test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are you happy Romulans will be able to use most of their allies tier five and tier six ships?"

Comments

• mecaldarmecaldar Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Hm I would love to see feds/kdf be able to use rom ships and rom be able to use fed/kdf ships
  • marctraiderzmarctraiderz Member Posts: 539 Arc User
    No because of unbalance because Federation and Kdf gets nothing out of this.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/8l9cbq/romulan_superior_dps_vs_native_fedkdf/

My thoughts.
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    Yes About Time!
    I can't see how Feds should have a problem with this. They've had the lions share of ship content over the years. KDF I can see more of an argument for.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • gurluasgurluas Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    Yes About Time!
    I will finally be able to use a D'kyr with Romulan armaments, it's gonna be glorious.
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    Yes About Time!

DPS wise barely anything changes. Roms already have carbon copy equivalents (CBCs, pilot ships, multi mission explorers, etc.) or an outright better version ( T6 D'D > T6 Gal) of most of the fed & kdf endgame ships. The only things that will be completely new are the Arbiter and Kurak lines with their cmdr. eng seat and the 5/3 layout. But since roms have the scimi those two also won't make much of an impact.
  • killer1986chriskiller1986chris Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    T5 I was personally hoping for, T6 I'm not overly pleased about other than the fact it does mean more Admiralty cards.
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    An earlier post said that now they will not have to make a rom ship for megabundles. I think this is the correct reason, because the sales of single faction bundle probably vastly outweigh the mega bundles. and with a FOURTH faction the mega bundles will be far too expensive for most casual players
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • steinbergsteinberg Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Yes About Time!
    Well the major plus is i will always have enough ships for admiralty - i have about 35 t5/t6 ships on my feds and 30 on my kdf which now can be used by my roms.
    Taking into account t1 to t4 ships on those factions and shuttles as well,some of my roms will have 60+ ships just for admiralty.

This may well give roms a big advantage over feds/kdf,in some respects -easier to get cxp and skill points,dil and ec.
  • duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    Yes About Time!
    Yes, albeit only for admirality reasons.
    Dear Cryptic, can we HOPE to get some vulcan themed T6 ships this year?
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    As far as I can tell it just a few ships and the one I really want my Romulan Captain to be able to use in not among the few, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

That said, I'm happy for the folks that can use Fed or Kling ships that they really want to use.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    gurluas wrote: »
    I will finally be able to use a D'kyr with Romulan armaments, it's gonna be glorious.
    Have you tried this thing:
    jaridix_by_marhawkman-daykq93.png
    It's pretty good. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • johnnyray14#4257 johnnyray14 Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    I'd rather not have the temptation to go buy more ship slots for my Rom toons now. They were quite happy with what they already had. I also don't like it that there's a strategy for new players that simultaneously maximizes endgame ship content and minimizes factional lore. (That is, just use two toons, a Rom-Fed and a Rom-KDF.) It's like affirmative action gone bonkers :).
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    Yes About Time!
    I voted: "Yes About Time!" although I won't say I'm happy about it, it just doesn't bother me, & I think it is beneficial to the Romulan mini-faction without taking anything away from the 2 main factions. I'm surprised Cryptic even allowed some tier 6 ships to be included. Even with this change though if a player doesn't like it then the player has a choice to benefit from it or not so it is on us.
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    No because of other reasons/Or its not lore friendly
    gurluas wrote: »
    Shame Cryptic haven't done the T6 D'kyr yet.

attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    best fed now is rom-fed. get pure sro on all BOs now. get almost all the warp core ships and singularity ships... heck it is all zen store warp core ships. only T6 ships you dont get access to is the gamble box ships.
  • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    No because of other reasons/Or its not lore friendly
    Does that mean you can use the super fast transwarp vesta console T5 set on the Romulan Explorer Warbirds? Wish they gave old consoles to both kdf/rom.​​
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    I don't care either way. My Warbirds are better than what the Feds / KDF have anyways. What they will get are unparalleled ASScard collections.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Does that mean you can use the super fast transwarp vesta console T5 set on the Romulan Explorer Warbirds? Wish they gave old consoles to both kdf/rom.​​

if console is universal and can be used on any ship... then you can use it on a warbird.

if the console is restricted to a type of ship... that remains.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    I am glad that my Romulan main can get more ships for Admiralty, but hoping my Fed mains will get access to Romulan ships like they will with the new Jem'Hadar ships!
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    Wouldn't have minded if Fed and KDF characters got access to the bulk of Romulan ships in return.
  • wufangchuwufangchu Member Posts: 778 Arc User
    This certainly takes us closer to our faction Masters.. You now. The Federation, which gets every thing while the KDF starves for attention with Romulus running a close second..
    I still think they need to allow us to join the Tal Shiar..
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    mikoto8472 wrote: »
    Wouldn't have minded if Fed and KDF characters got access to the bulk of Romulan ships in return.
    Yeah, for Jem'Hadar ships you have a new mastery level that let's you use it on Fed/KDF.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Yes About Time!
    If only have access to rom materials…
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • themadrigogsthemadrigogs Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    Yes and No. I'm happy to have more ships for Admiralty but I'm not happy they are giving playable tier 5 and tier 6 fed/kdf ships to the Romulans
    I'd be happier if there were a quick way to assemble your admiralty cards without picking up and dropping ship after ship.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Yes About Time!
    As long as all the Ship Traits that I got to 'open' for free (I assume there were some?) because I could not use those ships don't disappear and I am made to grind them out for real!
  • qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    Where's the "Meh, it doesn't matter to me that much." vote? :p
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    Yes About Time!
    qqqqii wrote: »
    Where's the "Meh, it doesn't matter to me that much." vote? :p

Didn't think to add that option but its a good idea for a poll option. Maybe next time I'll think of adding such an option if I think of it.