test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] Introducing: The Gamma Task Force Reputation!

2»

Comments

• Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    That tier 5 trait, sounds amusingly funny just like the classic episode it's based on
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
      This one has a lot of good stuff in it for my SciTorp Main. Unfortunately, it is still not as effective as Honor Guard / Adapted MACO.
    • Options
      pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
      jslyn wrote: »
      This one has a lot of good stuff in it for my SciTorp Main. Unfortunately, it is still not as effective as Honor Guard / Adapted MACO.
      It depends on the precise stats of the deflector. New deflector with x2 Honor Guard / Adapted MACO. Although due to mines I will be running the full new set.
    • Options
      tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
      I've never been interested in active Reputation traits due to the long cooldown (5 minutes), but One Little Ship I like the sound of.
      Given the length of the cooldown, I assume we'll have to save it for boss fights.

I wonder, if five or more players use the trait at the same time, does it result in a swarm of mini Danube Runabouts?
      lordgyor wrote: »
      No Vorta unlock which I had been expecting sadly.

My theory is that Vorta Bridge Officers will be connected to a Gamma Quadrant Fleet Holding.
      At that's most likely all we will get for Vorta, unless they make playable Vorta a Lifetime Subscriber benefit like the Talaxians are.

Please note, there has been no confirmation of a Gamma Quadrant Fleet Holding officially, but I am fully expecting that one will be implemented, because there is always a new fleet holding with each major update.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
      Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
    • Options
      jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
      pottsey5g wrote: »
      [It depends on the precise stats of the deflector. New deflector with x2 Honor Guard / Adapted MACO. Although due to mines I will be running the full new set.

The Kinetic Bonus is a 3-Piece here. You can't pair both for the Bonuses. This one is a +10% Kinetic and the Honor Guard / Adapted MACO is +25% Projectile. I am not sure that a Torpedo Boat can slot enough Mines to make up the difference.

But don't let that stop you; you want to run with the new Set, then by all means, do so.
    • Options
      edited May 2018
      [It depends on the precise stats of the deflector. New deflector with x2 Honor Guard / Adapted MACO. Although due to mines I will be running the full new set.

The Kinetic Bonus is a 3-Piece here. You can't pair both for the Bonuses. This one is a +10% Kinetic and the Honor Guard / Adapted MACO is +25% Projectile. I am not sure that a Torpedo Boat can slot enough Mines to make up the difference.

But don't let that stop you; you want to run with the new Set, then by all means, do so.
      The 1 piece deflector Gamma Team Synergies projectile bonus can be stacked up with the x2 Adapted MACO +25% Projectile boost. It needs testing but that looks to me like it will be the new best combo for most torpedo boats.

Although for some setups x3 Gamma Synergistic might work out better as it boosts all sources of Kinetic damage not just torpedoes. For example for my current build not factoring in all the new mine stuff puts out in theory under a perfect scenario around 150 mines at once. Realistically it’s more like 50 to 100. So for me x4 Gamma Synergistic with x3 Task Force Ordinances looks like the best option over x2 Adapted MACO.

Plus with 3 torpedo boats in a team that’s a 30% bonus to the team (10% per player x3) . Depending on stacking rules I would assume a team would want at least one person with x4 Gamma Team Synergies.

• Options
      vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User

True, you can't get the 3-piece bonus from this AND the 2-piece bonus from KHG/AMACO. And, as you say, the KHG/AMACO has a better bonus for torpedo bombers. Take a look at the individual pieces of this new set from a T'Varo captain's perspective (and bear in mind that the KHG/AMACO set has no Warp/Simgularity Core):
      Gamma Team Synergies (Space Set – 4 Pieces)
      •Gamma Synergistic Graviton Deflector Array Mk XII ◦The Gamma Synergistic Graviton Deflector Array is designed as a powerful support deflector. It provides a substantial boost to Control Expertise and Drain Expertise, as well as adding a hull resistance debuff to targets hit by your projectile weapons.

•Gamma Synergistic Combat Impulse Engines Mk XII ◦The Gamma Synergistic Combat Impulse Engine is finely tuned to have a minimal impact on your other subsystems while active. Not only does it get more maneuverability out of less power than any other impulse engine, but it was also built with a custom full impulse setting that leaves your Auxiliary subsystem untouched. It even boosts your Auxiliary power for a short duration after leaving full impulse.

