test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Announcing the DS9 Lock Box!

Comments

• questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    It's not that the ship, boff and traits are not interesting but to be honest i can no longer be bothered with all the lockbox stuff.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    szim wrote: »
    HOLO-KURLAND IS HERE!!!

Where's the next airlock? :#
    Considering he's from a lockbox, don't you mean the next airlockbox?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DI7YDIaU-4I
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,478 Arc User
    2beyh4.jpg

ROFL :)
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • wherrold#3824 wherrold Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Very curious to see the stats on the Jem'Hadar Light Battlecruiser. Also curious if it will be able to equip the existing Jem'Hadar three piece space set.

The Holo bridge officers look very nice. Like others, I would like to know if they are bound or can be traded. I could see myself opening 200 boxes for the Jem ship, with the only Boff dropping being Kurland and, if it's bound, that would not be my happiest moment. I need Weyon on my bridge.
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Cosmetics shouldn't be buried behind a chance of a chance. It's already a gamble box so why not have the cosmetics as one of the padding items?

Holo-kurland had me checking the date to make sure I'd not timeslipped back to april 1st.

I look forward to avoiding another gamblebox

Honest does feel like the Vanity Shields are a missed oportunity - they could've been used to make the otherwise pointless GPL store worthwhile.

If they did that, then there wouldn't be any vanity shields. They take time and effort to make, none of which would be recouped by putting them in the GPL store. There's basically no way to even give Cryptic money to get any substantial amount of GPL, like there is with diltihium or EC.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    HOLO-KURLAND IS HERE!!!

COMPUTER REMOVE THE PLANK
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Ah ha... here's where I wanted to put this:

HEY! Where is Moogie???? I like her. And I want her beads and baubles and garish robes for my Ferengi.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    cross821 wrote: »
    nommo#5819 wrote: »
    ...900 Lobi though for a raider, lol, only if it has better stats. I guess even the "Space Rich" Country Clubers need their top-of-the-line golf carts...

Twelve lobi are worth one Cardassian Lek so for a mere 75 Leks you can get an entire space ship. I wouldn't call this space rich. :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fuB6Mu72dc

Plus you can just buy it off a player for EC so you dont even need lobi.

I must've miss-read. If those Holo-BOFFs are indeed 12 Lobi per then that isn't so bad imo pending their traits. Better yet as stated buyable off the Exchange hopefully, but almost all Lobi gear bound?
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Implication of a kurland boff is that cryptic have thrown in the towel and are never going to fix the ai to enable away teams to do basic functions like walk through doors.
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    When you replicate bread from the replicators it is still bread. Likewise this is a Vorta made of photonic light. But it still a Vorta.​​

The more direct comparison is "when you simulate bread on the holodeck using photonic energy, it's still a simulation of bread. It has no substance, you cannot eat it. Likewise, Holo-Weyoun does not taste the same as real Weyoun. He is not a Vorta, he's a hologram made to resemble a Vorta."

And that carries a whole different set of behavioral parameters and physical responses. See. The Doctor in his entirety (through VOY) versus Zimmerman in his meatiness, or any hologram in Star Trek versus any humanoid life form. The major question was never "are they physically comparable?" (explicit answer: no.) It's whether a set of computer algorithms could become an emergent life form with its own unique characteristics (see again: The Doctor through his entire arc.)

PS. Attempting to eat holo-Kurland voids his warranty. Attempt at own risk.

Yeah, that's not consistent. Besides what @lordgyor said...
    lordgyor wrote: »
    It depends on the holotech you use. Holodecks originally used holomatter instead of magnetic fields and light. The Yareda used an Omicron Field to make physical objects (these might be biological beings created from particles in the field) then there are light and magnetic fields like the doctor, amd finally there are Isomorphic Projections that are the most advanced holograms, I don't think they are made of light, I don't know what they are made of.
    ... it's almost certain they can use replicators to generate physical objects for the holodeck (and I would bet they can do it without leaving). I doubt that the 18th century US Navy uniforms the Enterprise-D crew wore in Generations were standard supplies, and they were persistent off the holodeck as well. Not to mention O'Brien and Bashir's Battle of Britain holoprogram.

