test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Claiming Ship Cards without claiming Ships

Actual I have to claim about 50 Ships and dismiss them to get all Ship Cards.

It would be nice to claim just the Ship Cards for all unlocked Event/Zen Ships.

Since Romulan and Jem Hadar can use ships of their allies, Romulan and Dominion Ship Cards could be made available to other races too.

Comments

• lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    I agree with this 100%. I don't own 50 ships, but I have some that I got in free giveaways that I will likely never use, so not having to claim them to get the card would be nice.
  • sirmaydaysirmayday Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    Y'know, I considered this when I was updating my Romulan toon's admiralty set this afternoon and thought, "Maybe I'm just being too picky." Glad to see I wasn't; I definitely would've liked to just claim the 30 or so cards instead of going through the rigamarole of claiming/unpacking and dismissing ships. I can only imagine how it'll be on my Jem'hadar, since he won't already have previous event ships in his set.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    OMG....they soooo need to fix this. For EVERYBODY's SANITY!
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    I so support this, it would make life much less tedious. I had over 80 ships for the Federation alone before getting the Dominion/Cardassian bundle.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    Definitely a QoL improvement.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User
    Even if it's just claiming the cards one at time would be a huge help.

They said they really didn't want to have the server impact of giving everyone their cards immediately when Admiralty launched, so a 'Claim All' button might be too intense a server load when there's a major influx of new toons (like now). However, claiming one at time manually should be a lot less intense than loading a ship, verifying that it loaded by hitting the DOff window back up, then dismissing. It'd have to be coded in and added to the UI, possibly even with a delay to prevent people spamming it too hard.
  • generalkertag#2364 generalkertag Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    (flame/troll post removed) - darkbladejk
    Post edited by darkbladejk on
    2j4zi3k.jpg

• tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Definitely a QoL improvement.

And a pretty often request one.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    (flame/troll post removed - darkbladejk

And I have 50+ ships to claim and like 14 or so slots for them.

So it's not just the handful of clicks to "claim" the ships, it's having to get a ship selector working and then dismissing 13ish ships so that I can head over to claim more.

And for a Jemmie that might only "keep" two or three, because his plan is to get through most of his recruit stuff then retire further than my KDFs, so he only "needs" his Fed Temporal Sci Nautilus and maybe to hang onto his starter?

Yeah, an option to claim cards without necessarily claiming ships would be pleasant and save a lot of typing U.S.S. something repeatedly...
    Post edited by darkbladejk on
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    > @dareau said:
    >
    > Yeah, an option to claim cards without necessarily claiming ships would be pleasant and save a lot of typing U.S.S. something repeatedly...

I often rename my ships upon claim to "abc" and the like to quickly discard them afterwards. In the end this might take the same time but it feels quicker xD
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    This would definitely be a nice addition to the game.

Maybe next to the 'Claim' button they could have a 'Claim Admiralty' option? That would be fantastic!
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • lapprenticellapprenticel Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    I'm in the process of claiming about 15 ships on each toon with 3 toons to go but taking a break as it's kinda taxing. One trick I use is to call each new ship either abc or 123. Makes the ship much easier to dismiss than the default name, though the USS, RRW etc prefix is sadly unavoidable.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    Well, they could put Admiralty cards in a box, similar to the Assimilated Sovereign and Phoenix Admiralty Card boxes in the Promotions Tab. Then make a new reclaim tab in the Dilithium Store just for Admiralty. Any time a new ship is acquired on the account, said ship's Admiralty Card box is added to the Admiralty Reclaim tab.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Well, they could put Admiralty cards in a box, similar to the Assimilated Sovereign and Phoenix Admiralty Card boxes in the Promotions Tab. Then make a new reclaim tab in the Dilithium Store just for Admiralty. Any time a new ship is acquired on the account, said ship's Admiralty Card box is added to the Admiralty Reclaim tab.

That would add a lot of clutter. A simple card pack that has all your available ships would be much better. Right now in SWTOR I have 10 pages of emote unlock cause over time I bought things off their exchange and stacked up a huge pile of unlocks to click individually on new characters.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
    edited June 2018
    I still think it would be easier to just have 2 'claim' buttons. 1 to claim the ship, 1 to claim the card.

The ship claim would still claim the card as well, it would function exactly is it does currently, the other button would just not actually give you a ship. That way you could just open the ship tab and click the admiralty claim for everything you wanted and be done with it.

Unfortunately, I can already see the argument coming on why they would shoot this down.. it goes a little something like this..

'After examining the possibilities with this system, we are concerned that players would click the claim admiralty only button and then complain that they didn't receive the ship. Because people can't read or handle basic comprehension, we're going to go ahead and not implement this feature that all the non stupid players really really want.'

Ok, maybe they wouldn't word it exactly like that.. but you get the idea.
  • mez83mez83 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    I like the idea of special tab in the dil store for admrialty cards, it would be like claiming starship traits is now
    mez83 wrote: »
    I like the idea of special tab in the dil store for admrialty cards, it would be like claiming starship traits is now

Also a good idea.
  • sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    What's even more of a PITA is that unless I'm very much mistaken I'm going to have to earn the masteries for every T6 ship my new toon has access to. Time to sort which starship traits are unlocked account-wide and which are not.

Admiralty cards aren't too much of an issue for the moment since a new toon only gets 3 slots but as more are unlocked it will become a serious problem.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Yeah, now I have three Romulan Characters that will need to claim all those Federation C-Store Ships. I have every C-Store Ship for all Factions and all Event Ships, so the Jem'Hadar Vanguard Character will be very busy.

When doing a big claim, I too do rename ships 'abc' and a do copy/paste of the Faction standard prefix with the trailing space (u.s.s. ).
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    For this. Don't put the "Claim Admiralty" button in either the C-store or Dil store. Since the admiralty cards are character only.

Put it in the Bottom Left of the Admiralty Window. This way, claiming the cards with it, can't be abused with saying "I didn't get my ship when I claimed it." The main thing here, you'd still need to claim the ship on one character, in order to unlock the admiralty card for all other chars.

To help with this, and so that people wouldn't have to claim previously claimed ships again. Add a "Compile Admiralty" function. This way, you sign in to a character that has all these Adm cards you're talking, i.e. cash shop ones, compile a deck from it. This way, it will compile them for the factions as well. Then with a new character, claim unpacks this compiled deck.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • grayfrethgrayfreth Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Own very nearly every cstore ship and having to claim, name, type in name and delete everyone one of them to get the admiralty card is murder and kind of makes me regret buying all those ships lol. There isnt some way the system can see what you have access to and give you those admiralty cards? Wowzers, please?