test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to stop autofiring on xbox one

So i connected my keyboard to my xbox to be able to type in chat. Worked rather well until i fumbled my wireless keyboard and apparently hit something. Probably a keybind. Apparently the devs didnt remove the keyboard keybinds from the xbox one version so here i am unable to stop firing at enemies. Once i fire on one, anything thats a targetable enemy within 10k of my ship gets fired on, even after untargeting something.. This affects just my one character. Seriously need a hand with this. Makes for some... Interesting and headache enducing issues in pve and pvp.

Comments

• baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    I'm experiencing the same issue. However; there isn't a normal PC keybind that affects autofire that's located under control options.
  • baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Did some testing. Had a character that wasn't stuck in autofire load up, plugging in my keyboard and pressed some keys. Ran into an issuse where the right thumbstick wasn't moving the camera so I opened options and pressed Revert to Defaults and lo and behold that character is now stuck in autofire. So it looks like this is an issure on their side, some setting that we can't get to on console that was changed by accident.

Should be simple for them to fix this "IF" they would just get to it.
  • archange1500archange1500 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Well its good to know im not the only one. Here is to hoping they do fix it one day... No high hopes but its worth a shot!
  • frontliner#4773 frontliner Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    +1, hitting both the autofire and right thumb stick issues here too.
  • engineerb4#4806 engineerb4 Member Posts: 211 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2019
    Post edited by engineerb4#4806 on
    STO Software Engineer
    I build things. Things that make us go.
  • oredshirt#7209 oredshirt Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    This is happening on my new SCI alt and it is killing my gameplay. I don't think it first happened till I got to maybe level 40 or 50. Now at 60 I cannot build power or sprint past people without shooting at anything. The first thing I tried was defaulting all of my settings and it did not work. It was also suggested I remove all my traits, boffs, doffs, everything but beams... I moved to a dry ship and the same thing occurred.

What happens is the weapon indicators as the bottom of the screen gain a green border after firing my first volley(RT), after that the borders stay lit and it does not go away till after leaving a pve or mission. I would love to be able to have fun while playing during mark weekend to get my new character a good start, but it is NOT going well and usually results in hours of looking for crazy solutions online. Please help. Has the next console release gone in since the 18th or do you mean like next episode? That is a long time to wait..
  • engineerb4#4806 engineerb4 Member Posts: 211 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2019
    Post edited by engineerb4#4806 on
    STO Software Engineer
    I build things. Things that make us go.
  • massajedimassajedi Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Same thing happening here. Very frustrating indeed.