test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Allowing selection of Event ships to be bought off a store

s3vorgxs3vorgx Member Posts: 7 Arc User
edited July 2016 in Reputation System
As many would agree, the event ships have had their ups and their downs. Some being incredibly powerful such as the Krenim Science Vessel. and others like the Risian Corvette which basically is a flying racecar. As it has been for years only those who have spent the time during the event have access to it during the event period. This had been changed recently to allow for Anniversary "Marks" purchasable off the Lobi store. This now allows people to get ships that they missed out on in the event. I propose that their should be a way to access the event ships after the event via the Lobi store, Zen store, Event Store, or even its own store using the anniversary marks as currency. If people think this is too much, give those access to the events who have played over those events, would be as simple as allow access to the ship projects from events starting from players start dates until the present. This could even be added to the list of Lifetime Subscription benefits. Doing this would give many who had missed out or didn't complete the project the chance to get ships that significantly affect damage in this game. The Krenim Science vessel being one of the essentials, with its timeline stabilizer console. Others like the Ferengi Warship and Kobali Samsar Dreadnought are also incredible vessels to behold. The list goes on and on but in reality this seems like a no brainer. Why disadvantage everyone? The ships are there to be admired, working for Lobi to get them isn't viewed as wrong so why are we still not able to access the ships projects?
  • Wasnt sure where to post this...
  • What is everyone's opinion.
  • Cryptic Think about this.

Comments

• highlandrisehighlandrise Member Posts: 354 Arc User
    Even so that this Thread is an older one, i 100% AGREE. So Far i was able to unlock ALL the Event Ships, BUT due to some Real Life Issues, i was away for around 8 Months and in that Time, i missed the chance to get the Vorgon Carrier. Now that iam back, seeing this nice Looking Carrier all over the Place Irks me like Crazy, its a Gray Spot in my Account Wide Unlock Store that i wont be able to Unlock ever, like they want to rub it right into my Face GRRRRR.

For the Love of Whatever is Holy to you Cryptic Guys, P.L.E.A.S.E. give as a way - any way - to unlock Prior Event Ships, and NO the Phoenix Box Single Character thingy is not an alternative!

Iam am one of those who likes to collect whatever can be collected, in this Case all the Event Ships, having Missed the Vorgon Carrier, seriously Ruins the Fun for me, so that i have a hard Time enjoying the Game :/

S3vorgx has some good Ideas there, and i believe any of those would be great and well received, People could get the Ships that they have missed, and YOU Cryptic could earn some extra Cash, Win Win for all?

Make the old Event Ship Projects avaible in a Seperate Menue, where we can than Slot them in, make it accept either Lobi, Event Currency (that we would have to buy with lobi?) or Zen? And when the Project is filled with - whatever Currency - we than get the Ship Account Wide unlocked like in in its Original Event. While this may be an expensive Way to get those old Ships, iam more than sure that People would throw there Wallets on it, to unlock them, you know that STO is Full with Collectors like myself who want all the Ships and other Shinys, cause "you gotta Catchem all!" :)

It would be still "Exclusive" enough, for the Simple fact that not everyone could effort it, BUT those who really want thme (*cough*ME*cough*) would have a way to achieve this.

People would send you Love Letters if you would do that, and you would have another Way of earning more Money for allready existing content (NO just NO to the Phoenix stuff, its not the Real Deal, the Unlock that the majority of People want)

Think about it Cryptic, you know that its not Wrong what iam saying. :|
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Check this out. https://sto.gamepedia.com/Phoenix_Prize_Pack

All the event ships you want...with Dilithium..not Zen or Lobi.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    edited December 2017
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Check this out. https://sto.gamepedia.com/Phoenix_Prize_Pack

All the event ships you want...with Dilithium..not Zen or Lobi.

Read my Post again (or read it at all) than you might see whats wrong with your answer.
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    A while back, I had opined that one should be able to, for instance, get any summer event ship at any summer event, with the caveat being that the ships have a special hull pattern which is only available in its debut year. That would be even easier to implement now that vanity-only shields exist.

Hypothetical future example: the Summer 2018 event ship is the Vorgon cruiser (to round out the trifecta). Under this proposed system, the 'package' you get from the 2018 event contains a pair of special requisition packs - one for the ship itself, and one for a vanity shield. Running the project in any subsequent year only gives the ship.

I cannot recall hearing any good reason why this is not the case: 'metrics' as an argument doesn't even get out of the gate (we're still talking about a project fueled by a daily event); and 'exclusivity' is handled by the vanity shield.

Of course, if folks want to try their luck with the Phoenix Prize packs, that would still exist as an option.
    I, and iam sure most of the People out there could live with that "Vanity Shield only during the Event Time", as long as we can get all the Ships during the Events, those wo participated during the events would still have an exclusive Ship Pattern, that they can brag about, and everyone else who coudlnt make it in time (for whatever real life reason) could still get the Ship the next Time when the Event is up again, this would be a more than acceptable Solution.

The only ones who could have a Problem with that, are those who dont want others to have nice stuff too (""I should have all the shinys no one else!"") everyone else would be more than happy to complete his Collection of Ships, or to get that one Ship he Missed that he really would like to fly. Its not even like we are just getting it like that, nope people would STILL have to Grind for it during the Events, in other Words MORE METRICS, and if they are going for that last Summer Ship on one Character, and for the New One on another Character, that would mean that they spend at least TWICE as much Time with the Event = MOAR METRICS, so HOW on Earth is that a Bad thing??? Would be Great for US, Would be Great for CRYPTIC, a 5 Years Old kid Could understand that Logic.......
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Classy move to put everyone who could possibly disagree with you in a unfavorable position from the get go.

That aside, you used to be able to slot old event ships every year up to the third or fourth year when they changed it. I personally wouldn't mind going back there, however another way to see it is to consider events "rewards" for continous play like sometimes email promotions reward coming back to the game. If you aren't around you miss out, but it's like a crucial part of the game is missing. Sometimes one can't have it all *shrugs* - only thing which has gameplay consequences are the four part sets. But the consoles are obtainable via the Phoenix box if I'm not mistaken.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou