test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game Breaking Bugs And Blockers In Missions

mandos21mandos21 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
edited June 2018 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
So I've been playing this game for about 6 years (poured time and money into it) and never really encountered any major issues. However, since the latest expansion released, I have encountered several game breaking bugs which block mission and story progression on at least 2 of my characters (haven't tried the others)!

One of these bugs is on my main character and blocks progression in the new episode. During the "The Tzenkethi Renegade" mission, after I talk with Geordi, I cannot interact with the Tzenkethi Captain.
kBPcI3K.jpg
I am in the right place but there is no prompt to interact with him. No way to progress further.

The other issues are on my Romulan which is even more screwed up. I created this character back when the Delta recruits were a thing, leveled it up to 10 and abandoned it until now. I picked it back up (after hearing you can now buy Klingon ships on Romulans) and wanted to level it up. But, guess what, the game won't let me progress.

The first issue is with the "Neutral No More" mission. No matter how many times I acquire the free ship, and I can apparently acquire it infinite times though I can only have one active at a time, the mission will not complete.
wcyBqKL.jpg
As you can see on the map, I am in the right place, only 1 ship type is free, I get it and nothing. No matter how many times.

The second issue is with the "Tradecraft" mission. I beam aboard my ship, I go to the Ready Room and nothing. I cannot interact with anything.
xfywTSw.jpg
I have looked on Youtube and once again I am in the right place but the console will not light up and become interactable. I am stuck in the main story.

These issues pretty much break the entire game for me and I cannot play it anymore. I am forced to just uninstall it. And I don't want to, I like the game. But I can't progress.
It's... really hard to abstain from cursing.

Please help me.
Thank you.

Comments

• r0m#7631 r0m Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    The best way to get these bugs fixed quickly is to do exactly what you did, with screenshots and all, I am sure they'll figure everything out quickly.

That being said, I believe your response to the current situation is a bit emotional; you've invested a lot of time and effort into this game and bugs like these are to be expected with a major overhaul of the game. I'm sure it is their current top priority to get everything back into working order. Do not uninstall your game pal, be patient, we'd miss you and you'd miss us.
  • mandos21mandos21 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Awesome. But if by some miracle they even acknowledge these issues (I understand others have the Tzenkethi Captain issue but I've seen nothing about my Romulan issues) then it will take god knows how long for a fix to release.

I wanted to level my Romulan and buy Klingon battleships. I don't know if I will want to do the same weeks or months later after these bugs would presumably be fixed.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    mandos21 wrote: »
    Awesome. But if by some miracle they even acknowledge these issues (I understand others have the Tzenkethi Captain issue but I've seen nothing about my Romulan issues) then it will take god knows how long for a fix to release.

I wanted to level my Romulan and buy Klingon battleships. I don't know if I will want to do the same weeks or months later after these bugs would presumably be fixed.

Actually....I thought I read some threads about both Jem'Hadar and Romulans are having problems interacting with consoles (or consoles on their ships?) and unable to finish missions. They may be mixed up together on Jem'Hadar or Victory is Life related threads.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    deleted(
    Post edited by fred26291#2759 on
  • aidy1972ukaidy1972uk Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    It's the same scenario with "Mine Enemy" on Rom characters, no library computer to finish the mission!

EDIT: The Computer is where it should be for Fed and KDF characters.
    aidy1972uk wrote: »
    EDIT: The Computer is where it should be for Fed and KDF characters.
    What does that mean? Aren't the bridges different? Can you post a screenshot?
  • rannsakrannsak Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Can I just say that I cannot comprehend the logic of uninstalling the game just because you hit a few bugs?

Like, are you so desperate for an MMO fix that if STO can't deliver you've gotta clear up that hard drive space and install something over it? Just wait for the patch, dude. Going on about how much time and money you've poured into it and then flipping out and saying you have to uninstall it if it's not working correctly right this minute just makes you sound vaguely deranged.

I mean I'm pretty annoyed by the Jem'hadar bugs going on right now, but rather than say I'm gonna uninstall the game or, like someone said in an equally incomprehensible message on one of those threads, delete my Jem'hadar character (and thereby lose all the progress I've already made), my plan is to just, y'know... do other stuff until the bugs are patched. Hopefully they'll be patched soon, I'll resume playing, and I won't have to reinstall an entire MMO or start my character over from scratch just because I decided to get dramatic about bugs in a new expansion.

