test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Watch these DS9 Episodes before Victory is Life!

2»

Comments

• Options
    bassmas314bassmas314 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    In addition to the episodes listed on the original blog, I would also recommend the pilot episode; "Emissary" parts 1 & 2, as it introduces a lot of the characters players will be meeting in the upcoming expansion.
  • Options
    azyurionazyurion Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    Want to binge some Deep Space Nine before the launch of Victory is Life? These are the episodes we recommend:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10908983-watch-these-deep-space-nine-episodes-before-victory-is-life!

For players new to "Star Trek : Deep Space 9" content, or, those who haven't watched the series in a while it's also a good idea to start with the very first episode "The Emissary" (S1,E1). This will update you on all of the primary characters, their relationships and the series' "hook" (premise). It will also give J.G. Hertzler fans an opportunity to see him in his first Star Trek appearance (credited as John Noah Hertzler), as both a Vulcan Star Fleet officer and a Wormhole Alien (Bajoran Prophet).
  • Options
    phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    I'll just break out my ol' DS9 DVD sets...

2bgxyj.jpg

Downloads are illegal.

Netflix has some minor edits here and there because most episodes are still the "TV version", some episodes on the discs are extended.. On the Blue-Ray TNG we got the extended episode of the "Measure of a man" which is now around 90 minutes long.

But yeah, a lot of conversations are cut from the Netflix version because the episodes are the TV version and needs to be specific length for airtime.

Plus they have other issues..

And if you all bought like.. Huge ammounts of DVD's and Blue-Ray's from Paramount.. Maybe they'd have the money for making Voyager and Deep Space 9 into Blue-Ray instead of them telling us the sales of said Blue-Ray's like TNG and TOS was... Disappointing..

Well, I have all of ST on my computer too.... ripped from the DVD sets I own.
    So both can be true.

Anyway, I was planning to watch DS9 as well, so I was happy to get a quick refresher list specifically for the game.

Speaking of, supposedly in the last episode, Weyoun was on his last clone when he was killed.
    How was he brought back? Was it just an issue because the wormhole was inaccessible, or something else (my thought was always genetic degradation due to cloning process)?
    I played the content on tribble and didn't catch anything about it (though I could have missed it, as I forgot about that until I rewatched it).
    I don't need the exact answer, but if the game does answer that question, that's good enough.
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • Options
    jrdobbsjr#3264 jrdobbsjr Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    As long as they have samples of the original, shouldn't they be able to make unlimited 1st gen copies? Replicative fading would only be when you copy the copies, right?
  • Options
    phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    As long as they have samples of the original, shouldn't they be able to make unlimited 1st gen copies? Replicative fading would only be when you copy the copies, right?

Sure, I'm just trying to find an explanation for that. Either way, it's a plot hole I'd like to see resolved. :smiley:
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).