test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Victory is Life: Turn the Tide

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
The story of Victory is Life begins with an episode that's unique to the Jem'Hadar - learn what it means to be a warrior for the Dominion, and Turn the Tide:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10899043

Comments

• richyrich1991richyrich1991 Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    Sweet, straight into the action, I like it :smiley:
    "As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives.
    This we do gladly, for we are Jem'Hadar. Victory is Life!"
    njflWNG.jpg
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    Yay!

*Gets his battle tardigrade in a human suit, AKA Jem'Hadar, ready*
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    Sweet.
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • korithian1korithian1 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    Any up date on when we will get to see this for ourselves?
  • revanatriusrevanatrius Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I live to serve the Founders,
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    So much detail, I can't handle it. :p

And seriously, I like that there isn't a lot of detail, let us find out on our own.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • hivercidehivercide Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    "Not Repeatable"....Well I for one would like to know ahead of time whether there are any Accolades available in this mission, other than for just completing it.
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    iamynaught wrote: »

And seriously, I like that there isn't a lot of detail, let us find out on our own.

That's kind of the idea with all of the VIL missions. We want to tease them a little, but not really tell you anything.
  • voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    hivercide wrote: »
    "Not Repeatable"....Well I for one would like to know ahead of time whether there are any Accolades available in this mission, other than for just completing it.

My guess, is it is like many of the transition episodes, not much detail/story just meant to get you from point A to Point B. So probably not many if any accolades to worry about.

Sounds like it is basically the Dominion's version of the anniversary episode. Which will see the Dominion join the Battle of DS9 to help the alliance defeat the Hu'roq, before officially joining them and defending the larger galaxy (for the glory of the Founders of course)
  • darkwhite0darkwhite0 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    qZC5Dnv.png

omg, this scene must happen in this new expansion
  • marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    > @korithian1 said:
    > Any up date on when we will get to see this for ourselves?

June 6th, 2018
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    hivercide wrote: »

This. I want ALL my accolades!
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • korithian1korithian1 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    > @korithian1 said:
    > Any up date on when we will get to see this for ourselves?

June 6th, 2018

Thanks for that.

After a while teaser content loses its shine as it just repeats what has already been said, play as a Jem'hadar, play a mission as a Jem'Hadar, Captain a space ship as a Jem'Hadar. STO in interactive, I'd rather be doing than told what I could be doing 'Soon'.
  • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    I would like to get Loriss as a BOFF. Any chance of that happening?
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    velqua wrote: »

+1000

The trouble, though, is Vorta don't serve UNDER Jem'Hadar, but the other way around. Loriss as a mission giver might be more probable.

Hopefully we'll get playable Changelings (obviously locked into solid form through some catastrophe) at some point, and THEN we could get Loriss as a BOFF. Not likely, I'm afraid, but we can both dream.

At least she's respectful to her superiors, which is more than I can say for most of the FED officers that FED players have to deal with. I can't remember the last time I heard a "Sir" from some lowly Commander or Captain to my Fleet Admirals. Every insubordinate word spat out by that Commander in "Of Bajor" makes me regret the abolition of flogging!
    vorwoda wrote: »
    velqua wrote: »

+1000

The trouble, though, is Vorta don't serve UNDER Jem'Hadar, but the other way around. Loriss as a mission giver might be more probable.

Hopefully we'll get playable Changelings (obviously locked into solid form through some catastrophe) at some point, and THEN we could get Loriss as a BOFF. Not likely, I'm afraid, but we can both dream.

At least she's respectful to her superiors, which is more than I can say for most of the FED officers that FED players have to deal with. I can't remember the last time I heard a "Sir" from some lowly Commander or Captain to my Fleet Admirals. Every insubordinate word spat out by that Commander in "Of Bajor" makes me regret the abolition of flogging!

In all fairness, Even though I would love it, I doubt we will get a playable Changeling. The "locked in solid Form" isn't really an issue, as even the blog shows, Founders can assume a solid form for quite some time if it suits them.

The problem is that the Dominion is very stratified. A Jem'Hadar or Vorta would NEVER order Founder. Under no circumstances. Likewise, it is extremely rare That a Jem'hadar would order a Vorta for any reason.

Vorta as a Playable are possible (assuming we don't have a Jem'hadar quest giver) as Vorta can give orders to one another as the situation warrants. But the minute you introduce Founders as Playable, only another Changeling would give them orders.
  • richyrich1991richyrich1991 Member Posts: 139 Arc User

In all fairness, Even though I would love it, I doubt we will get a playable Changeling. The "locked in solid Form" isn't really an issue, as even the blog shows, Founders can assume a solid form for quite some time if it suits them.

