test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Will bird of prey pets ever be activated for the sarcophagus?

When the sarcophagus first came out there was mention of possibly allowing it to use bird of prey frigate pets. Since then I have not seen anything on it even though I search for it on a regular basis. Does anyone have any information abou this?

Answers

• Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,638 Arc User
    Basically they said that if it was asked for enough they'd consider it... but not that many people asked for it.
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Given that its a klink ship behind a gamble box combined with the vague amount of "enough" it could be a long time coming.
  • Options
    darekliftardarekliftar Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I really wish they would. Given gameplay wise they are not the best performer its really just a space barbie role play thing for me.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    If the ship is ever unlocked for Feds, yes. Otherwise, outlook not so good.
  • Options
    bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    That's why you roll fed. Quinn's handing out Danube frigate pets like candy and you can put them on any carrier. Ya'know Cryptic's unquenchable fed bias lol...
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • Options
    tomgonjinn23tomgonjinn23 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    bernatk wrote: »
    That's why you roll fed. Quinn's handing out Danube frigate pets like candy and you can put them on any carrier. Ya'know Cryptic's unquenchable fed bias lol...

To be fair Danube is trash and I don't think its considered a frigate. The only frigates FED has that aren't locked behind a lockbox ship are the Callistos.
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User

To be fair Danube is trash and I don't think its considered a frigate. The only frigates FED has that aren't locked behind a lockbox ship are the Callistos.

yep, the Danube is a Shuttle pet not a frigate or fighter. actually I don't think a carrier has been released with a Shuttle pet in a very long time.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options

while it's trash, still a 50k HP trash. It barely dies in MI while fighters are dropping like flies. I would be happy if Cryptic would release such an easily available frigate pet for KDF and roms.
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Danubes are runabouts (two per "wing"). Shuttles are three, frigates one.

This is another case to root for universal carrier pets. It makes no sense to limit some to specific ships and others not. Limiting frigates to dedicated "carriers" (they aren't really carried size wise, I just consider them warping in support) is fine but the specific pet shouldn't be limited.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    generalkertag#2364 generalkertag Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    No, but eventually, there will be a T6 Vo'Quv.
    don't be a tease
    2j4zi3k.jpg

• Options
    lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    > @angrytarg said:
    > Danubes are runabouts (two per "wing"). Shuttles are three, frigates one.
    >
    > This is another case to root for universal carrier pets. It makes no sense to limit some to specific ships and others not. Limiting frigates to dedicated "carriers" (they aren't really carried size wise, I just consider them warping in support) is fine but the specific pet shouldn't be limited.

Depends on the ship, the Jupiter can fit the Callistos in it.
  • Options
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Danubes are runabouts (two per "wing"). Shuttles are three, frigates one.

This is another case to root for universal carrier pets. It makes no sense to limit some to specific ships and others not. Limiting frigates to dedicated "carriers" (they aren't really carried size wise, I just consider them warping in support) is fine but the specific pet shouldn't be limited.

yeah, they could allow drone pets on any rom warbirds and some bird of prey frigate on any kdf carrier.
    Also I use the term frigate to describe the 50k HP pets. I use the carrier term for ships that have any number of hangar bays.
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I was referring to in-game terms. STO still follows some ancient rules, as in "carrier" comes with two hangar slots. A "frigate" is two per hangar, one per "wing" (click). Although some ships muddy the water, overall this still applies. In terms of keeping ships unique I support keeping frigates to carriers since that is their thing. But if I unlocked the peys it shouldn't matter on which ship I use them. I can use swarmers on any ship, but no stalkers on my fed ships or b'rels on the sarcophagus and neither can use the breen ships I unlocked during the event. That's a bit inconsequential.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    Still waiting for the Caitian Shikaris frigate pet for my Atrox.