test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bajoran Life-span

marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
Do Bajorans have a long life-span? Kira and Leeta look way younger than there supposed to.

Comments

• Options
    lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    Actually I do think Bajorans do have a somewhat longer life span, not Vulcan long, but longer then humans and they age better. Actually even humans in Star Trek age better then humans today.
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    I think they run about the same as humans, but humans in Star Trek last a lot longer than they do in real life (Picard is over a hundred and only recently retired in the Path to 2409, and he and Beverly Crusher had their first child when she was 58). You can probably thank better nutrition and medical care for most of it.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    > @starswordc said:
    > I think they run about the same as humans, but humans in Star Trek last a lot longer than they do in real life (Picard is over a hundred and only recently retired in the Path to 2409, and he and Beverly Crusher had their first child when she was 58). You can probably thank better nutrition and medical care for most of it.

Yeah the lifespan has increased to 120 (based on real future predictions)
  • Options
    > @marty123#3757 said:
    > > @starswordc said:
    > > I think they run about the same as humans, but humans in Star Trek last a lot longer than they do in real life (Picard is over a hundred and only recently retired in the Path to 2409, and he and Beverly Crusher had their first child when she was 58). You can probably thank better nutrition and medical care for most of it.
    >
    > Yeah the lifespan has increased to 120 (based on real future predictions)

With higher quality of life and better health as well, so its not just how long they live and reduced effects of aging too.
  • Options
    captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    McCoy was 137 when he visited the Enterprise-D during its first mission. He looked pretty old, but was still walking around the corridors.

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Leonard_McCoy
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Also some people just look younger then they actually are, For example David Tennant looked like he was in his late 20s early 30s when he played the Doctor is Doctor Who but he was actually in his 40s.

Also Samuel L. Jackson (born 1948) and Ian McDiarmid (born 1944) are only 4 years apart but when you put the 2 men next to each other the age difference looks more like 15-20 years due to Jackson looking younger then his actual age.

While my examples where all male this happens with women as well I just couldn't think of a good example.

So it's possible that Kira and Leeta were both just examples of looking younger then they actually were instead of bajorans aging slower then humans.

EDIT:Also Kira is made to look younger then she'll be in game in the splash screen for Victory is Life same might be possible for Leeta as well.
  • Options
    > @spiritborn said:
    > Also some people just look younger then they actually are, For example David Tennant looked like he was in his late 20s early 30s when he played the Doctor is Doctor Who but he was actually in his 40s.
    >
    > Also Samuel L. Jackson (born 1948) and Ian McDiarmid (born 1944) are only 4 years apart but when you put the 2 men next to each other the age difference looks more like 15-20 years due to Jackson looking younger then his actual age.
    >
    > While my examples where all male this happens with women as well I just couldn't think of a good example.
    >
    > So it's possible that Kira and Leeta were both just examples of looking younger then they actually were instead of bajorans aging slower then humans.
    >
    > EDIT:Also Kira is made to look younger then she'll be in game in the splash screen for Victory is Life same might be possible for Leeta as well.

No I played the mission on tribble
  • Options
    davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    Do folks remember the episode "Dax", where Jadzia was on trial to be extradited to Klaestron IV? The Bajoran judge, Els Renora was over 100 years old, only appeared to be in her late 60s, and was still very active.
  • Options
    tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    Some people age better than others.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • Options
    > @azrael605 said:
    > Does Demi Moore look her age?

Celeberities don't count we all know they bath in the blood of virgins to.maintain their youthful appearance ;p
  • Options
    jbmonroejbmonroe Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    Two words: personal holoprojectors.
    boldly-watched.png
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    The length of the Bajoran life-span is simple: way too long!

#DukatWasRight
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    > @evilmark444 said:
    > The length of the Bajoran life-span is simple: way too long!
    >
    > #DukatWasRight

I sense some one needs to feel the love of the prophets. Let the rage and hate go and let the shining light and love of the prophets of Bajor in.
  • Options
    > @ruinthefun said:
    > lordgyor wrote: »
    >
    > Celeberities don't count we all know they bath in the blood of virgins to.maintain their youthful appearance ;p
    >
    >
    >
    > I doubt this is true, mostly because these days there aren't enough virgins to even take a quick sponge bath in. The real reason is that celebrities don't age much because plastic and silicone don't age much.
    If only we could be such cyborgs.
  • Options
    > @ruinthefun said:
    > You can, if you're an ultra-rich celebrity.

Celebrities don’t age because we live in a simulation
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    > @ruinthefun said:
    > You can, if you're an ultra-rich celebrity.

Celebrities don’t age because we live in a simulation

201502-matrix-scrst-2.png
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    starswordc wrote: »
    I think they run about the same as humans, but humans in Star Trek last a lot longer than they do in real life (Picard is over a hundred and only recently retired in the Path to 2409, and he and Beverly Crusher had their first child when she was 58). You can probably thank better nutrition and medical care for most of it.

Picard was an active man even at his age in Nemesis
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
      Picard was an active man even at his age in Nemesis

You'd move fast too if you was chased by aliens through out the movie. ( they was Star Trek fans, so he moved really fast )

Funny Crash, very funny :D
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
        -Lord Commander Solar Macharius