The problem is that the Dominion is very stratified. A Jem'Hadar or Vorta would NEVER order Founder. Under no circumstances. Likewise, it is extremely rare That a Jem'hadar would order a Vorta for any reason.

Vorta as a Playable are possible (assuming we don't have a Jem'hadar quest giver) as Vorta can give orders to one another as the situation warrants. But the minute you introduce Founders as Playable, only another Changeling would give them orders.

Yeah I agree, the Founders aren't ever likely to be playable but I do think that if they're using this species lock thing as a way to adhere to canon then the players who make science toons should get Vorta instead of Jem'Hadar.
    Vorta scientists/doctors are a thing mentioned in the series but I doubt a Jem'Hadar would ever be in such a position to be honest.
    "As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives.
    This we do gladly, for we are Jem'Hadar. Victory is Life!"
    njflWNG.jpg

Yeah I agree, the Founders aren't ever likely to be playable but I do think that if they're using this species lock thing as a way to adhere to canon then the players who make science toons should get Vorta instead of Jem'Hadar.
    Vorta scientists/doctors are a thing mentioned in the series but I doubt a Jem'Hadar would ever be in such a position to be honest.

the Tac/Sci/Engineer thing really only applies to Starfleet. But yeah. Jem'hadar are strictly Foot Soldiers. They don't really work as an Engineer or Science Officer. I think this is probably going to be one of those "head canon" things, where the game says you are a "science Officer" because mechanics are that way. But in your own head you are just another loyal Jem'hadar soldier.

Or you could just run them as strictly a Tac officer. I mean there really is rarely a difference between sci/tac/eng characters from a storyline perspective.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,005 Community Moderator
    the Tac/Sci/Engineer thing really only applies to Starfleet. But yeah. Jem'hadar are strictly Foot Soldiers. They don't really work as an Engineer or Science Officer.

Speak for yourself. I'm making a Combat Engineer. ;)
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    darkwhite0 wrote: »
    qZC5Dnv.png

omg, this scene must happen in this new expansion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50tSCZZROh0

0:24

I believe that scene is in a trailer for the Dominion episode arc. Pretty cool. Have to say I think the trailer and Loriss laughing and goading like classic egotistical Vorta is better than the actual missions. Especially the boring Bajor ground portion..... Still the ground buildings and scenery look amazing there. Maybe they might revamp those few episodes with the addition of Salome Jens (Founder) & Jeffrey Combs (Weyoun).​​
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,981 Arc User
    qZC5Dnv.png

Great shot. Was this scene ever seen in-game?
    protoneous wrote: »
    qZC5Dnv.png

It is part of the opening cinematic on the fed side. and apparently was also used in the trailer for the 2800 arc.

It is part of the opening cinematic on the fed side. and apparently was also used in the trailer for the 2800 arc.

Thanks. It's a very dramatic scene.

• pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User

It is, its just a shame they overused depth of field and blur. At least we can turn it off as it makes 90% of content look worse.

pottsey5g wrote: »

It is, its just a shame they overused depth of field and blur. At least we can turn it off as it makes 90% of content look worse.
    To be honest I was kind of wondering why the scene never made it into the game. You usually don't see movie trailers with scenes not in the actual movie.
  • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited May 2018

To be honest I was kind of wondering why the scene never made it into the game. You usually don't see movie trailers with scenes not in the actual movie.

Yes you do. Scenes from trailers are often cut out of the theatrical release. And this made it in-game as a intro and trailer for the Dominion arc.
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    iamynaught wrote: »

That's kind of the idea with all of the VIL missions. We want to tease them a little, but not really tell you anything.

Most excellent.
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    the Tac/Sci/Engineer thing really only applies to Starfleet. But yeah. Jem'hadar are strictly Foot Soldiers. They don't really work as an Engineer or Science Officer.

Speak for yourself. I'm making a Combat Engineer. ;)

Very true & is even canon somewhat with that DS9 episode, I forget the title, where they, Jem'Hadar & DS9's main characters, were all teamed-up to learn about one another before the mission.

Yes you do. Scenes from trailers are often cut out of the theatrical release. And this made it in-game as a intro and trailer for the Dominion arc.
    Ya you're right about the movie trailers. If this made it into-the-playable-game as an introductory or cut scene I must have forgotten seeing it. Probably not fair to compare a movie trailer to a game trailer anyhow. I like it.