test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Problems launching New Romulus Tier-up missions

roubiniroubini Member Posts: 57 Arc User
Having trouble with a new toon on New Romulus, launching some of the level-up missions at tier 2-3 at least (Mountain Pass and Paelhos caves). I also see other players apparently locked out, standing around looking for something to let them start the mission. Do we need teams now to start? There's nothing to push in the mission log to "launch" the mission either.....so is this a new-ish problem on our favorite Mol-homeworld? Thanks!

It's just "Dr Doom" Roubini
Refugee from those other games!
Tagged:

Comments

• rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    I had no problem to complete T2 mission on my delta character. The details bellow are non full or accurate but maybe could help.

Some needed quests are taken (and possibly hailed/delivered) now by J->Episodes (or available in some cases maybe?)->New Romulus and some are conjugated to NR reputation tier quests.

After you take the 1st quest in NR line and deliver it, you can skip and get all the others.
    (This is a whole complex issue. I hope you finished upper lines' blocking, yesterday's war including the level 43 quest too, at least, and just in case, also last lines' quests along with the 1st borg line quest ideally, were sent to NR by the romulan ambassador and took the 1st quest in NR, had the cutscene, talked to the ~two NPCs on stage as needed by quest description, and delivered the 1st quest there - can't help here much)

Have the needed quest active (1st time or reply) for doing the matching instance and reputation quest.

Don't leave an instance before doing what you need to do for the reputation tier quest as well! Do 4th and 5th tier quests together.

T1: The cache is needed to be found after you have T1 and be interacted with, until you submit recording. At that point also warehouse instance becomes available.
    T2: Next would be a Mountain Base quest, in mountain pass location. Don't forget to view and submit recording near that big shuttle/space vehicle.
    T3: The third would be Overgrown Caves in phaetos. Again, interact with all interactible consoles and submit recording as applicable - in general and here, don't exit prematurely or you'll have to retake the matching quest in J->Episodes->New Romulus and replay it again.

T4-5:The 4th and 5th may involve the Power Source. It's in the instance which requires EV suits. On that last t5 mission, do all objectives and DO NOT LEAVE UNTIL YOU MEET AND TALK D'TAN AND SUBMIT RECORDING/OTHERWISE INTERACT AFTER - any and all other interactions possible near the iconian gate after all animation and D'tan's talk etc was played out.

Note: I seem to not have any issue with instances and reputation but despite unlocking all the transportation points, I couldn't side to side transport to something called Isha forest. I hope this is not a result of skipping or otherwise doing things wrongly, but since just noticed this, I add this info too just in case.
    Post edited by rndfluctuation#1470 on
  • roubiniroubini Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    Thanks very helpful, still cant find no bloody tholian console for the Paelos caves though, nor any activation clues in the mission journals. And saw other playes go right past me into the caves lol

It's just "Dr Doom" Roubini
    Refugee from those other games!
  • kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    roubini wrote: »
    Thanks very helpful, still cant find no bloody tholian console for the Paelos caves though, nor any activation clues in the mission journals. And saw other playes go right past me into the caves lol

You need to have done the new romulus quests up to the point your at or you can't do the tier up, ie, staging area, warehouse, etc. I usually run the NR missions when the tier quest comes up, that way don't need to run it twice.