test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What aliens would you like to see in future installments.

I enjoy the fact that the development team try to expand on material that the Star Trek franchise hasn't explore like the Tzenkethi and the Hur'q. I'm wondering what aleins would you all like to see get more exposure?

I'd like to see the Chodak. They were the villians in a TNG game from the 90s. In the console version they were green men and in the PC version called Star Trek Finale Unity they were giant egg head creatures; they were awesome and I love them. It would be awesome to have villians from a old ST video game return in a game like Star Trek Online.

So what other aliens would you guys like to see?

Comments

• duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    *Points to avatar*

Beyond him, Fesarians (aka First Federation, aka the Tranya guy) could be fun in a post-TOS setting. I'd also get a kick of bringing the Wadi back for a one off episode or queue where their tastes have moved on to the STO equivalent of Japanese game shows.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • robert#4620 robert Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    Well if that's the case. I'm curious if we can see the Allasomorphs (from TNG episode Dauphin) encouter the Changlings.
  • davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    Playable Vorta, Wadi, Dosi, Karemma, Pardan, Ennis, Argrathi, Rakhari, Skrrea, and Yaderan for Dominion Faction. It has been said that the Dominion is the "anti-federation" (as opposed to mirror federation aka Terran Empire). There is no reason why that the Dominion Faction cannot be a full fledged playable power on par with the Empire or Federation. All of those species has enough material for Dominion players to have a full fledged character progression.
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,844 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    *Points to avatar*

Beyond him, Fesarians (aka First Federation, aka the Tranya guy) could be fun in a post-TOS setting. I'd also get a kick of bringing the Wadi back for a one off episode or queue where their tastes have moved on to the STO equivalent of Japanese game shows.

considering they have the curtains for the Firt Federation I suspect we will see them sooner than later.. and sad to say, a Lockbox Fesarius

that said, I don't even care if they are playable, but I would lover to see us revisit some places, like the lava guys that look like lincoln, the gangsters, a trip to the shore leave planet, find out what is going on with Ekos, did they do away with the N A Z Is or did thy eveolve them?
    Spock.jpg

• sanatobasanatoba Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    Yeah, the Allasomorphs would be cool. But so would the Chameloids (Star Trek 6) and the Vendorians (TAS). And don't forget that weird shapeshifting creature that almost got Geordi in TNG (episode Aquiel)? Talk about a heyday of a mission if they were all together with a Founder.

I want to see more of the Binars and the Proto-Vulcan humanoids. I'd love to see the Binars utilized more effectively into Starfleet and some of the Proto-Vulcan humanoids integrated into the Romulan Republic. Done right, I think it would make an awesome story line.
    Been Playing STO as much as I can for 11+ Years!

"Never Surrender! Never give up Hope!"
    "Prosperity and Success in everything you do."
    "To Boldly go.........well punch it already!"
    "To Be or Not To Be"....Alas, the Foundry is Not To Be. We Shall miss Thee, dear Friend!
    "Does anyone remember when we used to be explorers?"- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Thank You, Cryptic......even when I don't agree with all your decisions....Thank You for Star Trek Online!
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    Accurate Caitians, and through that cooler Ferasans.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    Probably would like a species I wouldn't mind using my upgraded weapons on:

-Sheliak (are they related to Excalbians?)
    -Sphere builders
    -Xindi
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    Selay and Anticans, preferably for Romulan and KDF respectively, but anywhere will do.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    It would be nice if they had the rights to the Idryll from Star Trek: Elite Force 2, they are pretty simple since they have pointed ears and glowy eyes. It's too bad that the game doesn't have a glowy eyes option for aliens. Also the Vohrsoth and Etherian aliens from Star Trek - Voyager: Elite Force 1 would be interesting.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »
    It would be nice if they had the rights to the Idryll from Star Trek: Elite Force 2, they are pretty simple since they have pointed ears and glowy eyes. It's too bad that the game doesn't have a glowy eyes option for aliens. Also the Vohrsoth and Etherian aliens from Star Trek - Voyager: Elite Force 1 would be interesting.
    Elite Force is an Activision game series so anything from them is pretty much a "never gonna happen".

• avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    I did say "It would be nice if they had the rights to" ;) I do not expect it would actually happen.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    jexsamx wrote: »
    Selay and Anticans, preferably for Romulan and KDF respectively, but anywhere will do.
    Both the Anticans and Selay joined the Federation.

They were prospects for joining the Federation and it was never confirmed if they ever joined the Federation, there was never any mention after the episode that it was the case either with any certainty. it would be nice if there were though.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    Playable Hazari, playable Hirogen.
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    Wookies.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    Because I like non-humanoid races, so the Sheliaks. They can be allies of the Hur'q (if they can have allies).
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    Typhoon Pact, Formation Between the Tholians, Tzenkethi and other races that really hate the alliance powers. Its a concept from the Novels but they can add the formation of it later during this time period to counteract the Alliance.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Who cares which in the game? The aliens I was hoping to see: "Phoenix Lights" in the night sky here.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    tmassx wrote: »
    Because I like non-humanoid races, so the Sheliaks. They can be allies of the Hur'q (if they can have allies).

some non humanoids have their own priorities not fully understood by others. it is hard to know what the sheliak are like. we only get a small role from them and that is pretty thin. but good news is that because there isn't a lot on them, cryptic have creative room to use.
    Typhoon Pact, Formation Between the Tholians, Tzenkethi and other races that really hate the alliance powers. Its a concept from the Novels but they can add the formation of it later during this time period to counteract the Alliance.

With CBS being the owner of Simon and Schuster, it might only require the various authors to sign off on it otherwise i can't see much reason some stuff from the Typhon pact can't be incorperated into the game. however the STO canon universe would require it to be adapted a bit for the typhon universe to make an apperance.
  • shinku#4469 shinku Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    You know we all want this as playable!
    640?cb=20071130174606
    lucky_star_trek_by_primantis-d389ufa.jpg
    edited June 2018
    They were prospects for joining the Federation and it was never confirmed if they ever joined the Federation, there was never any mention after the episode that it was the case either with any certainty. it would be nice if there were though.
    The Star Trek Star charts, which Cryptic uses to base its in-game maps off of, lists both Antica and Selay as Federation member worlds.

"based off" are big words.
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    Both the Anticans and Selay joined the Federation.

They were prospects for joining the Federation and it was never confirmed if they ever joined the Federation, there was never any mention after the episode that it was the case either with any certainty.

This. While it's probably they joined the Federation, there's a certain irony in neither of them having joined and ending up with other factions. Plus it would add some much needed diversity to the Romulans and give Klingons their first unique addition in ages.

I'll settle for Federation, though.
  • robert#4620 robert Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Ive been thinking about the Sheliak as well!

I believe they have great postential for mini games in a mission dealing with them. Like how we can find loopholes in the "Treaty of Ames" to out wit them.
  • dheffernandheffernan Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    I'd settle for Federation Gorns.
    @Venture-1. @Venture from City of Heroes if you remember that. Yes, that Venture. Yes, I probably trashed your MA arc. You'll have to be specific; for me it was Tuesday.