test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Auto De-Cloak on attack

Am I going crazy I thought I had read some where that Cryptic had added a auto De-Cloak on attack.

Comments

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Not sure what you mean.. but by default you cannot perform a targeted attack while cloaked. If you target a foe and hit something like Fire At Will, you don't start firing until you decloak.

If you activate any type of AOE or anything then yes.. it automatically decloaks you. Anything you do that causes damage or a harmful effect on a hostile target will break your cloak.

What I would really like them to fix is make it so that picking up items doesn't break the cloak. That's horribly frustrating and should be changed.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Auto-deckloak in auto-attack is not a bad idea... at all…
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    gaevsman wrote: »
    Auto-deckloak in auto-attack is not a bad idea... at all…

Except that anyone with auto-fire would probably find themselves prematurely decloaking a lot. Also those who happen to tap the space bar, activate any power, ect. Current system locks you in to avoid accidental misfiring. It's a good thing.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    There's a decloak button. Click, decloak. Done.

Can't imagine why anyone would want to automate that, and risk introducing endless bugs that at this point could break cloak indefinitely.

If it isn't broke, don't fix.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Just make it so auto fire does not work while cloaked... you need to personally trigger an ability for it to decloak... ie sensor scan, autofire, grav well, subnuke beam etc.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    There is a way to do it on one ship, the Ha'nom science ship. The trick is if you use the standalone hourglass-shaped target scan button it will immediately drop you out of cloak and if you previously set FAW, rapidfire, and/or torpedo skills you will come out of cloak with them firing which is really good if you have a Romulan-heavy boff setup.
  • lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    > @tigeraries said:
    > Just make it so auto fire does not work while cloaked... you need to personally trigger an ability for it to decloak... ie sensor scan, autofire, grav well, subnuke beam etc.

While they’re at it I hope they do the same to the pilot ship trait that fires a missile if the target is in the forward arc, because it triggers when you’re using EBC.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • themadrigogsthemadrigogs Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »
    Just make it so auto fire does not work while cloaked... you need to personally trigger an ability for it to decloak... ie sensor scan, autofire, grav well, subnuke beam etc.

There's no way that they do this without breaking my enhanced battle cloak. All of you people that have to decloak to attack have my sympathies, but those only go so far.
    What I would really like them to fix is make it so that picking up items doesn't break the cloak. That's horribly frustrating and should be changed.

Yes, thank you. Add "using your viewscreen" to that list. We auto-decloak way too much as it is.
    edited June 2018
    Is it really that hard to just click decloak?

I do it all the time, fly in.. charge up all my buffs.. click decloak.. watch everything melt.

It's not that hard, and it's better the way it is now. Auto decloak would be.. unreliable at best and lead to far more problems then it fixes. It's already a problem with picking up loot and answering hails, if anything, the auto decloaks that do currently exist need to be removed not have more added.
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    So long as it isn't turned on by default like auto attack was messing up my toons I don't mind.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
    nimbull wrote: »
    So long as it isn't turned on by default like auto attack was messing up my toons I don't mind.

Fair enough, as an option.. ok. As a forced change.. heck no! :smiley:
  • daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    illuminat1 wrote: »
    Am I going crazy I thought I had read some where that Cryptic had added a auto De-Cloak on attack.

It already does that. The only way to stay cloaked at attacking is with battle cloak, which is basically not an option. Not sure what you think needs to be changed.
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Ground combat had auto-decloak at one time, i think. They changed it awhile back. For ground it was nice to just move and fire and have the cloak drop automatically.
  • themadrigogsthemadrigogs Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    Is it really that hard to just click decloak?

I do it all the time, fly in.. charge up all my buffs.. click decloak.. watch everything melt.

It's not that hard, and it's better the way it is now. Auto decloak would be.. unreliable at best and lead to far more problems then it fixes. It's already a problem with picking up loot and answering hails, if anything, the auto decloaks that do currently exist need to be removed not have more added.

I always bind my cloak to the ~ button. Super simple and easy to access.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I always bind my cloak to the ~ button. Super simple and easy to access.

OOO nice idea. :)

"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • snipey47asnipey47a Member Posts: 485 Media Corps
    That function would be a terrible idea. That means you could decloak by accident just by targeting if auto attack is turned on or it sends your pets to attack. Decloak needs to be on separate key always