test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Vanguard Carrier's attack craft micromanagement isn't really good

gypsydanger1gypsydanger1 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
it's almost impossible to track the status of the attack craft without any status bars like the wigmen have.

in crowded areas with a lot of fighting and visual effects there's no time to "search" the attack craft, click on it and check if it's still operational!

please make the attack craft autodock and the console go on CD after it's defeated^^
this would be a huge QoL-improvement!

EDIT: and there's a bug: with the attack craft detached, you can't use the rock and roll maneuver from pilot specialization^^

Comments

• eltecheltech Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    Pretty much all separation pets have this issue. At least some sort of health indicator would be nice, yes.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    I'm hoping that they expand the wingman setup to include the separation pets sometime down the road.
  • trenthowelltrenthowell Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    Yea, it would be a nice QoL to have something that allows us to keep track of it. Its rather annoying that I go around thinking its doing its thing, but in reality its dead and should have been redocked.
  • sentry51sentry51 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Agree. I literally made a thread with the same thing in the feedback forum a couple of hours ago.

PSA: In case you didn't know, you can use the wingman shield buff on your detachable craft to heal it. It won't bring it back from death, but will heal it to 100% when it's damaged.
    If the wingman shield heal works then the hull heal should as well.

Main thing would be to make it a focus target when its first deployed so you can more easily find and target it for those abilities.
  • sentry51sentry51 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    If the wingman shield heal works then the hull heal should as well.

Main thing would be to make it a focus target when its first deployed so you can more easily find and target it for those abilities.

Yeah, it will heal the hull and shields. I agree, I want to have an icon to click to keep track of it and see it's health too. I like to be able to click on my frigate icon to see where they are. I disable the floating names by default.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    Even coloring the wingman as green, yellow, red, or black depending on hull strength would help.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Personally, I believe it would be best if separation pet consoles would simply go to cooldown automatically when the pet is killed instead of waiting for the player to click on it. Then there would be no need to "micromanage" them.
    Sep pets can be pretty wonky at times. Only one I tend to use often is with the sheshar and despite the button being on my bar as a clicky rather than keybind it will often just decide its lonely and wants to snuggle with the main ship.

I say snuggle as it then goes into a looping dock animation and there's nothing I can do because the button is on cooldown almost as though its a timed ability which as far as I know it isn't.

Other times it will just wander off like a small cat chasing a laser pointer usually in the opposite direction from the main ship and then sit idle once it exceeds a set distance.

It does feel like its one of those things they brought in as a cool idea since the show had it a few times but either didn't know where to take it or didn't have time to fully develop the system before it was put in and once live cryptic do seem to struggle sorting out mistakes and issues.
  • asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    I have been saying for awhile that the separation pets, and well the hanger-pets too, could use an updated ui to make using an maintaining them easier. Having it that the separation pet returns an docks when it is destroyed would be great, even if it was after it had sat destroyed for awhile, though i would say that sometimes I prefer to play some ships with the separation pet separated even if it is destroyed for the added turn-rate gained (good example is the gal-x).

I know why they are focusing their attention on making beam-bank an array equipped hanger-pets for the added firing arc to help with their issues the pets have with using cannon weapons. Though it would be nice to have the option to take a cannon-based pet if you wanted to, since using a beam-using pet on a ship with cannons makes the coordinated assault trait abit lacking. I mean if use beam overload the pet has to have beam weapons to use the beam overload proc by the trait, and vice versa for the cannon rapid fire.
  • omega6theta1omega6theta1 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    All in favor of auto dock when it gets destroyed, or a red X on the console tray icon would work also... some kind of indicator.
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    Maybe not exactly at this topic, but... anyone have any idea why in last Mirror Invasion my Galaxy Dread saucer often would return by itself (without my turning the separation off)? Is there some debuf for saucer separation, that the Terran Empire got?
    The new wingman controls are actually fairly similar to a suggestion I put forward a while back where instead of the subsystem attacks a carrier would direct the pets to perform tasks like flanking or strafing.

And sadly saber1973a that is something that does happen to sep pets. I've been toying with the idea of getting my ps4 romulan a kara and its t5 version for the separation console but the wonky behaviour always stops me.
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    The only problem I have with the pets is sometimes the linking doesn't work and each Raider needs to be commanded individually.
  • mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    saber1973a wrote: »
    Maybe not exactly at this topic, but... anyone have any idea why in last Mirror Invasion my Galaxy Dread saucer often would return by itself (without my turning the separation off)? Is there some debuf for saucer separation, that the Terran Empire got?

Yes, you hinted corectly. The Terran ships have this ability, wich exists for players aswell, called Unstable Warp Bubble: https://sto.gamepedia.com/Ability:_Emit_Unstable_Warp_Bubble that deactivates pets, saucer sep/auxiliary crafts included. They will dock/recall, but the button stays press, same as when they die, so you have to push it again, going thru the cooldown and barely afterwards you can summon it again. I personally think its a really cheap and "under belt" ability given to the NPCs and pretty much another nail in the coffin of the saucer sep/auxiliary crafts, wich are in need of a good revamp since now are pretty much useless and balanced for pre-Delta Raising, aka with low hull and low damage... A similar mechanic like the vanguard wingmen would be nice...