test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

After VIL the next focus really needs to be Klingon

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    ichaerus1 wrote: »
    Yech. You need to show Thraak some fashion love. Might I suggest the Voth reputation Heavy Armor set, or finding a tailor/seamstress willing to stuff him into some Bortasqu' leather? :grin:

I don't like the armor look on the KDF side. None of my characters pick any of that stuff up.

Besides...I took that on my Delta Recruit. They have nothing done. And they never will.
    No Rep, no R&D, no Specialization... nothing. LOL!
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Yech. You need to show Thraak some fashion love. Might I suggest the Voth reputation Heavy Armor set, or finding a tailor/seamstress willing to stuff him into some Bortasqu' leather? :grin:

I don't like the armor look on the KDF side. None of my characters pick any of that stuff up.

Besides...I took that on my Delta Recruit. They have nothing done. And they never will.
    No Rep, no R&D, no Specialization... nothing. LOL!

But....think of all the dilithium you can funnel from those pylons to your main via capping reputations! That's a lot of pink crystal left lying on the table!
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Honestly... the Fek'lhri would make sense during ViL if they follow up with the the mention of the Hur'q during the Fek'lhri arc.

Wait...what's wrong with just using the Hur'Q if your objective is to buff the role of the KDF in STO? They're the Hur'Q!

PS for the thread: replay season 14. The intro is through the Lukari. The outro is through the Tzenkethi. The meat is Klingon. This isn't a season playing out exclusively to KDF sensibilities, it's bringing their role in the STO universe to the forefront. Ie. it's better because it's not just providing self-affirmation to your character choice but letting that shine through drama and character relationships in a wider universe (that everyone has access to.)

Yes, it would be nice if Qo'Nos was updated. But, I think Cryptic can do far better for the Klingons than simply giving them more intro arcs (that play to old sensibilities and familiar scenarios.) Let's, you know, go further with the opportunity afforded.

Miral Paris the Kuvah'magh I think they should do a story arc on her. Maybe she is the only one who can save the klingon Empire maybe she is the reason Klingon's Later Join the Federation. It is worth exploring and I would like to see that happen.

So yes I do think they should focus on Klingons and the Kuvah'magh.

They already did. Miral as the Kuvah'magh is one of the major connecting arcs of the FED intro missions. Through B'vat's machinations (and defeat), she's ultimately credited with countering the augment virus in the 23c.

patrickngo wrote: »

the problem is, cryptic's writing staff can't, and anything that draws attention away from their overall macro-plot of everyone coming together in a giant Federation ruled from Earth is not going to be given the green light anyway.

Brushfire is a good mission, you should play it. ;)

I know, they did that one but they should have her play a more bigger role later on. Yes her Dna Cured the Augment Virus but I'm sure there is much more to the Kuvah'magh then just that.
  • schloopdooschloopdoo Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    I was impressed with how Klingon-centric the Iconian War and Tzenkethi arcs were, and was very pleasantly surprised to see the House of Torg come back for a final beating. There are T6 Orion, Lethean, and Ferasan ships in the store now, and T6 Gorn science ships. These are all things that I had given up on seeing. The KDF isn't doing badly. The biggest thing hurting the faction is years of momentum based on (1) not being playable at level 1 until Legacy of Romulus and (2) the amount of time that it takes to get a Fleet Starbase to Tier 5 in all three wings.
    But....think of all the dilithium you can funnel from those pylons to your main via capping reputations! That's a lot of pink crystal left lying on the table!

You sound like my Armada Leader. LOL!

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    Maybe we could focus on how the Klingons are a bunch of big babies hiding behind the Federation during the Hur'q conflict.
    Maybe we could focus on how the Klingons are a bunch of big babies hiding behind the Federation during the Hur'q conflict.

I suppose it's a change of pace from the norm of having the Federation **** the bed from all the other problems they cause.

OH sweetie...the long time Klingon faction players could give a TRIBBLE about begging for improvements.

Besides it is our honor to give you Feddies the first kill. By all means, be my guest...on you go...so we can sit back here and watch. We might even pick up some pointers. After all, the front line IS the best place to be to come out ahead in a battle.

May Darwin be with you.

schloopdoo wrote: »
    I was impressed with how Klingon-centric the Iconian War and Tzenkethi arcs were, and was very pleasantly surprised to see the House of Torg come back for a final beating. There are T6 Orion, Lethean, and Ferasan ships in the store now, and T6 Gorn science ships. These are all things that I had given up on seeing. The KDF isn't doing badly. The biggest thing hurting the faction is years of momentum based on (1) not being playable at level 1 until Legacy of Romulus and (2) the amount of time that it takes to get a Fleet Starbase to Tier 5 in all three wings.

Of course! Someone needed to foot the butcher's bill during the Iconian "war" if you want to call it that. What with the **** writing thrown upon the Klingons, it was priming the pump towards getting the KDF to climb further into bed with the Federation, by delivering a crippling blow to the empire. Wasn't really the Federation that had their council wiped, or their homeworld invaded via Iconian shenanigans(Brotherhood of the Sword, and on New Romulus) or a leadership symbol taken off the board whilst looking like a chump(I believe Taris was the other one).

Storyline-wise, the Romulans and Klingons soaked a larger brunt of the beating.

You sound like my Armada Leader. LOL!

Ha! I was thinking of all the zen that each pylon can harvest via that sort of dilithium influx. I might need a break from the game, after doing the sweatshop thing with a lot of pylons over the span of a year. But it was worth it, I think.
    Honestly... the Fek'lhri would make sense during ViL if they follow up with the the mention of the Hur'q during the Fek'lhri arc.

