test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Sector Space Traders still MIA after sector space revamp?

tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
This intentional or still pending in que to be added back? lol

bad enough they nuked Memory Alpha and never put those NPCs elsewhere.

Comments

• Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    You mean the cargo ships you can summon? I've seen them several times recently, both in the Alpha and Beta quadrants. Don't spend much time in the DQ, so don't know about there.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    OP is asking about the NPC traders that used to be in different areas of the sector space map. With the revamp they were removed, supposedly to be put back, but that hasnt happened.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    Really? The only traders I recall were the Ferengi and the Bolian from the beginning missions.
  • Options
    jbmonroejbmonroe Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    I think I've seen the Break Even recently, but I'll have to check again.

<Five minutes later>

The S. S. Break Even is sitting 1.62 LY from Pollux right now, on a NNW vector from the star. That's the only one I ever seen these days.
    boldly-watched.png
  • Options
    I've seen the Bolian and the Klingon recently when I was in the Alpha Quadrant, so they're there anyway. Not sure about the Suliban.

Possibly in the Beta Quadrant too, though not as recently. And I see the Break Even all the time, but he only trades with low-level toons.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    not much reason for them to exist to perfectly honest...they sold commodities for cheap, but now the commodities have been removed from the fleet station rep system, so...
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    TBH, I never used them once I got a Tuffli and everyone on my main acct has a Nandi. Still, I can always use traders on the spacedocks, DS9, Drozana, etc.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    TBH, I never used them once I got a Tuffli and everyone on my main acct has a Nandi. Still, I can always use traders on the spacedocks, DS9, Drozana, etc.

Same here. When in sector space Im usually doffing as I move to different areas so I never noticed them anyway.

fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    baudl wrote: »
    not much reason for them to exist to perfectly honest...they sold commodities for cheap, but now the commodities have been removed from the fleet station rep system, so...

Yeah, aside from a few doff missions they're basically vendor trash now.
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    baudl wrote: »

use em for clusters...
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Those vendors have been gone for years, I doubt they will ever come back.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    i remember those npcs, they were vendors giving basic supplies to exploration dailies from time to time. now the reason for their extinction is made apparent, they weren't fit for purpose in the new galaxy order in STO.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.