On a completely different note, can I just say that the Jem BC is hilariously OP? Srsly, LTC tac/intel, CDR engi, and CDR universal?
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • setalia#9914 setalia Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    tasshena wrote: »
    Oh god, a holographic Kurland. Will he keep saying "Kurland here" every time something happens? ;)

I hope so. I think I'm the only Kurland fan in the game. XD
    Love&Peace
    Seta
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    starswordc wrote: »
    When you replicate bread from the replicators it is still bread. Likewise this is a Vorta made of photonic light. But it still a Vorta.​​

The more direct comparison is "when you simulate bread on the holodeck using photonic energy, it's still a simulation of bread. It has no substance, you cannot eat it. Likewise, Holo-Weyoun does not taste the same as real Weyoun. He is not a Vorta, he's a hologram made to resemble a Vorta."

And that carries a whole different set of behavioral parameters and physical responses. See. The Doctor in his entirety (through VOY) versus Zimmerman in his meatiness, or any hologram in Star Trek versus any humanoid life form. The major question was never "are they physically comparable?" (explicit answer: no.) It's whether a set of computer algorithms could become an emergent life form with its own unique characteristics (see again: The Doctor through his entire arc.)

PS. Attempting to eat holo-Kurland voids his warranty. Attempt at own risk.

Yeah, that's not consistent. Besides what @lordgyor said...
    lordgyor wrote: »
    It depends on the holotech you use. Holodecks originally used holomatter instead of magnetic fields and light. The Yareda used an Omicron Field to make physical objects (these might be biological beings created from particles in the field) then there are light and magnetic fields like the doctor, amd finally there are Isomorphic Projections that are the most advanced holograms, I don't think they are made of light, I don't know what they are made of.
    ... it's almost certain they can use replicators to generate physical objects for the holodeck (and I would bet they can do it without leaving). I doubt that the 18th century US Navy uniforms the Enterprise-D crew wore in Generations were standard supplies, and they were persistent off the holodeck as well. Not to mention O'Brien and Bashir's Battle of Britain holoprogram.

On a completely different note, can I just say that the Jem BC is hilariously OP? Srsly, LTC tac/intel, CDR engi, and CDR universal?

costumes for holodeck are replicated before hand... so you can wear the appropriate costumes for the appropriate program you want to run.
  • mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    Setalia, I might not really be a Kurland fan but I don't mind him. I feel quite neutral towards him. He didn't bother me much really.

As for this lockbox I'm very disappointed to see nothing really to do with Bajorans and Cardassians, two species that played HUGE roles in Deep Space Nine over the seven seasons.
  • michaelsdstmichaelsdst Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    But....what colour are the Ferenginar Plasma weapons???
    GIVE US THE TYPHOON! Enough said...
    > @mikoto8472 said:
    > Setalia, I might not really be a Kurland fan but I don't mind him. I feel quite neutral towards him. He didn't bother me much really.
    >
    > As for this lockbox I'm very disappointed to see nothing really to do with Bajorans and Cardassians, two species that played HUGE roles in Deep Space Nine over the seven seasons.

Cardassians have their own lockbox already and they've got a bunch of stuff in one of the C-Store packs for the expansion. Bajor is a Federation member in STO, and the DS9 C-Store pack has a lot of their stuff and the anniversary added a Bajoran ship and equipment set.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

• lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    > @starswordc said:
    > duncanidaho11 wrote: »
    >
    > terranempire#7881 wrote: »
    >
    > When you replicate bread from the replicators it is still bread. Likewise this is a Vorta made of photonic light. But it still a Vorta.​​
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The more direct comparison is "when you simulate bread on the holodeck using photonic energy, it's still a simulation of bread. It has no substance, you cannot eat it. Likewise, Holo-Weyoun does not taste the same as real Weyoun. He is not a Vorta, he's a hologram made to resemble a Vorta."
    >
    > And that carries a whole different set of behavioral parameters and physical responses. See. The Doctor in his entirety (through VOY) versus Zimmerman in his meatiness, or any hologram in Star Trek versus any humanoid life form. The major question was never "are they physically comparable?" (explicit answer: no.) It's whether a set of computer algorithms could become an emergent life form with its own unique characteristics (see again: The Doctor through his entire arc.)
    >
    > PS. Attempting to eat holo-Kurland voids his warranty. Attempt at own risk.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yeah, that's not consistent. Besides what @lordgyor said... lordgyor wrote: »
    >
    > It depends on the holotech you use. Holodecks originally used holomatter instead of magnetic fields and light. The Yareda used an Omicron Field to make physical objects (these might be biological beings created from particles in the field) then there are light and magnetic fields like the doctor, amd finally there are Isomorphic Projections that are the most advanced holograms, I don't think they are made of light, I don't know what they are made of.
    >
    >
    >
    > ... it's almost certain they can use replicators to generate physical objects for the holodeck (and I would bet they can do it without leaving). I doubt that the 18th century US Navy uniforms the Enterprise-D crew wore in Generations were standard supplies, and they were persistent off the holodeck as well. Not to mention O'Brien and Bashir's Battle of Britain holoprogram.
    >
    >
    >
    > On a completely different note, can I just say that the Jem BC is hilariously OP? Srsly, LTC tac/intel, CDR engi, and CDR universal?

