test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mirror Invasion (2 issues)

kcansur7kcansur7 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
1. Some of the rifts that appear in the Mirror Invasion event don't close with the decreased timer when using a science vessel.

2. Do warbirds that are dedicated science vessels and cruisers not get the bonus when closing rifts or activating satellites?

Comments

• kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    kcansur7 wrote: »
    1. Some of the rifts that appear in the Mirror Invasion event don't close with the decreased timer when using a science vessel.

2. Do warbirds that are dedicated science vessels and cruisers not get the bonus when closing rifts or activating satellites?

2. - It doesn't appear so. It takes my Rom Sci captain in a Scimitar twice as long to close a rift as it does my Fed Sci captain in a Pathfinder. I get the impression Rom science based ships aren't considered true science vessels.
  • lhoygowlhoygow Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    kcansur7 wrote: »

1. This has been a problem since day 1, some of the rifts completely ignore that you are in a dedicated science ship.
    2. Science ships have a secondary deflector, sensor analysis, subsystem targeting and a 3/3 weapon set-up. There are dedicated science warbirds that fit this description, such as the Dyson Science Destroyer, Ha'nom Guardian, etc.
    2. - It doesn't appear so. It takes my Rom Sci captain in a Scimitar twice as long to close a rift as it does my Fed Sci captain in a Pathfinder. I get the impression Rom science based ships aren't considered true science vessels.

Captain type doesn't matter, and ships like the Scimitar, Odyssey and Bortasqu that have more of a science focus also do not count as a "Science" ship.
  • daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    It also stopped giving me the promotional reward for the DIL at the end.
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.