test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dyson Spheres are locked out for Jem'Hadar?

I don't know if this is a bug, and oversight or intentional but Jem'Hadar characters can't go to either of the Dyson spheres so all of the associated battlezones and reputation trees will be locked too :neutral:
"As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives.
This we do gladly, for we are Jem'Hadar. Victory is Life!"
njflWNG.jpg

Comments

• richyrich1991richyrich1991 Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    azrael605 wrote: »
    You have to play Sphere of Influence to get into the sphere.

Yeah and Jem'Hadar can't play that mission, or the Delta quadrant intro one
    "As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives.
    This we do gladly, for we are Jem'Hadar. Victory is Life!"
    njflWNG.jpg
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User

You're caharacter might be Level 60 - but after you play the Jem Hadr storyline and pick a faction (assuming you did do that); you might have to actually play the Jem hadr character through (or skip to) the main faction (Fed/Klingon) storyline that's available to them to unlock those missions/areas.

Just because you're at level 60, it doesn't mean you've unlocked the various story progression requirements.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • geekguy79geekguy79 Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    You need to complete all the "new" gamma episode missions for VIL, then, many manyyyy more missions from your faction will become available. I just finished them just before and did the first quick intro mission to the delta quadrant, that takes 1 minute to finish, and now I'm in the Delta quad able to visit Argala, which is of course why everyone wants to go to the Delta quad so bad, lol.
  • wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    From the 6/5 patch notes:

"Resolved an issue which made it so players could not always skip to higher story arcs even when at the appropriate level."

I would have thought this note means you could jump to any story arc if you're at the right level.
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    [Mod Hat] I brought this up with Kael. Currently it seems you have to play the aforementioned wrapper missions to get to the DQ and spheres, but Kael says it's possible that this was an oversight by the programmers and he's going to check. [/Mod Hat]
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • littlesarbonnlittlesarbonn Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    Pretty sure it's the same issue with the Romulan missions on the planet because I was able to go to the planet, hear D'Tan ramble on about peace and then nothing. I couldn't get a single mission to start any of the Romulan stuff.
    Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
    Fleet Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Shaka Walls Fell
    Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
    Foundry series: Bob From Accounting & For the Sake of the Empire
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Did you see the Romulan Ambassador first?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • sui2ksui2k Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    it is playable .. had no problems with sphere of influence or dyson missions, dunno but you should check your mission log
  • kildor2012kildor2012 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    hmm??

I just warped to my fleet dyson sphere and left it and went into the Dyson BGs yesterday, I was the only JH there but I was able to participate with no issues.
  • ask4spock1ask4spock1 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    I've done all the Gamma Missions and cant even play the Klingon arc. I start diplomatic mission and cant land on P'jem; hide and seek will let me claim the mission but can start it
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    starswordc wrote: »
    [Mod Hat] I brought this up with Kael. Currently it seems you have to play the aforementioned wrapper missions to get to the DQ and spheres, but Kael says it's possible that this was an oversight by the programmers and he's going to check. [/Mod Hat]

You may want to also mention to Kael to get the programmers to check "all" the missions before and after the dyson missions and make sure they are all good to be played for the J'H faction on both factions, otherwise we will be sitting on multiple patching sessions because it is being done one at a time. while it is their right to do what they lke with their game, i doubt many would be happy to see a patching session each day for a mission each that don't work.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • jarfarujarfaru Member Posts: 572 Arc User

This is why boosted characters suck in most mmo's. You might have to go back and actually play the game.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    On my Jem'Hadar, I can't even SEE any mission arcs in the mission Journal past the Gamma Q story.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    There IS a way to sneak into the Delta Quadrant with your new Jem! :) Press L ('available missions'), talk to Admiral Burgess (sp?), and take the 'Escalation' mission; this will warp you into Dyson Sphere; just beam right up, and the mission has completed! (Good for the Endeavor too, if you hurry). Once you handed in the mission, you now get the 'Exit to Delta Quadrant' option from inside the Dyson Sphere. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    On my Jem'Hadar, I can't even SEE any mission arcs in the mission Journal past the Gamma Q story.

Did you finish the Tenebris Torquent mission? JH only get 2 story arcs until that mission is done and then all other story arcs are opened up. Stranded in Space from the Klingon War arc, Sphere of Influence from the Solanae Dyson Sphere arc, Escalation from The Delta Quadrant arc, and Sunrise from the Future Proof arc are the only missions available when a JH finishes Tenebris Torquent. Although, it is quite annoying since most of the missions have to be skipped or played through to access the one you want. So if you want to get a specific mission reward from the Cardassian, Breen, or Borg story arcs, then it requires playing or skipping a lot of missions.