test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Queue's and Damaged Ships

Can you please prevent people from signing up for PVE Queues and even a custom group starting a run if anybody is in a ship that is damaged.

On several occasions today I have run into people with combined total of 50+ damage stacks over multiple systems, a couple have even said they never intend on repairing their ships.

Comments

• Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    LOL! This is funny.

Frankly, the reason I decided to go back to NORMAL difficulty....
    This stupid "repairs" mechanic that is WAY more complicated than it has to be.

And does not work to clear damage reliably.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    jelly0jelly0 Member Posts: 560 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    LOL! This is funny.

Frankly, the reason I decided to go back to NORMAL difficulty....
    This stupid "repairs" mechanic that is WAY more complicated than it has to be.

And does not work to clear damage reliably.

Plenty of repair your ship places on stations, easy to find and takes a few seconds or just keep the stuff in your bags.

You just have to be straight up lazy not to do it and if you are like this you shouldn't be joining groups.

You wouldn't take some players through raids in WoW with ress sickness.
  • Options
    Reality check.....

No one wants to stop playing to GO to those ship places. Nor wants to KEEP 6 DIFFERENT stacks of repair tokens in inventory.

Doesn't matter, anyways, because some are back the next time you log in.

They should make these repair facilities a direct button...no tokens, no EC necessary. At which point....why bother having it at all?

Cryptic, seriously, needs to get rid of this crazy mechanic.
    Because, as you figured out, players do not care.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Some players keep those damaged ships and injured Captains as a way of making the game more challenging for themselves. And I'm fine with that as long as they are solo. The second they join a team, those injuries are fixed and don't hinder the group. Then they can go back and have their fun solo.

I guess this would mean that there really is no point in the injuries so I agree, Cryptic should dump the mechanic.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    stee1maxstee1max Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    Did you like it?
  • Options
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    I see nothing wrong with abolishing the injury system. Although I do like collecting as many useless injuries as possible to immunize myself against getting actual injuries. If you stack 50x injuries of something you don't even have on your ship and therefore has no effect on you, you can't get any injuries.

BTW, despite a patch note ages back claiming that injuries don't get added to the overflow bag anymore, it's not true, they still end up in the overflow bag and then can end up in the injury tabs of the wrong kind of character from there.

Dang...it is more broken than I thought.

• Options
    snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    You don't need to return to a starbase for repairs.

I have my inventory stacked with minor components and major components and I can use them to heal my ship by going to the ship status window, default key "k".

Same works on ground with minor and major regenerators, go to the characters status window and heal them through there.

Aslong as you have the items in your inventory, you do not need to visit a starbase / sickbay.

You can even heal injuries and damage while on the map, but not during alert condition/combat.
  • Options
    jelly0jelly0 Member Posts: 560 Arc User
    I have my inventory stacked with minor components and major components and I can use them to heal my ship by going to the ship status window, default key "k".
    That assumes that A: We care, and B: We actually find these things at rates which correspond to how often injuries occur. Neither of these things is true. Additionally, Critical ones are simply not available anywhere. All of this, of course, consumes far too much attention for something I simply do not care about!

My point exactly, YOU don't care as well as many MANY others but they still have no problem signing up for PVE queues which is why I suggested denial to PVE queue if you have ship damage.

People that actively try to do these events within the timer and efficiently don't need lazy people that afk with dozens of ship damage.

At least you can try and convince the group leader to give people like this the boot.

Stick to the Normal queue's if you cba.
  • Options
    I think most of the "performance" based players got scared off of pugging the queues BECAUSE of what you are complaining of.

The in-game "normal", "advanced", "elite" difficulties has not worked for the players in a long time. From what has been explained to me, Cryptic does not have the rewards set properly to give any meaning to in game difficulties levels.

Blocking off needed (Elite) currencies from one group is going to have players migrating to where they CAN get access the needed currencies...whether they are ready, or not. Therefore, the system has already failed in what it was designed to do by default.

So, you will always be mixed up in pugs. Everyone from those who do enough to get by, those with different goal posts, those with better performance, and those who AFK and do nothing.

You have to kinda socialize with peers to get to run with players of similar intent. They got chatting channels in the game to form teams.

I don't know what they are...I don't use them. Maybe someone will drop in eventually with a list for you. Or join a good, active fleet that run these queues together.

• Options
    trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Reality check.....

No one wants to stop playing to GO to those ship places. Nor wants to KEEP 6 DIFFERENT stacks of repair tokens in inventory.

Doesn't matter, anyways, because some are back the next time you log in.

They should make these repair facilities a direct button...no tokens, no EC necessary. At which point....why bother having it at all?

Cryptic, seriously, needs to get rid of this crazy mechanic.
    Because, as you figured out, players do not care.

Then I guess I am not no one because I do keep 6 different stacks (more in fact because I keep double stacks) of repair and heal tokens. Never ran out of inventory space.
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • Options
    trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    That assumes that A: We care, and B: We actually find these things at rates which correspond to how often injuries occur. Neither of these things is true. Additionally, Critical ones are simply not available anywhere. All of this, of course, consumes far too much attention for something I simply do not care about!

You don't find these things at rates which correspond to how often injuries occur? Well that's right. I think I must get close to 3 tokens for every injury I receive. I have tons of them.
    Dahar Master Qor'aS