test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Considering Romulan Delta Recruits

Ok, so when they reran the Delta Recruit event, I made sure to make some Delta recruits. I kind of missed the event last time cause I didn't really care for the expansion.

One of these Recruits was a Romulan. Now I made sure to get all the way to where I get the transponder, or whatever it is called. Then I basically signed off on that Character and didn't play him beyond that point.

So I happened to sign on to that character today, I am no longer in whatever the room was where I meet my future self. I am outside near the Maori or whatever his name is. But, here is the weird thing. I have the "do you want to play the Tutorial or skip it" screen.

And Now, I am kind of scared. Can I advance while ignoring the skip the tutorial option? If I restart the Tutorial, does that negate my status as a Delta Recruit, and I loose the chance to have a Romulan Delta Recruit?

Has anyone had this happen to them? And what if anything did you end up doing?

Answers

• Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,319 Community Moderator
    My first question is: do you have the transponder in your inventory?
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    My first question is: do you have the transponder in your inventory?

Currently yes, I have it in my inventory.

I think it might be that I never actually completed the Delta Recruitment Mission. I got as far as actually getting the transponder in my inventory, but then logged out. So I am still on the "Delta Recruitment" mission with the next objective being "head to the Festival".
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    If you still have your transponder, hopefully you can continue the tutorial. I usually try to finish tutorials when I have a special character like that, just in case, y'know?
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    This post may be relevant to your situation:
    http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/comment/13364531/#Comment_13364531

I have no personal experience with the issue.
  • Options
    voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    This post may be relevant to your situation:
    http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/comment/13364531/#Comment_13364531

I have no personal experience with the issue.

Yeah. Sounds exactly like what I did. Though honestly, It confuses me more. From the sound of it, you get to keep the transponder, so are recognized as a Delta Recruit, but at the same time, the poster makes it clear, you might not stay as a Delta Recruit.

It is beginning to sound like I need to take the chance of restarting the Tutorial, and hope I get to keep my status as a Delta Recruit. :(