test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wingmen(like) mechanic as Fleet Admiral unlock?

stoyozstoyoz Member Posts: 63 Arc User
The ability to command small fleets in combat has been requested many-many times before. This new Wingmen mechanic, unique to the Vanguard ships, seems to have the potential to be expanded to achieve just that. We could truly utilize our ships in space, like our BOFFs in the away teams on ground.
Also, a similar UI for the separation pets is badly needed.
Tagged:

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    Eh... I don't see them divorcing the Wingmen mechanic from Vanguard ships, otherwise why bother getting Vanguard ships in the first place?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • stoyozstoyoz Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    I imagine the Wingmen would be still an inherent feature to the Vanguard ships, but a new feature could be developed on its basis to help us utilize our mothballed ships more at Fleet Admiral (and up).
  • sevenofnine13141sevenofnine13141 Member Posts: 4,272 Arc User
    Mhm. Since they developed the Vanguard wingmen feature, it's now more possible that a new feature based on it that can be developed which allows players who are FADM and up to lead small groups of ships. We'll call it the Task Force Feature so that it isn't confused for the Wingmen feature.
    | State of the Federation |
    The German Empire
    Founded 2413
    Leader: S. Raneson
    de_pr2.gif
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    Why not just have the Fleet Support use our inactive ships? Or any time we fight along side a fleet of unnamed NPC ships, they're replaced by our unactive ships as long as we're a flag officer? Using the same customization and weapons as we put on them.

We get a fleet, without stepping on the toes of the Jem'Hadar Vanguard.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    tyler002 wrote: »
    Why not just have the Fleet Support use our inactive ships? Or any time we fight along side a fleet of unnamed NPC ships, they're replaced by our unactive ships as long as we're a flag officer? Using the same customization and weapons as we put on them.

We get a fleet, without stepping on the toes of the Jem'Hadar Vanguard.

Fleet support would be a nice use of our extra ships. Having their gear buff their performance would be even more awesome and encourage people to kit them out more if they're like me and move the gear with the ship switch.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    They were looking at doing something like that with ships but it sadly devolved into the admiralty timesink instead.
    stoyoz wrote: »
    We could truly utilize our ships in space, like our BOFFs in the away teams on ground.

I laughed way too much at the idea of ships being as inept and belligerent as the ground boffs. Only benefit is space has no doorways for them to refuse to pass through.

Something simple like being able to designate a ship or group of ships to be picked from at random for fleet support would be interesting for sure although they may want to restrict it to stop folk bringing in a carrier, the bigger dreadnaughts or one of the future pancake ships.