Like maybe just calm down, take some deep breaths, and wait for like Tuesday when there'll probably be a fresh patch, and probably every day or every other day for the next week or two as they chase more issues, like they do every time there's a ton of new content dumped into a game engine that's going on a decade old.
    rannsak wrote: »
    Can I just say that I cannot comprehend the logic of uninstalling the game just because you hit a few bugs?
    Cute, but no. They are not just "a few bugs", they are literally blocking my progress. Wtf do you want me to do with a level 16 character?
    Like, are you so desperate for an MMO fix that if STO can't deliver you've gotta clear up that hard drive space and install something over it?
    No, actually. STO is the only MMO I play. My exception. So that's why these problems affected me harder than it would some other MMO enthusiasts.
    y'know... do other stuff until the bugs are patched. Hopefully they'll be patched soon
    Yes, hopefully. And hopefully it won't take months and hopefully they won't be ignored either.
    like they do every time there's a ton of new content dumped into a game engine that's going on a decade old.
    Well that's the thing, I've been playing since the game went F2P and every time people complained of problems after big updates I just laughed and strolled through the content because I wasn't affected. Not this time though. This time I have ALL the problems.
  • rannsakrannsak Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Cute, but no. They are not just "a few bugs", they are literally blocking my progress. Wtf do you want me to do with a level 16 character?

Log it out and read a book for a few days?
    Well that's the thing, I've been playing since the game went F2P and every time people complained of problems after big updates I just laughed and strolled through the content because I wasn't affected. Not this time though. This time I have ALL the problems.

Hm. Sounds like there's a couple of lessons to be learned there then.
    edited June 2018
    deleted
  • moondust396#9843 moondust396 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I was hoping for a fix from the latest patch. But not even a mention of it in the patch notes. I agree that this is a game breaking bug, I haven't been able to progress my character since the 9th and it is the only character I want to play. Submitting a ticket for the problem was a joke. Didn't get a response for 3 days and all they basically wrote was "we acknowledge the problem." They said nothing about a fix is coming soon or even sorry for your incovience. I have never experienced such poor customer service when it comes to a game which is another factor that is deteriorating me from playing this game anymore.
  • shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    The interaction zone for the transporter officer on my KDF fleet's starbase has dropped to the size of a postage stamp. I can have the menu available, turn 10 degrees and lose it. Wouldn't surprise me if other consoles are similarly screwed up.
    edited June 2018
    deleted
    Yup, I knew it. And I told you the chances of these being ignored are very high (the Romulan issues).
    And here we are. Let's see how many months/years it takes for a fix.
    edited June 2018
    deleted
  • stepanbobikstepanbobik Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Im just annoyed that no one is responding on this problem ? I've been writing to GM and nothing..no one cares about Romulan characters- only starfleet is always important. I really enjoyed playing Romulan character, but now ? This bug at Tradecraft mission needs to be fixed and not ignored. I think that some people don't really understand the issue, because you are absolutely unable to continue at this game while you can't skip or pay for this mission to be done. So it's like a deadzone where you can't do anything and you are waiting for no help to come, because no one obviously care, especially the game itself.
    It's such a shame that game as this one has these main problems.
  • morden613morden613 Member Posts: 365 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    I hope you mean "The Renegade's Regret" because that's the actual name of the mission.

The Tzenkethi captain is a female, not a male. So you know.

They do read reports. Even if you don't get a reply, they still read them.

When do they act on them is anyone's guess.​​
    Post edited by morden613 on
  • twbeaty70twbeaty70 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Just wanted to bump this thread for the Tradecraft bug, which has my FED Rom dead in the water. As far as I can tell (and I tend to get a bit cross-eyed on dates at times) this post has been up for 10 days. Seems a bit long for a bug of this magnitude without even an acknowledgment from a dev.

I understand that there's a patch cycle here, but man, imho this really rates an out-of-cycle patch, especially since it's something that new and impressionable players are going to hit pretty much right out of the gate.

EDIT: Okay, 8 days. Thought I was responding to a different thread. lol, but still, point stands.
  • gamer200kgamer200k Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I am just going to revive this thread as I cannot create my own yet and I have discovered a game breaking bug.

I received the Rise of Discovery update when I was halfway through the Welcome to Earth Spacedock mission having just visited the tailor, when I continued the game after the update instead of Admiral Quinn giving me the first mission for the Klingon War storyline "Diplomatic Orders", he instead gave me the new mission "The Plausibility of the Possible", and after finishing "Impossibility of Reason" Admiral Quinn does not give the "Diplomatic Orders" mission anymore making me unable to progress in the game.

I have tried replaying the mission "Downfall" in hopes that it would resolve the bug, but it did not.