test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC]The Gamma Vanguard and Starter Packs are Live in the C-store!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
The Gamma Vanguard Pack and Gamma Starter Pack - two of the best deals to get you started with #VictoryisLife, are available now on the C-store on PC!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10918633

Comments

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Yes, and at 13,000 Zen or just about what you get for the $100 Zen Bundle with Bonus, pre-ordering the Gamma Vanguard Pack at $129.99 now seems a bit foolish.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2018
    This is probably gonna be a dumb question, however... @ambassadorkael#6946

Assuming I don't have the Zen/funds to purchase a Gamma pack right now, will purchasing the Jem'Hadar Vanguard race lock me out of purchasing the Gamma pack later?

Edit: Just read in-game in the description for the starter pack (which includes the vanguard race) that it unlocks a discount for the full gamma pack. So I'll take that route. And grab the full pack, with discount, at a later date.
    Post edited by orion0029 on
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Was hoping there'd be an optional split of the big pack between jems and spoonheads.

Looks like I'll be waiting for a ship sale and spending less zen in the store as a result.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Yes, and at 13,000 Zen or just about what you get for the $100 Zen Bundle with Bonus, pre-ordering the Gamma Vanguard Pack at $129.99 now seems a bit foolish.

introductory price of 13,000 zen. it'll go up afterwards.
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    orion0029 wrote: »
    This is probably gonna be a dumb question, however... @ambassadorkael#6946

Assuming I don't have the Zen/funds to purchase a Gamma pack right now, will purchasing the Jem'Hadar Vanguard race lock me out of purchasing the Gamma pack later?

Considering Cryptic's decisions or bundling with such things in the past with packages that contain one or more items or services already owned by a player, most recently that Elite Starter Pack, not a dumb question at all.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User

>Feels Foolish<

You got me this time Cryptic. Well played. :|

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    So one thing people have noticed, is that you can purchase the Starter pack, and the Vanguard pack is discounted by 2000 zen, becoming 11k zen instead.
    So if you don't have enough right now, there's literally nothing to lose by getting the starter pack now.

@ambassadorkael#6946 Any chance we can see this retroactively for the other packs? I have the LoR Starter pack, but never got the Legacy pack, and don't want to shell out 16k zen for duplicate stuff.

As @blackbeltdarmok said in game chat: Victory is Lag.
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • fruitvendor12fruitvendor12 Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    Part of building wealth is avoiding impulse buys.

The standard pattern is hype hooks some people on the "be the first kid on the block" and the "quantities are limited buy now!".

And invariably the same things get significantly discounted over time.

I don't have a problem with folks willing to pay the steep premium to be the first kid on the block. Just speaking personally I'm happy to be the last kid on the block. Few things are more satisfying than buying a very nice dinner for the same price someone else paid for dessert and a quick sugar high.

More power to Cryptic. This is proven marketing. In the meantime I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round.
  • starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited June 2018

Can you care to explain for those using Dollars? I need some convincing normal-1.gif

Do you STILL get the bonus with the C store purchase or those just with the website packs?​​
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Ferengi themed deals ftw!

Jokes aside, I almost got stung like this renewing my antivirus

From the 'renew now or watch your computer die smoking and flailing!' coercion screen, the cost of renewing a year was £59...

...when I googled for cheaper prices, direct from macmafees site where the renew was also...

£15

So I hate to say it but buyer beware
  • wilberforce42wilberforce42 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hmm... So, cost of pre-ordering the Vanguard pack: GBP 99.99
    It goes live in C-store for 13,000 Zen, which equates to GBP 79.99 for the 12,000 Zen pack (plus 1,200 bonus) and I'd have had extra Zen spare.
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    Part of building wealth is avoiding impulse buys.

The standard pattern is hype hooks some people on the "be the first kid on the block" and the "quantities are limited buy now!".

And invariably the same things get significantly discounted over time.

I don't have a problem with folks willing to pay the steep premium to be the first kid on the block. Just speaking personally I'm happy to be the last kid on the block. Few things are more satisfying than buying a very nice dinner for the same price someone else paid for dessert and a quick sugar high.

More power to Cryptic. This is proven marketing. In the meantime I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round.

Gotta disagree here. It is not like pre-ordering gave them to you earlier than today where you can get them. Considering that pre-orders are what keeps the cash flow in during development, you want to encourage it, and as a company dependent on longtime consumer satisfaction, I consider this a questionable decision.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    Lucky I bought it with Zen after launch, presently £20 cheaper than the pre-order price and I still have 3000 Zen left over.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    Question how long is this discount on the pack going to last?
  • gespensterjaegergespensterjaeger Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    There is no jem hadar bridge officers listed or jem hadar EV suits listed in the C store pack on the homepage info ??
    they dont look identical to me ?
    If only they fix Cloaking bugg :( *new message BOOM decloacked.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    I noticed the Jem'Hadar Type 8 hull material is available on my T6 Strike ship and my T5-U JHDC, which ships do I have to buy to unlock the material on those two ships? All it says in the customization window is that it will cost 3k zen, doesn't say which ship.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    > @thevampinator said:
    > Question how long is this discount on the pack going to last?

Good question.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Question how long is this discount on the pack going to last?

even if the price goes up... if you wait long enough it'll be back on sale again... 20% to 50% off then.
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    I believe the largest sale on packs was 30% during one or two of their daily flash sales.

