test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Captain's Table - All New Players Start Here! (Community written guide to this forum)

2»

Comments

• dhus#8915 dhus Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    EDIT ; deleted was having problems posting. no help. pm for char bio
    Post edited by dhus#8915 on
  • dhus#8915 dhus Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    EDIT; posting bproblems, bio too long idk. no help
    pm for char. bio
    Post edited by dhus#8915 on
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Sorry, I read the topic title as "Captain's Table (RIP)." :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • yoursuperman#4948 yoursuperman Member Posts: 1 New User
    hey
  • darthvader123#8971 darthvader123 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    "I hate Romulan Ale..."
  • darthvader123#8971 darthvader123 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Why do the tier 5 and 6 ships cost ZEN? Also, why do you stop getting free ships at level 40, that means you only get 4 starships for free. And why can't all the cruisers use all kinds of dual cannons? It's not fair....
  • firepufffirepuff Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Why do the tier 5 and 6 ships cost ZEN? Also, why do you stop getting free ships at level 40, that means you only get 4 starships for free. And why can't all the cruisers use all kinds of dual cannons? It's not fair....

I'm not sure if you meant to post this in the roleplay introduction thread. It may be better posted to the regular discussion/feedback forums to get more responses and more visibility.

However, you could try saving up your energy credits for T5/T6 ships that are put up on the Exchange. That's how I got two of my tier 5 ships within a couple weeks of coming back from being away for 5 years. They can cost millions of EC, sure, but it's not too bad considering.
  • kaia#5221 kaia Member Posts: 1 New User
    *Enters the room and sits quietly in a corner watching and listening. Her deep, ruby red hair gleams in the light as she turns her head this way and that, her emerald and gold eyes taking in every detail and her slightly pointed ears twitching with interest. She sips slowly from a flask a slight puckering of her full, pink lips the only indication that it contains something other than water. Her uniform -standard issue blouse, skirt, and knee high boots - is neatly pressed and looks almost new, the lieutenant insignia shining from just above her full breast. The corners of her mouth are turned up slightly giving the impression of perpetual amusement. Her high cheekbones, arched brows, almost too slender nose sent is a small, slender face give her an almost Elven look as if she stepped out of an ancient Earth fairy tale. She is petite, barely 5'4", but slender of limb as she is full in figure. Her ancestry is difficult to determine on first examination as she has traits from various species including ridges on her nose, a slightly greenish cast to her skin, and the slightly pointed ears. She does not hail from the known worlds. Hers is deep in uncharted space and not part of this federation. She came to the civilized sectors as a student and tourist to learn of the people here and was impressed. She stayed, enlisted in Star Fleet, and now has graduated. She is here, breathing for a moment, taking in the locals, recent graduates, Starfleet officers, and the general flotsam before reporting for her orders.*
  • Hello everybody I started playing STO on PS4 around the 25th of October and up until now I have been enjoying it also got to up to Rear Admiral, Upper Half just yesterday.
    PSN: DextrolFront55
    Character: T’Raasa
    Race: Vulcan
    Faction: TOS Federation
    Career: Engineer

Alt Character: ???
    Race: ???
    Faction: DSC Federation
    Career: ???
  • anubis0sarvouranubis0sarvour Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    too tired atm to finish reading all this right now; so I will save a copy to finish reading when offline. Looks like a lot of good stuff.

Edit 1:
    Okay, I took the time to read most of it, while at least mostly awake. Many good points, and thank you for them!
    Since the RP portion of my "Starbase Catan" is not being done in STO Forums, should the Discussion page I started be moved from the Captain's Table sub-forum to the main Ten Forward forum? It would probably be more appropriate.

About Me:
    I've been an gamer and role-player since I was a kid in junior-high. By the time STO became a reality and went live with its Open Beta, I already had a handful of 'Trek Personas' from a lifetime of fandom.

RP Groups:
    Not really looking atm, as there are a few players I rp with in game from time to time as we are able, and I have a small group forming of former STO players and some who never tried it, and we are networked on enjin.com.
    Post edited by anubis0sarvour on
    3fe5520084f54ba06a859d0b2c824e771701473049.png
    The Borg Assimilator
    Live Long and Prosper.🖖[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • the76thrule#0927 the76thrule Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Hi, I'm The76thRule and I'm a noob (still waiting for STO to download).

I'm fairly familiar with online role-playing (I mod one rp on another site and have several OCs in it as well) but I'm still getting used to the way things work here. I've never done any dice-type role play though.

I'm fairly newish to the Star Trek fandom (almost through DS9, so that's mostly what I'm familiar with) so any tips or info would be appreciated (preferably without spoilers, but I know that's not always possible).

While I'm here, how do you use the color tags? Do you look up color codes?
    Does anyone else here watch Farscape? Only me? Okay then...
  • padalino240padalino240 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello All!!!
  • e3241e3241 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    I was wondering if they can do a ter 6 version of the titan ship! That’s an awesome design and I would love to play with it but, there’s not much I can do with it.
  • partyhat10#9696 partyhat10 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Hey there.

I'm an intermediate roleplayer, mostly interested in TOS and ST Movie-era stuff. My favorite OC is a TOS-era Vulcan (name Lechur) serving in Starfleet in 2266 on the USS Adventurer NCC-1844 (Pioneer-class).

If someone finds a good forum for me, i'll check it out.
  • partyhat10#9696 partyhat10 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I'm making a new RP, if anyone wants to join it:

Technology: Late TNG-era
    Uniform: 2364
    Combadge: Early TNG
    Kelvin and Temporal crossovers are allowed, at a minimum.
    Link: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1266623/star-trek-crossover-join/p1?new=1
  • theoneironaut#9638 theoneironaut Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi, i'm new. i don't know much about star trek world. I watched Star Trek: The Next Generation years ago, that's it. I started the tutorial today. I play as a science officer because i like science.