test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Temp Agent

Delta recruit was brought back but no temporal agent? Not sure whyyou do 1 and not rhe other

Comments

• Options
    tm706tm706 Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    Delta Recruit was brought back YEARS after it initially ran. It also didn't run concurrent with the Temporal Agent Event. I'm thinking we are going to see it come back, but not before a long wait like the Delta Recruit event.
    Coffee is life.

Message me in-game (@tm706) for help

1st Alpha Quadrant Fleet
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Well, first of all running two recruitment events at the same time is liable to overwhelm people who haven't completed either event before (and just prior to [very likely] running a new recruitment event for ViL.) Secondly, it's not necessary to run both to help maintain interest in the game. And third, it's something Cryptic can save for a future date. :smile:
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    Echoing the above, the Delta Recruit rerun ran almost exactly on the 3 year anniversary of the original run. We are still a bit short of the 2 year anniversary of Temporal Agents event. It's not guaranteed that there will be a Temporal Agent rerun by the 3rd anniversary of the original, but this Delta Recruit rerun does make it more likely.

Rumor has it that there wouldn't have been even 4 weeks to run a Temporal Agent rerun before VIL launches, and the also-rumored Gamma Recruitment begins.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    Since these guys covered it already, here's some footage of my Delta recruit leveling up and handing out rewards to the rest of my characters:

Jem'Hadar+gif.gif
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    flesson616 wrote: »
    Delta recruit was brought back but no temporal agent? Not sure whyyou do 1 and not rhe other

The Delta Recruitment Event was original released back in April 2015. So it was reintroduced 3 years later.

The Temporal Agent Recruitment was original released back in August 2016. If Cryptic does not reintroduce that recruitment event by next August, then sure go ahead and complain. Otherwise, it is too soon to complain about it.
  • Options
    flesson616flesson616 Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    yeah i nkow the times it ran just figured they would run them before victory of life launch
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,600 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    maybe this time do a Klingon Temporal Officer, and then a Romulan one after that i can even see the last episode before you come to the modern time.. captain of a T'liss probing the Federation border and you get taken out by the Enterprise...
    We Want Vic Fontaine