test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Huge grind + Lacklustre reward = Gamma Recruit

fun4ever#6757 fun4ever Member Posts: 45 Arc User
(Troll thread is OP, please nerf. - BMR)

YBWyACJ.png
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Where is post that makes sense?

Seriously.. does this post come with a decoder ring?
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • slifox#0768 slifox Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    At least we don’t have to replay the missions we all have probably replayed to death. That cow has been milked.
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
    If you don't want the rewards on order, don't do the grind. Simple.
  • casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    I want some replaying for my jemmie and other two toons - To get the Shard of Possibilities. You should too. Your glass-cannon tacs really could use that.
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    actually depending on the assignments you're doing, an admiralty slot can be a very big deal as you can make a ton of dilithium by doing it. an extra slot speeds that along. The AoY reward had a huge bonus in that if you completed it, you were given an account wide unlock that allowed you to claim all reputation items at mk xiii ultra rare, which was a huge deal. I personally don't expect a reward that massive from every recruitment event. IMO it's not quite sunk in yet at just how much of a leg up we've been given with the Vanguard and even basic Jem'hadar toons. Considering just how much we've been given I'm not exactly going to complain that the gamma recruit rewards aren't as huge as other event rewards. in the short time i've had the toon, my vanguard is virtually equal to my main toon save for the fact he doesn't yet have full t5 reps, and is missing one or 2 traits.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    Why should you get huge rewards for just creating another character anyway?

You get to play as a Jem'hadar or Cardassian as part of this expansion. That has been requested for years. All other things are just bonuses.

It's not a grind you have to do on top of playing the game, it's something you can do while you are playing that new character - something many people would do anyway. They're not even extra tasks, the recruitment event doesn't represent any extra workload. It's just extra rewards for doing things you have been doing on your other toons for years.

I woud also say that starting at level 60 and getting a fully equipped ship are more important than receiving some resources (that form only a fraction of the costs of building a new ship from scratch) or some of the other previous recruitment rewards.

Have some players become so spoiled that they don't even recognise rewards anymore?
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    You get a fully equipped ship and you save hours of time by starting at level 60. That is your reward for playing a species, something that many players already wanted to do and would have done without any extra bonuses anyway - and yet these extra rewards will persist after the recruitment event ends.

Those are your rewards, and they're quite significant. One might even say they're unnecessary (both for those who would have created such a toon anyway and thus for the devs as well), which only makes their existence and the fact that they were still given to us even more relevant.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    > @fleetcaptain5#1134 said:
    > You get a fully equipped ship and you save hours of time by starting at level 60. That is your reward for playing a species, something that many players already wanted to do and would have done without any extra bonuses anyway - and yet these extra rewards will persist after the recruitment event ends.
    >
    > Those are your rewards, and they're quite significant. One might even say they're unnecessary (both for those who would have created such a toon anyway and thus for the devs as well), which only makes their existence and the fact that they were still given to us even more relevant.

Again with AoY an additional reward is that you get a unique tutor or “Origin Story”, it’s not meant to be a new faction it’s an enhancement on the federation faction.
  • jbmonroejbmonroe Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    So many times I was ready to pay real money not to go through "Bonnie-kins" again, and now they've given it to me for free. Heck of a deal, if you ask me.

Some people, you give 'em a free prime-rib dinner, all you get back is complaints that there wasn't cupcake for dessert.
    boldly-watched.png
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    Well, they could have rewarded playing through the NEWER story arcs like the Iconian War, Future Proof and New Frontiers. But I'm ok with what we got, even more so since many rewards will be reclaimable by all alts on the same account.
  • casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    It's reward-plenty. I don't know what you people were expecting.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Admiralty slot = best recruit reward ever
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    To be honest, threads like this amuse me somewhat.

I fail to see very much to complain about here to be honest.

Oh, me too. It just made my day today after waking with a leg cramp at six this morning ;)

I also fail to see what there is to complain about. The bugship is really a decent ship, especially for a tac and they get to fly most of their chosen side's ships, so I can move them to something while I grind out the Starter Pack for the Jem ship.

Really, the OP sounds like a spoiled kid who will complain about anything. I'm just surprised a thread like this hadn't already popped up.

As was stated above, I would have played one regardless of whether or not there was a recruit event, because, Jem'Hadar/Cardassian.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    If you don't like the tasks and don't want the rewards, then don't do them. There, problem solved. B)
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Hu?

I’m actually pretty happy with the reward. Play 100 ques of your choice with the recruit and get enough gamma marks to fill the new rep on all toons of your account.

Considering that basically all the other tasks you have to do with the recruit is stuff you do anyway with new toons we really get a lot for zero effort here.

As someone who has a dozen toons at endgame I think cryptic introduced the Jem’Hadar brilliantly for new players and seasoned veterans alike.

Well done cryptic!
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    Some people just need something to complain about or they're just not happy.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    Marks = Dilithium and are never useless.
    Admiralty slot = 9 slots for me which lets me farm KDF and Ferengi missions faster for more EC, Latinum, and Dilithium.

For the past three days I've ran the new STF once per day and have over 200+ marks for the rep projects. It's easy as pie and when I get sponsership tokens for other characters it'll be even more easier for them.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    Well if you compare it to the previous recruit events you'll see an increase in requirements to unlock stuff at least in some ways.
  • alexhaydenalexhayden Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Considering I recently started four new Delta recruits without even considering I'd be playing Operation Gamma again..and again..and again..and again, how low do you think my level of disappointment was that I wouldn't have to do that with a Gamma recruit?

From what Peter said it seems that minimum effort gets us a character almost on par with our established ones, which in my case as a super casual player took YEARS to achieve. I for one will be quite happy to get a character to Level 65 without grinding through episodes for a fifth (or possibly sixth) time.. and one episode in particular..
    Post edited by alexhayden on
  • ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    Why should you get huge rewards for just creating another character anyway?...
    If there wasn't some incentive to create a new character and flesh it out one might as well just keep playing established characters that can grind out the existing content better. While I'm sure there are those that would create a Jem'Hadar because they want to play one I know one ten minute, exclusive introductory mission really wouldn't entice me. The rewards don't have to be huge though and my interest is peaked enough with the current prizes to go ahead and give it go.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    The mark rewards might not seem that great but are pretty handy for new characters, conversion into dil and they also include gamma marks which I've a feeling will get harder to come by once the first wave of folk have repped up and the BZ queue system dies a death.

At least until a couple of months when they'll inevitably hit the RA choice boxes and the BZ will be lucky to complete a handful of times a day.

Most of the tasks are for the dull offline timesink things. This is something that should have been improved on for sure to actually get folk playing the game for more than the few minutes it takes to load up doffs and admiralty til the next day.

MK13 rep gear boost would have been god but unlikely as it was a reward from the previous recruit event. Sadly for players cryptic LOVE their dilithium sinks otherwise they'd have had mission rewards starting at 13 instead of continuing the mk12 theme from delta grinding. And to be honest having played through the new story content I never felt the need to go beyond 12 was really there.
This discussion has been closed.