Wait...what's wrong with just using the Hur'Q if the objective is to buff the role of the KDF in STO? They're the Hur'Q!

Anyway for the thread: replay season 14. The intro is through the Lukari. The outro is through the Tzenkethi. The meat is Klingon. This isn't a season playing out exclusively to KDF sensibilities, it's bringing their role in the STO universe to the forefront. Ie. it's better because it's not just providing self-affirmation to one's faction choice but letting that shine through drama and character relationships in a wider universe (that everyone has access to.)

Yes, it would be nice if Qo'Nos was updated. But, I think Cryptic can do much better for the Klingons than simply giving them more intro arcs (that play to old sensibilities and familiar scenarios.) Let's, you know, go further with the opportunity afforded by this post TNG game.

Miral Paris the Kuvah'magh I think they should do a story arc on her. Maybe she is the only one who can save the klingon Empire maybe she is the reason Klingon's Later Join the Federation. It is worth exploring and I would like to see that happen.

So yes I do think they should focus on Klingons and the Kuvah'magh.

They already did. ;)

Miral as the Kuvah'magh is one of the major connecting arcs of the FED intro missions. Through B'vat's machinations (and defeat), she's ultimately credited with countering the augment virus in the 23c.

the problem is, cryptic's writing staff can't, and anything that draws attention away from their overall macro-plot of everyone coming together in a giant Federation ruled from Earth is not going to be given the green light anyway.

Brushfire is a good mission, you should play it. ;)

I think I did. is that the one with the token Klingon "federation president" on "New Khitomer"? The one cowering in the corner because he's already been neutered and had his spine removed?

....Yes. Now that I think about it, that's an appropriate description.

On a side note, Torg's shag pad is pretty nice. I wish KDF captain's rooms looked that good.
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User

It is already there....one of the last scenes in "The Gates of Gre'thor":

[snip img]

Yeah, pretty sure she was talking about connecting back to that if the Fek are involved in the ViL arc.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    A Gorn insurrection isn't a civil war. The Duras are finished. There would need to be another reason.
    The Duras aren't finished. The entire Ja'rod arc seems to have been abandoned, though.

I'm pretty sure Duras was killed off by Worf and the Loremaster in Season 4 of DS9, "The Sword of Kahless".
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
    edited June 2018
    thetanine wrote: »
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    A Gorn insurrection isn't a civil war. The Duras are finished. There would need to be another reason.
    The Duras aren't finished. The entire Ja'rod arc seems to have been abandoned, though.

I'm pretty sure Duras was killed off by Worf and the Loremaster in Season 4 of DS9, "The Sword of Kahless".

Captain Ja'rod of the IKS Kang is "Killed to Death with a Bat'leth by Worf" Duras's grandson: son of Lursa (killed to death by Worf and Riker in Generations), father unknown, was fostered by Torg, son of Kormog (yes, that Torg), and reclaimed the House's titles in the Path to 2409. He used to be a recurring character in the Federation leveling missions, but most of his appearances were retconned away when Cryptic "revamped" those missions and he currently only has a speaking role in the Romulan mission "Turning Point".
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

• jrdobbsjr#3264 jrdobbsjr Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    I think I did. is that the one with the token Klingon "federation president" on "New Khitomer"? The one cowering in the corner because he's already been neutered and had his spine removed?

I don't remember seeing the Federation President in "Time and Tide".....but the Federation Ambassador there to sign the Temporal Accords for the Federation was a Klingon and by the time you fight your way through the TLF to get to him you find he and the Breen Ambassador have acquired weapons and are shooting it out with the Krenim, the only hostages that do so. In one of the blogs it is mentioned that the two had a bet going on who could shoot the most Krenim (who won wasn't revealed).

"It was a good day to die....for the Krenim!"

• baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,302 Community Moderator
    Magic 8 Ball says: Concentrate (on VIL) then ask again... :wink:
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    starswordc wrote: »

It is already there....one of the last scenes in "The Gates of Gre'thor":

[snip img]

Yeah, pretty sure she was talking about connecting back to that if the Fek are involved in the ViL arc.

Yup. We have a name drop at the end of the arc, and now we are about to FACE said name drop. How do the Fek'lhri relate to the Hur'q? Are the Fek'lhri to the Hur'q like the Servators to the Iconians or the Jem'Hadar to the Changelings? Were they a recon element? Were they meant to weaken the one species that actually repelled the Hur'q in the past?

INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW!
    latest?cb=20151013114237
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    I agree on this topic. KDF needs some love, one way or the other.
  • redbaroness#4883 redbaroness Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    agree also , KDF definitely need some attention, and some birds of prey .... hell i'd settle for t6 versions of bops already in game
    like the Norgh or Ning'tao, enough with the cruisers already lol
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    As far as I see it only the Romulan's actually needed more attention since they weren't a full faction.
    edited June 2018
    > @ruinthefun said:
    > I suspect that the reason that a Klingon has been appointed Federation ambassador is because since every single peace conference ever has ended in some kind of violent shootout, nobody else but a Klingon would even still want the job of being a conference attendee anymore.

:D Technically the one in "Surface Tension" didn't get attacked, the Undine just flew past it, but this made me LOL anyways.
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

• nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    I'd like to see an internal arc where house cleaning is done on both sides. Maybe elements of the Ferengi and Orions could be hatching some sort of internal plot of some kind for business reasons that ties it all together in the final missions for both sides.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
    Don't get your hopes up....they already have things planned for years out.
    And they don't pay OT to work on Klingon stuff.