test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"The 2400" arc is desperately in need of a revamp.

With the new update and the new DS9 interiors and exteriors, this arc is seriously in need of a full revamp. I was honestly surprised it didn't get one with the update, but I get why it would be lower priority. However, it feels seriously awkward to suddenly jump to the old, giant version of the promenade. I realize the new, smaller promenade would require a rework of the whole thing, but that's all the more why I feel like they should have worked it into the budget for the update. IIRC, you enter the station in the habitat ring anyway, so maybe you just have to work your way into the promenade area.

Also, maybe we could get somebody to voice Kurland's lines properly.

Even without a total rework, it's also currently kind of broken. It gets confused between Weyoun and Eraun several times (It even played both of their voicework overlaid on one another at one point,) and since the last mission beams you to the old ops, you immediately get beamed back out into space and the mission queues aren't clear on where you're supposed to go or what you're supposed to do to finish. If you don't already know you're supposed to talk to Kurland, it's easy to get stuck there. I'm also pretty sure my character referred to Garak by the name of the old ambassador at least once.

Comments

• Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    it was tested with the new map... did not work well so no plans to change old ds9 map for missions.
  • Options
    heavensrunheavensrun Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    Yeah, I would figure that much. The new map is tiny compared to the old one. That's why I said it needs a rework, rather than just a transplant.

Honestly, while I enjoyed it when it came out, I've always felt like it could be tightened up. proper voicework for Kurland, maybe a line or so emphasising that your goal at the end is to neutralize DS9's defense.

Previous expansions included refinement and reworks for dated mission content, I think this would've fit in pretty well to that pattern. And they did -try-, it seems, but it's just not quite there.
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    The end of kurland here would be a sad day indeed, I doubt even the universe would survive.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    heavensrunheavensrun Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    gradii wrote: »
    The end of kurland here would be a sad day indeed, I doubt even the universe would survive.

But think about the possibilities it could open up! Kurland could even be...-there-.
  • Options
    amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    The first (and last) episode would need significant work, notably a new map taking you from the conference room to the outer docking ring via one of the three primary crossover bridges. You'd need a bigger area for combat, and since DS9 was originally an ore processing station, and on the chance that they had cargo that they couldn't intra-station transport, then I'd imagine that the crossovers could have housed transfer tunnels and walkways from the core of the station to the cargo bays/docking ring.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"