•Gamma Synergistic Resilient Shield Array Mk XII ◦The Gamma Synergistic Resilient Shield Array, like all resilient shield arrays, is optimized to absorb as much incoming damage as possible with minimal bleedthrough to the hull. With boosted passive regeneration, base resistance to Phaser Damage, and additional boosts to all Energy Damage Resistance when you activate debuffing abilities, it is an exceptionally difficult shield array to deplete.

•Gamma Synergistic Overcharged Warp / Singularity Core Mk XII ◦Gamma Synergistic Overcharged Cores are designed to boost Auxiliary power levels. Additionally, these Cores are designed for extensive travel through sector space, increasing your turn rate and speed while utilizing a Slipstream drive, making Slipstream drives recharge faster, reducing your Transwarp Cooldown, and even providing you with a higher than normal Warp Speed when not using a Slipstream Drive.

The Deflector has a nice addition to your torpedo abilities.
      The Singularity Core (absent from KHG/MACO anyway) is sweet for TtG, and boosts AUX for Science powers and Cloaking.
      The Impulse Engine is nice, but not much help.
      The Shield is nice, but nothing special unless you're a heavy debuffer.

So, KHG/AMACO Engine and Shield, and Gamma Deflector and Core gets you the best of both worlds. Or lose the Gamma Set's two-piece bonus and grab another Core.

As for the Armaments Set, I'm hoping we can get the 3-piece bonus from console/torp/mine, instead of being forced to add an energy weapon. It would be very nice to have ONE weapon set that a Torp/Mine boat can use without wasting a weapon slot on a beam/cannon/turret.

As much as I hate seeing yet another Rep grind added, I must say that some of the rewards here look promising!
    • Options
      anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
      Given the nature of the GQBZ it should be an easier reputation to feed beyond 100K, especially if the events do properly scale for the unlikely-but-possible instance of one participating operator. The new queue, I hope, will benefit from having more developer attention paid to it fully (as opposed to being divided among 2-3 queues)... hopefully it (and new episodes) will bring back career-specific optional objectives ('Mine Enemy', 'Facility 4028', and 'Boldly They Rode' come to mind as examples), given as those would synergize nicely with the concept of scaling rewards.

You do know that "Boldly They Rode" is the only mission in that Featured Series that doesn't have career-specific objectives, right? It's somewhat amusing because you go from "Second Wave," where not being of the proper career means that you can't administer basic first aid, bust open a door or pick up a rifle and hand it to Kurland, to that one, where any career is suddenly a master of using the station's computers to cycle force fields and manipulate environmental controls, as well as using explosives.

I don't see them adding any career-specific optionals again since they haven't done so in more than half of the time that the game has been live. The last ones added were on the 4th Anniversary, as part of the Klingon War revamp. That tells me that they have no desire to bother with them anymore.
      This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
    • Options
      edited May 2018
      vorwoda wrote: »
      As for the Armaments Set, I'm hoping we can get the 3-piece bonus from console/torp/mine, instead of being forced to add an energy weapon. It would be very nice to have ONE weapon set that a Torp/Mine boat can use without wasting a weapon slot on a beam/cannon/turret.

As much as I hate seeing yet another Rep grind added, I must say that some of the rewards here look promising!
      With a mine boat you tend to fit 1 or 2 energy weapons and have them produce chroniton mines and heavy Tachyon mines. My current mine layer has 2 random energy weapons so it wouldn’t bother me to swap in the Gamma Task Force set. With a torpedo boat though I agree.

• Options
      nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
      edited May 2018
      Opps, I gotta stop tabbing, sorry wrong thread lol.
    • Options
      vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
      vorwoda wrote: »

With a mine boat you tend to fit 1 or 2 energy weapons and have them produce chroniton mines and heavy Tachyon mines. My current mine layer has 2 random energy weapons so it wouldn’t bother me to swap in the Gamma Task Force set. With a torpedo boat though I agree.

Interesting. My two Romulans' T'Varos are both all torps fore, all mines aft - torpedo bombers. Which is why I was hoping for one weapon set I could use fully on them. I've never tried a dedicated mine layer yet. Any energy weapon is a waste on an EBC ship, IMHO.

