test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Phoenix Box: May 2018 - Discussion

2»

Comments

• nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    The ships aren't the best part of the phoenix packs, the upgrade kits are.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    I don't think we've ever had 2 Phoenix events going within the space of a month, but then we are on the eve of the expansion so...

Last event I split my refined dil between 500 packs and buying Zen, this time what little dil I'd managed to stockpile in the intervening weeks went into Zen. The packs will be useful for my new character when the expansion goes live, especially if I wait until an upgrade weekend. I also have a couple dozen pieces of epic XIV weaponry sitting in my account bank, so my new toon will be set for guns from the very start. Even if the guns don't have the ideal epic modifier.
  • koppsterkoppster Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    I opened about 700 boxes this time round. Never got anything above a tier III token. Con, like all gambleboxing.
  • johnnyray14#4257 johnnyray14 Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    I've kept meticulous count through the embarrassing number of boxes I've opened since this thing started :).

15 Epic: ( 0.087%, or 1 in 1149)
    34 Ultr: ( 0.198%, or 1 in 507)
    2156 Very: (12.536%, or 1 in 8)
    5097 Rare: (29.637%, or 1 in 3)
    9896 Unco: (57.542%, or 1 in 2)
    - - - -
    17,198 boxes
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    I've been getting a fair mix of VR, R, and U myself from the free packs. During a previous one, I did score one Epic token and immediately got her a Nandi with it. If I ever score another, I'll get the Dorito ship
    Did they bring out a ship shaped like an isosceles triangle then? :p

In total I must have opened at least 3,000 packs and got half a dozen URs and two Epics, so from that the odds are 1 in 5,00 and 1 in 1,500, respectively. Since I was fortunate enough to already have all the T6 ships there's nothing to spend the epics on and they're far too rare to simply downgrade. And getting access to the bug ship is about 3-4 years too late! :D

Yes, it's called the Lukari Hokuun science ship, affectionately known as the Dorito ship, although it's more of an equilateral triangle. I got it unlocked on my main acct,but created my alt account after that event.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Forget the BS about too busy to update Phoenix Store Tables. It has been over 15 months since it was last updated.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • wylonuswylonus Member Posts: 471 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Devs, i am losing faith of ever getting ultra edition, been gettting uncommons, rare and and few very rare prizes, but never got any Ultra or Epic rare for 3 years, just about to give up, only to get upgrade tokens, everything else already claimed except those ultra rare ships.
    it is a dirty carrot on super long out of reach 30 foot pole forever instead of 10' long. if i was smarter, i would just use phaser to shoot that dangling carrot out of misery as it becoming so rotten.

personally, it just another con job to me.
  • lapprenticellapprenticel Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    You're better off converting Phoenix dilithium to zen then buying ship packs. 2,500,000 dilithium buys 3 new ships per toon, or 625 Phoenix boxes which according to johnnyray14's figures equates to about 1 Ultra Rare token to unlock 1 new ship on 1 toon.
    wylonus wrote: »
    Devs, i am losing faith of ever getting ultra edition, been gettting uncommons, rare and and few very rare prizes, but never got any Ultra or Epic rare for 3 years, just about to give up, only to get upgrade tokens, everything else already claimed except those ultra rare ships.
    it is a dirty carrot on super long out of reach 30 foot pole forever instead of 10' long. if i was smarter, i would just use phaser to shoot that dangling carrot out of misery as it becoming so rotten.

personally, it just another con job to me.

• postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    The second phoenix event is just being used to drain as much dil as they can from the game and also to keep folk logging in to keep player number metrics up before the expansion arrives (hopefully not because they're pulling another delta grinding and numbers will haemorrhage as a result)

Now into 2nd week of this phoenix event and between two accounts not got any higher than a single purple token early on.
  • kronin#4685 kronin Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    I haven't spent anything on the Phoenix box, so I won't complain about not getting an epic. I did once get an ultra rare, and I thank the devs for that. I do wish that the ships were account wide unlocks, though. About that, I would be motivated to play the lock box game, if you could buy vouchers with lobi to get any past event ship as an account unlock. Getting back to the Phoenix box, I will make one suggestion. Please make all of the old admiralty cards available. I already have the Assimilated Cruiser, and I think it should be available to everyone. Ditto a permanent Phoenix replica, instead of the disposables. I would also like to have the Stadi on a few more of my characters. Again, though, thanks for all the free stuff from the Phoenix box that I did get.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Yeah, my rates have been very low.. from the few first Phoenix Box promotions, i got 2 ultra rares, and the last one got an epic, now only 2 purples and a lots of uncommon.. dont really care, i'm saving my epic for my Jem'Haddar, and the rest is just upgrades!, I have everything on that box, but i do love those upgrades!
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • generalkertag#2364 generalkertag Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    I am at almost 500 boxes opened, and nothing above a VR token. All I want is the Samsar..that's it, just one lousy ship.
    2j4zi3k.jpg

• wherrold#3824 wherrold Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    I just open the boxes for the upgrades. They are so nice, especially come upgrade weekends.
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,843 Arc User
    I dropped enough dil to get 120 boxes.. zero UR or Epic. would be nice to get a bug ship for the sci captain that has a Jemnaught
    Spock.jpg

• avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I wish they would add the Kobali uniform to the box.
  • kildor2012kildor2012 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I spent 20 dollars on Zen and converted to approx 500k dil, and bought 50-60 phx boxes. got 1 epic and 2 ultra rare and the rest i made into upgrades.