Assuming this pack will be 16k Zen like the other expansion packs, it's almost on 20% sale right now. That's good enough for a purchase (not counting the fact I don't want to lose time with a non-Vanguard Jem'hadar character).

Other than that, thanks Cryptic for seling the pack in the C-store right away. I expected it and snatched it right away. (It's a lot of ships, AKA Asscards, and hey, I get a Galor!)
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • sitaillyriasitaillyria Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    i'd have loved to post something strongly constructive, but that's not for this time...
    Yes, of course i thank Perfect world for the "victory of life", that seems rather cool after a little time spent on it.

BUT i feel sincerely angry to see that the SAME DAY, the zen-store promo pack and the pre-orders are able to claim the same items BUT at DIFFERENT PRICES !
    Everywhere, in most of cases, pre-orders are getting MORE, for rewarding their fidelity, anticipating, and cash flow before the official release. That seems winner-winner to me.
    But here : not a single bonus for pre-ordering, and even worse : MORE EXPENSIVE than for newer buyers ! if you add that everybody is able to claim all that exactly at the same time... i don't like what i'd want to say about all that...

so, thank you for the new season , but really no thanks for the "so bad" marketing methods, that i'll remember for the next times !
    edited June 2018
    There is no jem hadar bridge officers listed or jem hadar EV suits listed in the C store pack on the homepage info ??
    they dont look identical to me ?
    They are identical. I got it off the C-Store day one and got the EV suit and BOFFs. Unfortunately, the pack doesn't unlock the 500 (or 550, I forget) store item EV suit, even though we still get it (it's deposited in inventory directly). Not sure why, seems like the same issue the Enterprise pack has with not unlocking the NX replica separately.
    i'd have loved to post something strongly constructive, but that's not for this time...
    Yes, of course i thank Perfect world for the "victory of life", that seems rather cool after a little time spent on it.

BUT i feel sincerely angry to see that the SAME DAY, the zen-store promo pack and the pre-orders are able to claim the same items BUT at DIFFERENT PRICES !
    Everywhere, in most of cases, pre-orders are getting MORE, for rewarding their fidelity, anticipating, and cash flow before the official release. That seems winner-winner to me.
    But here : not a single bonus for pre-ordering, and even worse : MORE EXPENSIVE than for newer buyers ! if you add that everybody is able to claim all that exactly at the same time... i don't like what i'd want to say about all that...

so, thank you for the new season , but really no thanks for the "so bad" marketing methods, that i'll remember for the next times !

I mean, it seems odd on their part, but this isn't the first time they've done this.
  • worgausworgaus Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    phoenix841 wrote: »
    So one thing people have noticed, is that you can purchase the Starter pack, and the Vanguard pack is discounted by 2000 zen, becoming 11k zen instead.
    So if you don't have enough right now, there's literally nothing to lose by getting the starter pack now.

@ambassadorkael#6946 Any chance we can see this retroactively for the other packs? I have the LoR Starter pack, but never got the Legacy pack, and don't want to shell out 16k zen for duplicate stuff.

As @blackbeltdarmok said in game chat: Victory is Lag.

I like that they did this. I went ahead and got the starter pack because of it, actually. It might be a while before I'm able to get the full Gamma pack, and it's nice to have a new ship and access to the Vanguard in the meantime.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    The EV Suit is not unlocked as you only get one per Character, so since you can claim for free one EV suit, you will have to purchase any other copies for that Character. AoY EV suit worked similarly. The Jem'Hadar Boff Pack is claimable in the Personnel Tab, again just once per Character.

For all this to occur one of your Characters must first Claim the Vanguard Pack. That unlocks the Cardassian Intel Ship Bundle, the T5 Dominion Ship Bundle, the Galor and all the other stuff. The write up at the bottom of the Vanguard Pack explains where to find boosts, R&D, etc.

The Jem'Hadar Vanguard Ships are not claimable by non Jem'Hadar Vanguard Characters until the Tier 6 Mastery for a ship has been completed.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • pwemademedothispwemademedothis Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    I pre-ordered the starter pack. Can I redeem without Arc?
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    I ended up getting starter packs for LTS and F2P accounts.

2k for what is effectively a factionless t6 ship seemed like a good deal and after using my f2p to check it out went ahead on my LTS.
    I pre-ordered the starter pack. Can I redeem without Arc?

Try here: https://www.arcgames.com/en/redeem
  • sgtdave66sgtdave66 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    The Gamma Vanguard Pack and Gamma Starter Pack - two of the best deals to get you started with #VictoryisLife, are available now on the C-store on PC!

So if I preordered the big pack How to I claim it in game?
    edited June 2018
    sgtdave66 wrote: »

Redeem your code either in Arc, or at the link I posted above, then go into the C-store and claim it. You may need to close and relaunch STO after entering the code, if it doesn't unlock right away.
  • sgtdave66sgtdave66 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    phoenix841 wrote: »
    sgtdave66 wrote: »

Redeem your code either in Arc, or at the link I posted above, then go into the C-store and claim it. You may need to close and relaunch STO after entering the code, if it doesn't unlock right away.

But where do I get the CODE from? it wasn't included in my email receipt from ARC.