But thanks for the tip! I may try a dedicated minelayer on another character!
    • Options
      robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
      This looks good for my sci ship and I may use that warp core on the ship that has enhanced slipstream for tour the galaxy.
      NO TO ARC
      Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
      Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
      Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • Options
      shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
      anodynes wrote: »
      You do know that "Boldly They Rode" is the only mission in that Featured Series that doesn't have career-specific objectives, right?
      So it is; the clarification is appreciated.
      I don't see them adding any career-specific optionals again since they haven't done so in more than half of the time that the game has been live. The last ones added were on the 4th Anniversary, as part of the Klingon War revamp. That tells me that they have no desire to bother with them anymore.
      Which raises the question 'why not?' They seem a reasonable way to add spice to missions and queues; they are not to be confused with what MI does in terms of how ship type affect interactions (which is also welcome).

On another note, STOunrefined has a meaty video about this new reputation. Among the highlights:
      • the inhibiting polaron proc is a chance to immobilize enemies in the vicinity of the target (the tooltip text implies - incorrectly, I suspect - that this proc does not affect the target;
      • completing the reputation track does in fact unlock a noncombat pet version of the mini-Danube;
      • model work on the ground weapons does not appear to be quite complete, but the pistol models do indeed match the one shown in the article header image, which itself is an evolution of the old Jem'Hadar pistol model.
    • Options
      edited May 2018
      Launching with #VictoryisLife, the Gamma Task Force Reputation grants you items and abilities that help you work better with your allies!

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10895034
      During testing I ran into some bugs.

When using mine dispersal pattern beta 3 the Rapid Deploying Mine Launcher activates beta 2 instead of 3 while other mines use the correct beta 3.

Possibly linked to above the Rapid Deploying Mine Launcher is unable to drop mines with dispersal patterns.

The Ordinance Accelerator 20% projectile damage is not working with mines. Which I assume is a bug as the set looks to be all about mines.

The Deep Space Mine (3 piece) – Click doesn’t seem to benefit from the extra tracking range of the hot pursuit trait.

Apart from the bugs loving the set and absolutely love Deep Space Mine (3 piece) – Click
    • Options
      tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
      I love the little Runabout.
      tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
    • Options
      rck01rck01 Member Posts: 808 Arc User
      edited June 2018
      lucho80 wrote: »
      Well, that settles it. Must grind this one because a power drainer must have enhanced sensors for all sorts of fun.

Sadly, the trait doesn't seem to work for some reason. I slot it, then activate Sensor Scan, Subnuc or Scattering Field and nothing happens. If I activate Evasive Maneuvers, an "Enhanced Sensors" icon *does* appear on my buff bar (with a 15 second timer), but that's all. If I check my DrainX/CtrlX stats, I see that neither is buffed. Nor do any of my drain or control-related Boff powers (Tykens, Grav Well, etc.) show any increase in their tooltips (e.g. no additional power drain or damage for Tykens).

According to the trait's description it's *supposed* to "Increase the effectiveness" of both DrainX and CtrlX by 15%. But that's calculated against what, exactly? The base skill level? Or is it applied as a bonus (e.g. Cat2/3 style)? Why doesn't it appear in any of the tooltip calculations?

And more importantly, when testing against a fleetmate with Tykens 1 and Tractor Beam 1 with Pilfered Power, why doesn't it increase the effective subsystem drain? I'm flying a T'varo with 667 DrainX skill and 405% power transfer rate. A 15% boost to DrainX should put me at close to 770 skill level, a jump of over 100 points and something that *should* be apparent to the target (in the form at least another few points off of subsystem levels).

WTF? Does this new trait do *anything* at all?

RCK - a.k.a. "Evul/Good Jacob"
    • Options
      phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
      How good is the reputation for non drain based science captains?
    • Options
      schloopdooschloopdoo Member Posts: 373 Arc User
      edited June 2018
      The gear from this set does some interesting things, and I really appreciate the number of passive set bonuses that won't contribute to overcrowding on my keybinds.

Looking at the store unlocks from this reputation, I see rifles at Tier 1, pistols at Tier 2, projectile space weapons at Tier 3, energy space weapons at Tier 4... but no assault weapons? Is this right, or are they on Tier 5 and omitted from the information in the Reputations window as an oversight? The auto rifle has been my favorite ground weapon type for a while now.