Yes they use basic replicator tech for food for example, because you can't or digest light.
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    > @mikoto8472 said:
    > Setalia, I might not really be a Kurland fan but I don't mind him. I feel quite neutral towards him. He didn't bother me much really.
    >
    > As for this lockbox I'm very disappointed to see nothing really to do with Bajorans and Cardassians, two species that played HUGE roles in Deep Space Nine over the seven seasons.

The DS9 lockbox is 1likely to be at least a 2 parter with a second DS9 lockbox.

Maybe a Cardassian Dreadnought Carrier and a Bajor Scout ship or something like that.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,240 Community Moderator
    shadowkosh wrote: »
    HOLO-KURLAND IS HERE!!!

COMPUTER REMOVE THE PLANK

Hahaha

tasshena wrote: »
    Oh god, a holographic Kurland. Will he keep saying "Kurland here" every time something happens? ;)

I hope so. I think I'm the only Kurland fan in the game. XD

Not true. Kurland is now my all-time favorite STO original character. In fact, I'm going to ask Kael to have them make the Holo-Kurland BOFF not unique, so that I can have an entire Kurland Away Team. :mrgreen:
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    The Maquis Raider first appeared on TNG so why is it in a DS9 related lock box?
    edited June 2018
    > @baddmoonrizin said:
    > Not true. Kurland is now my all-time favorite STO original character. In fact, I'm going to ask Kael to have them make the Holo-Kurland BOFF not unique, so that I can have an entire Kurland Away Team. :mrgreen:

"Kurland here!"
    "And here!"
    "Here, too!"
    "And also, here!"
    https://youtu.be/AtiZamRKctU
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

• mephizton2092mephizton2092 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    Would preffered it more if the showed the visual shield on a ds9 related ship.

Kurland is cool.
    I would loved it to be manditory drop from the lockbox, and it gets automatically put on the roster of fed players and unable to dismiss like Thovan Kev. We can all dream. FED players would love it.

The fed related boffs, can they be used by romulan players and kdf players? Several holo crews are fed only. Else add some related faction holo for the other factions also.
    "Reports of our depression are vastly exaggerated."
    "Anyaway, we don't often see a sense of humor in Section 31."
  • setalia#9914 setalia Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Not true. Kurland is now my all-time favorite STO original character. In fact, I'm going to ask Kael to have them make the Holo-Kurland BOFF not unique, so that I can have an entire Kurland Away Team. :mrgreen:

I'll make him a bridge officer on my ship U.S.S. Kurland's Dab.

Love&Peace
    Seta
  • corelogikcorelogik Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    Questions;

1.) Are the Ferengi outfits Boffable? Can Boff's wear them? If not, FAIL!
    2.) Are the Ferengi outfits colorable?
    3.) What color are the Ferengi weapons?
    4.) What do the models look like?
    5.) What kinds of weapons (split beam, full auto, high density, etc) are there?

Inquiring Ferengi want to know,...
    "Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." ~ Me
    "There... are... four... lights!" ~Jean Luc Picard
  • mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    starswordc wrote: »
    > @mikoto8472 said:
    >

Cardassians have their own lockbox already and they've got a bunch of stuff in one of the C-Store packs for the expansion. Bajor is a Federation member in STO, and the DS9 C-Store pack has a lot of their stuff and the anniversary added a Bajoran ship and equipment set.

That's not really my point. Having released stuff in a lockbox before hasn't stopped Cryptic when it came to the two different types of Xindi Boxes.

All I was saying is that it would have been nice to see something from the Bajorans and Cardassians in this DS9 box, even if they were small and cosmetic like some of the Ferengi entries. Those two species played a much bigger role in DS9 than the Ferengi ever did.
  • kildor2012kildor2012 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    But do the BOFFs have voices, tho??
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    Kurland is like his own version of the Borg.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    I guess no one liked my USS Yeager suggestion?
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Implication of a kurland boff is that cryptic have thrown in the towel and are never going to fix the ai to enable away teams to do basic functions like walk through doors.

I realise I'm quoting myself but after the ore processing debacle it seems I was right about the boff pathing never getting sorted.