dated now. Janeway would be good too, though her technology is dating too. Never took to Sisko or Picard as much.

And for those suggesting TRIBBLE be included, no thanks!!! The less STDs in STO the better.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    None of the Above
    Id rather they spend less on voice actors and hire an extra dev or 3